Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

The Space Force!!!!!!!!

It looks like the Air Force Space Command logo was similar. So it looks like they took the Starfleet logo and mashed it up with Space Command, and like ECA said... it probably cost millions.

iwApFcr.png

So what will they be called?  Space Cadets is the best, but like Boaty McBoat Face, it will never get accepted.  How about Troopers?  United States Space Troopers!

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg

7 minutes ago, Naggsty Butler said:

So what will they be called?  Space Cadets is the best, but like Boaty McBoat Face, it will never get accepted.  How about Troopers?  United States Space Troopers!

Starship Troopers 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

10 hours ago, retrofade said:

Hmm... that looks familiar.

lZKO2oZ.png

Well, what did you expect? A bunch of rectangles, squares, and no blue, silver, grey or black colors?  
You just know the stupid atheists are going to claim there’s a Star of Bethlehem on there and sue (because mommy never loved me and she went to church). 😂

kat.jpg

21 hours ago, retrofade said:

It looks like the Air Force Space Command logo was similar. So it looks like they took the Starfleet logo and mashed it up with Space Command, and like ECA said... it probably cost millions.

iwApFcr.png

The space force logo is a combination of both the Space Command and NASA logos.  

BB539BF5-BC9D-45D4-8D28-22D60D6B0314.jpeg

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

The space force logo is a combination of both the Space Command and NASA logos.  

BB539BF5-BC9D-45D4-8D28-22D60D6B0314.jpeg

But the star of Bethlehem is new. He consulted with his religious right czar to get their feedback, and even Trump was smart enough to know that puting “Jesus” anywhere on the logo wasn’t going to fly, especially puting some clouds on there to represent heaven with a little waving Jesus just above that. Then he had a great idea.  “Why not include a nice gesture to our friends in Israel and include a Star of Bethlehem. Everybody loves Jesus, right?” Then one of his aides explained to him that the Star of David was what the Israeli’s like, not the Star of Bethlehem, but Trump Interrupted. “What do you think Melania? I think that Bethlehem star looks the most magnificent! We’ll go with that one”. So there you go. 

kat.jpg

Donald Trump. He bangs hookers and started a space army. 

Best.President.Ever.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

6DBPCGBb3JQ2GK5ERc6-IvvPSRur28jWmCxpDRTJ42wVwIIA7i-mtSN9HOksMveujCSy8naCf3F7pXxHfeFkhPdECAmy5oG_Uo9STBUzMunBcBmEOZxemz3mgY2hsjk5DYpUfZvMFCIXFywEBQKrSQ-gyHsAtNktRpdTxLed46FJympEI7rnVCZcPwINdaw2aiCbLBzvNKnqZ2AnXoy0WV7-m2FRQp4ysBej3C9nzPoRuI5fkOCBiDi7_uRRJ6bfObpWoy1fPPyZoNIhFx8OKZmwCtsWP3I2C51NHi87eWw1hD8t5GjVzyG85cpqwGW9owK1NK-jrR4vqKXUny4VONe4n4FnqzWfU6PyiePHJG5HNH9Vt7Ifs44eHZnIRhpNWpwh98kNRaTMANGzbTN3V3klPjpePy5hqVZ-bH2xETvlda4UL8a2d8hCBhP1aSPBJ5YIfkFi25mdGd_LQJEvMNzAX_xcJZZz6mwAEnqPYgyU26n7y3JBkKH5CiDX6hclSTv8FVYp6fULdORuI08wWQ7Yn3VGiV3RKhy9lIujlgKrJjUU6VOHT5gqtS5-dsqbrGNIwPeGyTT3RpgYJ5dsMA2ZKYzxQmOPkiHfDtb20wQk5wgcrA8W6vuTKbBQJgAIBfkBT9PoC7C1n-CIf5np9e3zeH0_y6sEij7MQrSaAbh9SePcDLabuJ8=w380-h261-no Jpn-ri3VQzjeANfa9C8zSG08uT5SGGswj4YxlVT90EeUb7L5PzLBJ2s4j2GLVfZlJ39aV6hBis6iHEcpRwvLMkbkNGRe5laV8IWoL35q0K3qOG8Hw7-6w4YGAqH3uZ9nvoM7O4Qkfa9CJdoQyb7UVxWgWJr97RG6YfK6xxan57PjHa6gtrejDzPEH8C864wbTKttC5gGoEamC8fUvKp5NKR7M2JHQiW6r4Y9OZ8_1V7c0lPA59K8ClHxbk7_UXjhOFI1YmAKZGpNHwcP1afoZzOOYviTK2ETRKWIkI0q_TvYHjI2pamJ12KOf94mJ5c9hW0W6D0bcBw8LReu0OfHpBE0EwYkxYIPV3zM5dg7dnuelEnG7iR5ZUPyjrK-L-ztD0nWAlnEeyx4l4uZevZcP8jJpInIQM63f_L2mBIYk9qBNPuFsycfj3vbw_MeeMC5q0QhOsvbGghvfaY4CGWbUWbKOtmDOWh5WjQ6okYksSoXzXmwJLzNLJynWi8EM71Qfk2EaOKGHkVuCIIRbCna299CaXxnPiNx6HhhRBe5PjXB4UoH45WuzA62IYUEut1x98Qxm-szXbyzJZhTV83oxWKs_IykXUy-_uf6M4tKdPQQUZP9X0tv5j3BKxIzUn_JqA9w9gfF4viM2iezyhRXsU8hxCVdVnBNcGCbSxc22AUsiw_XRP_LuKs=w300-h212-no 6j_nbkoB3XrSjh0KZQ-4oyBo10YeOhjAbnQJJ0liYBZJ7-WsHvZdMV2pJfz5KY-otEJur1xB1UX4MFYJlWObXLrrXYn7w0RoaQ0pr4EPVhuUvjocJUZWks2oifOMh6Ke5zHKxUiMvwYSEPp8zPxEVgEG1erZ6e7mYAncsLzK4MIMX0dk8K4PwLsyH_pV_BrhGUlyUXxYCcwsQ9J0_5yFWT2LUNPphq7Lim2YHM6XPnguZrBFSLjYGGiNJx96VE5pMkMPcG3-1QDyeenkDSIthblNtd6hS9qZqk8PyMNv9UgShM2SeHCd9YvYwXSzQWyxNO2twAGILsVh9AOtJoW5axxcU8wWEQmMuFHD9CCODGt62TrczZGQ64EdrMu2auJLDns3Cn5Yw3brfQ4GPXx5nCI7YNxHoI91CrJ_GVQd8uSjr1FOy4DcNTXXLCORqiJBwi4L_4d7EDVTV-bWksVhVFAb3KRt5_s853tli1rd0mKbYIlFDVzJtZC_9S4IjxOcpoQnqLPxTgjPstCm2vIBiur26saRKneVh4qZX3OwdMPFQUP2sAXV7Q-2CRXylwCth2OOsZ2G0tSYcuD7Dx8iLC9t0m_7yIvwfoqxwafaoiOWBVqYp3c1Uzh8lxIj1c18n7GXIUd-TYaGue2qcCtUrTtYoBsaDFnGTRBmi5DZtt67dCRQCDkmtzY=w150-h172-no

In the next few generations protecting freedom of navigation in LEO (low earth orbit) and eventually beyond is going to be just as important as protecting freedom if navigation in areas like the SCS is now.  Smart idea to get jump on it.  China has already shown multiple times they have complete disregard for what the rest of the world has agreed is acceptable behavior in LEO.  Them attempting to infringe on other nations flow of wealth from mining asteroids, the moon and other commercial ventures in space is something I would consider likely.  We are talking trillions annually potentially.

Investing in the sciences and research that are going to be needed to make us a real type 1 and some distant day a type 2 civilization will never be a bad thing, and this may facilitate that.  If you want to make an argument we could save money by expanding the role of the AFA I would listen that.  NASA should also have their funding increase a dozen times over.

@happycamper thoughts?

7 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

In the next few generations protecting freedom of navigation in LEO (low earth orbit) and eventually beyond is going to be just as important as protecting freedom if navigation in areas like the SCS is now.  Smart idea to get jump on it.  China has already shown multiple times they have complete disregard for what the rest of the world has agreed is acceptable behavior in LEO.  Them attempting to infringe on other nations flow of wealth from mining asteroids, the moon and other commercial ventures in space is something I would consider likely.  We are talking trillions annually potentially.

Investing in the sciences and research that are going to be needed to make us a real type 1 and some distant day a type 2 civilization will never be a bad thing, and this may facilitate that.  If you want to make an argument we could save money by expanding the role of the AFA I would listen that.  NASA should also have their funding increase a dozen times over.

@happycamper thoughts?

That was my argument when Trump originally announced all of this. I agree that we need to be furthering our mission in space, but creating a new branch of the military instead of just consolidating things under AFA doesn't make a lot of sense. This isn't about expanding our role in space for Trump, it's about legacy building in the name of his ego.