Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

San Diego State at UNLV

10 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

You know, I'm really tolerant...but this shyt is getting really old. You're making a fool out of yourself, and hijacking every thread. Any chance you can just give it a break and stick to basketball? You actually know something about that.

UNLV for the upset tomorrow.  They’re only a 7.5 point underdog.

Number one key is rebounding.  That is an area where San Diego State can be had.  We will need to rebound 75% if their misses and 33.3% of our misses.

The number two area is turnovers.  We can’t turn the ball over sixteen times like we normally do.  Twelve at the absolute most.

The number three area is three point shooting.  We will need at least ten threes.  We will also have to do a good job running San Diego State off the line.

40 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

UNLV for the upset tomorrow.  They’re only a 7.5 point underdog.

Number one key is rebounding.  That is an area where San Diego State can be had.  We will need to rebound 75% if their misses and 33.3% of our misses.

The number two area is turnovers.  We can’t turn the ball over sixteen times like we normally do.  Twelve at the absolute most.

The number three area is three point shooting.  We will need at least ten threes.  We will also have to do a good job running San Diego State off the line.

:cheers:

Good post.

(But I don't think we can upset the Aztecs, although I would like for you to be right.)

6 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

:cheers:

Good post.

(But I don't think we can upset the Aztecs, although I would like for you to be right.)

Anything is possible.  Arizona was a bigger favorite in 2014, and we still beat them.  Also, Otzelberger is winning conference games, which to me is the biggest barometer of coaching ability.  Lastly, we are at home.

4 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

You can not try and dig your grave and ask why I would put "ARE" in that manner in a regularly composed sentence.

Then maybe a fun tidbit, and an easter egg to a fun rivalry, could be explained to the crowd who are new to MWC basketball.

I already “no” why you did it. “Know” explanation required. 

3 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

I already “no” why you did it. “Know” explanation required. 

So you are either being antagonistic for KNOW reason, or you googled, figured it out and are just being stubborn.  Either way, you may have learned something about a fun series between your conference mates.  YOUR welcome.

When my boys were young, they would try to guess the name of the schools on the TV by their acronyms.  The first time they saw UNLV, they guessed "Unloved" and to this day, that's what they say when they see UNLV.

On 1/24/2020 at 3:56 PM, TheSanDiegan said:

I would have been more concerned had you guys won in Reno, making this a game for 1st place in the conference. 

But following the Reno Reality Check, I think we come out of our Vegas time share with our 21st W of the season. I expect a dogfight - you guys are athletic as all hell and gobble up offensive boards like hungry, hungry hippos. 

Idk if there's an early line out yet, but I expect it to be in the mid-single digits, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if the game is within two possessions when the buzzer sounds. 

On 1/24/2020 at 4:17 PM, toonkee said:

Maybe next year we can give you guys a run for your money.

Many have drunk the kool-aid already. But reasonable fans have, at best, cautious optimism for next season and the rest of this year.

You have to love TJOs fire and message, but he and his staff still have to beat some serious coaching and recruiting firepower in this conference.

I almost want UNLV to win this game.  Almost.

Nothing would crank this rivalry back to how it was like that happening.

+++++ that though, I hope our guys run UNLV out of the gym.

Dont get me wrong, suds should maul UNLV home or away. 

But if you look at suds record, they have a gaudy record with their best wins vs creighton and iowa. Two solid wins, but just reinforces what ive said about UNLVs schedule. You do not want to outschedule your team.  Schedule your team wins to get to the tournament and then build off the success of getting there. 

For suds the mwc was supposed to be the tough part of their schedule, but the mountain is at a historical worst right now. UNLV is a bad team by its own standards and still a middle of the road mtn worst squad. So suds might just pull a 1 seed by having a gaudy record vs a terrile SOS. They got slightly better and everyone including UNLV got slightly worse and boom #4.