Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

San Diego State at UNLV

12 minutes ago, qwelish said:

I repeat. suds is a good team but NOT the 4th best team in the country.

You're correct. 

We're the #1 team in NET, the only metric that matters.

We're also #1 in ESPN's SOR (read: best tournament resume in the country), which if you had attended a better academic institution would have imparted upon you the nominal power of deduction to understand that in order to have the best tournament resume, you have to be one of the best teams in the country.

We're a #1 seed  (read: one of the best four teams in the country) according to ESPN. 

We're a #1 seed  (read: one of the best four teams in the country) according to CBS.

We're a #1 seed  (read: one of the best four teams in the country) according to Andy Katz.

#3 in CBS's Power Rankings. #3 in ESPN Power Rankings. #4 in Massey.

And all without our best offensive rebounder (AG) or our starting center and rim protector.

So, yeah, hater, by all objective and most subjective measures, we're one of the best teams in the country, no matter how many times you repeat it like a tard with Tourette's.

You, however, are a regionally-protected seed in the Jelly Haters Ball bracket tho, so congrats for that.  

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Rebs fought like hell. Still trying to find consistent shooting. Hardy doesn’t seem to be getting the concept of this TEAM ball stuff. Looks way too playground/AAU. Antonio without offense is a liability. EML coming back should help but maybe give Green more time.

Just now, PTR said:

Good game. TJ has the Rebs headed in the right direction. It came down to that 4-5 minute sequence where SDSU clamped down defensively. I actually think this SDSU team is well equipped to make a tourney run. Especially, with the lack of a dominant top 5-10 teams like in year's past.  

I don't think they gotta worry about the top 10-15 teams. (Baylor would be a problem. My #1 this year)  It's those 5-10 seeds coming in hot late in the season. The Illinois and Seton Halls of the CBB world.

Long time away though.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

3 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

You're correct. 

We're the #1 team in NET, the only metric that matters.

We're also #1 in ESPN's SOR (read: best tournament resume in the country), which if you had attended a better academic institution would have imparted upon you the nominal power of deduction to understand that in order to have the best tournament resume, you have to be one of the best teams in the country.

We're a #1 seed  (read: one of the best four teams in the country) according to ESPN. 

We're a #1 seed  (read: one of the best four teams in the country) according to CBS.

We're a #1 seed  (read: one of the best four teams in the country) according to Andy Katz.

#3 in CBS's Power Rankings. #3 in ESPN Power Rankings. #4 in Massey.

And all without our best offensive rebounder (AG) or our starting center and rim protector.

So, yeah, hater, by all objective and most subjective measures, we're one of the best teams in the country, no matter how many times you repeat it like a tard with Tourette's.

You, however, are a regionally-protected seed in the Jelly Haters Ball tourney though, so congrats for that.  

Oooof brody. Don't go 2019 Reno after all these mid season trophies.

1 minute ago, BestintheWest said:

I don't think they gotta worry about the top 10-15 teams. (Baylor would be a problem. My #1 this year)  It's those 5-10 seeds coming in hot late in the season. The Illinois and Seton Halls of the CBB world.

Long time away though.

Baylor seems to be a step above everybody else. Also, there will be some traditional high seeds that will be dangerous middle-low seeds this year.

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

Back sliding New Mexico next in the Pit. IMO it will be a bigger point spread win than today. 

UNM is a mess of a team with no identity.  There isn't a decent team they've beaten at home during this "streak." That Wetzel kid will probably go for 24 and 15 against us. 20 + point loss without Lyle and Jackson. 7-10 point loss with both of them. 

5 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

Oooof brody. Don't go 2019 Reno after all these mid season trophies.

They don't hang banners for being 21-0. I think this state of mind is shared by most of us, and is definitely shared by the team.

But clownfish's comment is just poor form. Give credit where credit's due, ffs. From Norlander's Friday article on the Aztecs:

"San Diego State's one of the pleasant surprises this season. They rank No. 1 in the NET and No. 1 in Strength of Record. In a year when it's all too common to hear about how nobody's great, we could come to accept and realize that these Aztecs are."

Link

1 minute ago, PTR said:

UNM is a mess of a team with no identity.  There isn't a decent team they've beaten at home during this "streak." That Wetzel kid will probably go for 24 and 15 against us. 20 + point loss without Lyle and Jackson. 7-10 point loss with both of them. 

I can see that happening

5 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

Long time away though.

That's always true in the tourney though. There's always a hyper athletic SEC team that underachieved during the season and catches fire in the tourney, or a Butler type team full of 23-year-old upperclassmen who have played together for 3 or 4 years. 

8 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

They don't hang banners for being 21-0. I think this state of mind is shared by most of us, and is definitely shared by the team.

But queerfish's comment is just poor form. Give credit where credit's due, ffs. From Norlander's Friday article on the Aztecs:

Link

True. 21-0 is tough no matter who. This team is poised for a solid run and say a S16 would be a helluva season. I think you guys do need a loss or 2 heading into March though. That is some other kind of pressure. Undefeated into Sweet 16 and a loss would be disappointing to some. Mostly because the roster is built for the now with so many seniors.

5 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

True. 21-0 is tough no matter who. This team is poised for a solid run and say a S16 would be a helluva season. I think you guys do need a loss or 2 heading into March though. That is some other kind of pressure. Undefeated into Sweet 16 and a loss would be disappointing to some. Mostly because the roster is built for the now with so many seniors.

Go undefeated and lose in the first round and the naysayers would come out of the woodwork. 

There were dumb f*cks in the Mack chanting "overrated". Embarrassing. 

SDSU just too good with too many answers. We gave it all we had. 

Good news is I think we're as good now as anyone else in the conference except the Aztecs. Might have some fun in the tournament. Who knows.

25 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

But queerfish's comment is just poor form. Give credit where credit's due, ffs. From Norlander's Friday article on the Aztecs:

Link

Reno probably would.

28 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

Yep - I can't help but agree. A loss isn't the end of the world, and despite this team's maturity, the pressure and sports psychology at play is no joke. And relieving a little pressure before the tourney starts might help them better play within their game.

If I had to pick a game to lose tho, it would be the MWCTCG, if for no other reason than any loss in the conference this year will be considered a "bad loss," and losing in the TCG likely wouldn't ding them as bad as losing during the regular season, and it gets an additional MWC team into the tournament. 

If we were to lose a regular season game tho, let it be the last one in Reno. I'll be at the last home game and want to see them off as undefeated.

That game pretty much played out as I thought it would. TJO definitely has you guys on the right track - here's to hoping you guys continue to improve like you have been since conference play began.