Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

San Diego State at UNLV

7 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Aztecs now lead the historic series between the two schools after winning 31 of the last 41 games. I can’t imagine many schools can say that. 

We’ve been in a little slump but things are looking up.

2 hours ago, albert mac meda said:

The “overrated” chant in a loss? Wow, I thought a Rebel crowd would be a little more seasoned than that. :rolleyes:

Prolly started by UNLV's GOAT, Rebel Robert.

Boom goes the dynamite.

The fact that San Diego State is suggesting that they won’t have more money to pay Brian Dutcher is beyond criminal.  They can find the money if they want to.  STOP making excuses.  Also, stop paying your assistants shitty salaries.

Question for UNLV fans...

Dave Rice managed to beat a top-5 team in the TMack in his first season as HC (#1 UNC).

Marvelous Marv managed to beat a top-5 team in the TMack in his first season as HC (#5 Oregon).

Does it worry you Otz was unable to capitalize on his lone opportunity to follow suit? :hmmm:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

21 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Dave Rice managed to beat a top-5 team in the TMack in his first season as HC (#1 UNC).

Marvelous Marv managed to beat a top-5 team in the TMack in his first season as HC (#5 Oregon).

Does it worry you Otz was unable to capitalize on his lone opportunity to follow suit? :hmmm:

Rice beat UNC in Vegas but neutral site, Orleans. Rice also beat Oregon in his last year, not Marv at MGM. I believe the only top 50 team Marv ever beat was Reno 2 years ago. Nobody is using Dave or Marv as a measuring stick.

36 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

No.

38 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

And anyway Dave also beat #3 Arizona. Marv didn't beat anyone.

4 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

True. 21-0 is tough no matter who. This team is poised for a solid run and say a S16 would be a helluva season. I think you guys do need a loss or 2 heading into March though. That is some other kind of pressure. Undefeated into Sweet 16 and a loss would be disappointing to some. Mostly because the roster is built for the now with so many seniors.

Only 3 Seniors on the team (2 Starters).

Things appear to be headed in the right direction at UNLV.  Hopefully we’ll have the old Big Three plus your rival to lead the conference soon enough.

5 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

They don't hang banners for being 21-0. I think this state of mind is shared by most of us, and is definitely shared by the team.

But queerfish's comment is just poor form. Give credit where credit's due, ffs. From Norlander's Friday article on the Aztecs:

Oh get over yourself TheSanDyGayman... Im not hating. The team is virtually the same team as last years that did not even win the conference plus two really good additions. 

I give suds all the credit, really good veteran ball club with nice pieces and good attention to detail. But for instance the UCLA team looked like the best collection of talent 

I saw UNLV play this year. There are definitely 4 better teams in the county than suds. Thats not hating, its just being objective after seeing your team a few times and your schedule plus a head to head

with a team ive watched play every game. A true number 4 steamrolls UNLV the way ucla and byu did. suds is a paper champ who has played CUPCAKE CITY. 1st or 2nd round tourney exit. 

14 minutes ago, bitteraztec said:

Only 3 Seniors on the team (2 Starters).

Things appear to be headed in the right direction at UNLV.  Hopefully we’ll have the old Big Three plus your rival to lead the conference soon enough.

You will most likely lose your entire starting backcourt because Flynn will probably go pro. Losing Wetzell and Feagin are also huge losses. Those 3 are the bulk of the teams scoring and offense.

58 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

Rice beat UNC in Vegas but neutral site, Orleans. Rice also beat Oregon in his last year, not Marv at MGM. I believe the only top 50 team Marv ever beat was Reno 2 years ago. Nobody is using Dave or Marv as a measuring stick.

25 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

And anyway Dave also beat #3 Arizona. Marv didn't beat anyone.

My bad. When I went to check Marv's first year (16-17), Google displayed the prior year and I didn't pay enough attention to notice. 

11 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Oh get over yourself TheSanDyGayman... Im not hating. The team is virtually the same team as last years that did not even win the conference plus two really good additions. 

I give suds all the credit, really good veteran ball club with nice pieces and good attention to detail. But for instance the UCLA team looked like the best collection of talent 

I saw UNLV play this year. There are definitely 4 better teams in the county than suds. Thats not hating, its just being objective after seeing your team a few times and your schedule plus a head to head

with a team ive watched play every game. A true number 4 steamrolls UNLV the way ucla and byu did. suds is a paper champ who has played CUPCAKE CITY. 1st or 2nd round tourney exit. 

This team is nothing like last year's team. Offensive efficiency, defensive efficiency, A:TO ratio, unselfish play, inside-out halfcourt sets, complete buy-in from everybody on the roster, much older... 

You obviously don't know shit about hoops, at least when it comes to the Aztecs. :rolleyes:

What you saw was a team playing without its starting center and rim protector, and missing its best offensive rebounder and most versatile defender (we rebounded better than you with both of them in the lineup). What you saw today was a team playing small ball as an adjustment to said injuries. And what you saw today was your HC du jour wanting this game more than any other game in the season. As did the players.

And don't worry princess... we'll roll you has-beens like a fat blunt when your sorry asses come to town.

15 minutes ago, qwelish said:

You will most likely lose your entire starting backcourt because Flynn will probably go pro. Losing Wetzell and Feagin are also huge losses. Those 3 are the bulk of the teams scoring and offense.

And you sound like a 12-year old butthurt little bitch who just had her lunch money taken.

Cry harder little girl. 

22 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Feagin averages 7.8 points.  Wetzell’s having a monster year but doesn’t have to be replaced with equal production.  Flynn will be back.  We’ve got 8 players earning non-garbage time minutes that will return next year (nine with Flynn).

If you’re hoping for a big drop off, you’ll be disappointed. 

1 minute ago, TheSanDiegan said:

This team is nothing like last year's team.

Seiko, Mitchell, Arop, Mensah, Shackel all there last year. 7 of your top 11 minutes players are returning players.

The transfers have made a huge impact, but none of them are lottery pick type impact players. I think there is a big fit in Dutch's system. 

4 minutes ago, bitteraztec said:

Feagin averages 7.8 points.  Wetzell’s having a monster year but doesn’t have to be replaced with equal production.  Flynn’s will be back.  We’ve got 8 players earning non-garbage time minutes that will return next year (nine with Flynn).

If you’re hoping for a big drop off, you’ll be disappointed. 

Same thing delusional reno fans said last year when I said the same thing. If suds finishes the season top 5, Flynn is gone.

Maybe if suds flames out 1st or 2nd like I think, 50/50 chance he comes back.

But if you guys go on a huge run  sweet 16 / elite 8 run hes out. His stock will never be higher. 

But as far as a drop off I have no clue. If Dutch builds on this year with recruiting, things could be good. You guys have more

of a shot to continue to be good than reno did, but I still dont think suds is 4th best team in the country.

8 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

And you sound like a 12-year old butthurt little bitch who just had her lunch money taken.

Cry harder little girl. 

Don’t you love it when the insanely jealous rubes on this board of goat schools tries to find a way to denegrate the premier program in the MWC. 21-0. Who has ever done that? In CFB , 10 straight bowl games. Not Cal, usc, ucla or Stanford are even close to that. 5-2 vs PAC last four years. But I can just imagine how disappointing it must be to be looking up at the Aztecs from  Fresneck, Lost Veegas, etc. etc. 

6 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Seiko, Mitchell, Arop, Mensah, Shackel all there last year. 7 of your top 11 minutes players are returning players.

The transfers have made a huge impact, but none of them are lottery pick type impact players. I think there is a big fit in Dutch's system. 

Congrats on naming five of our returning players, clownfish. :rolleyes:

Now let's look at the numbers. There are 200 minutes of PT per game. New players on the Aztecs are accounting for 114.6 of those. So over 57% of the available minutes are taken by new players on the roster.

I could tell you at this point to just GTFO and stop embarrassing your fan base, but nah... 

Below are the players who have averaged over 10 minutes per game:

1. Malachi Flynn, 32 mpg

2. KJ Feagin, 28.5 mpg

3. Yanni Wetzell, 27.1 mpg

4. Jordan Shackel, 26 mpg

5. Matt Mitchell, 24.2 mpg

6. Nathan Mensah, 20.2 mpg

7. Trey Pulliam, 17.2 mpg

8. Adam Seiko, 12.4 mpg

Do I really have to point out that the three top players in terms of PT are all new to the roster? :blink:

Okay... now you can GTFO and stop embarrassing your fan base.