Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spaztecs

OT: NFL 2004 QB class finished ?

Eli Manning

Ben Roethlisberger

Phillip Rivers

Matt Schaub

P.J. Losman

Perhaps the second best class next to the 1983 draft ?

John Elway

Todd Blackledge

Dan Marino,

Tony Eason

Todd Blackledge

Ken O'Brien

Kim Kelly

all drafted in the 1st round.

Gary Kubiak drafted in the 8th round.

Discuss

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

4 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Eli Manning

Ben Roethlisberger

Phillip Rivers

Matt Schaub

P.J. Losman

Perhaps the second best class next to the 1983 draft ?

John Elway

Todd Blackledge

Dan Marino,

Tony Eason

Todd Blackledge

Ken O'Brien

Kim Kelly

all drafted in the 1st round.

Gary Kubiak drafted in the 8th round.

Discuss

You must be a huge Blackledge fan.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

10 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I think Rivers is done. He never moved to LA from SD, and now he's moving to the Florida Panhandle to be close to Ma & Pa in Alabama.

My call: the Dolphins sign him to mentor Tua for a year or two.

1 hour ago, Dimwhit said:

Nah, all indications are that we're going to bring Fitzmagic(tragic) back for one more year to bridge the gap. I'd honestly prefer not to draft a QB this year, but if they do, then I just hope they don't trade away all of the draft capital that we've stored up for the next two drafts. I think Rivers will end up heading to Tampa Bay if he stays in the league at all. The Bucs don't seem to be wedded to Jameis anymore, and are probably going to look to move on, and Rivers still has the arm strength to be able to pull off what Arians generally wants his QBs to do. Plus, he just relocated his family to Alabama, so I think he'll stick around somewhere in the SE.

8 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

If you’re talking about the 2004 QB class and including JP Losman (not PJ) how do you leave off the much more successful Luke McCown and perhaps even Jim Sorgi. 

BTW - Bradlee Van Pelt and Casey Bramlet were also drafted in 2004. 

None were drafted in the 1st rd or did a damn thing.  McCown more successful?  Only in terms on hanging on.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 hours ago, Dimwhit said:

I do t think he’d go there as a backup. It’s not like he needs the money. Being with his kids (he’s got 6 or so) is a big deal to him. He never moved to LA. He had himself shuttled back and forth in a van each day. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

I think Rivers will end up heading to Tampa Bay if he stays in the league at all. The Bucs don't seem to be wedded to Jameis anymore, and are probably going to look to move on, and Rivers still has the arm strength to be able to pull off what Arians generally wants his QBs to do.

If anyone could come close to matching Winston’s INT count, I’d be Rivers. Too bad, he was sneaky solid for such a long time, but man did he fall fast. I think he’s done. 

2 hours ago, retrofade said:

Nah, all indications are that we're going to bring Fitzmagic(tragic) back for one more year to bridge the gap. I'd honestly prefer not to draft a QB this year, but if they do, then I just hope they don't trade away all of the draft capital that we've stored up for the next two drafts. I think Rivers will end up heading to Tampa Bay if he stays in the league at all. The Bucs don't seem to be wedded to Jameis anymore, and are probably going to look to move on, and Rivers still has the arm strength to be able to pull off what Arians generally wants his QBs to do. Plus, he just relocated his family to Alabama, so I think he'll stick around somewhere in the SE.

This, if we can't get Burrow then don't draft a QB and instead focus on the trenches and the defense. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

6 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

This, if we can't get Burrow then don't draft a QB and instead focus on the trenches and the defense. 

I'm not even sold on Burrow to be honest... either way though, we have to rebuild the trenches and get a RB on top of whatever QB needs we might have. If Fitztragic shows up next year, then we can Lose for Lawrence. 

On 1/24/2020 at 7:00 AM, Old_SD_Dude said:

I do t think he’d go there as a backup. It’s not like he needs the money. Being with his kids (he’s got 6 or so) is a big deal to him. He never moved to LA. He had himself shuttled back and forth in a van each day. 

Rivers has 9 kids...so far. https://www.chargers.com/news/a-family-affair-a-look-at-philip-rivers-through-the-eyes-of-his-children

1 hour ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I knew it was a bunch. Lost track. 

At least their all with his wife, unlike Antonio Cromartie. Remember him, the former Charger DB. He has 14 kids with many different women. :rolleyes: 

https://theblast.com/c/antonio-cromartie-14-kids-child-support

14 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

1983 qb’s: 2 Super Bowl wins

2004: 4 Super Bowl wins

2000: 6 Super Bowl wins.

2000 draft class:

6: Chad Pennington, Giovanni Carmazzi, Chris Redman, Tee Martin, Marc Bulger and Spergon Wynn.

And Tom Brady. Pennington and Bulger had decent careers, but not Hof quality

1983 class. 3 Hof

2000  potential1 Hof

2004 potentially 3 hof

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

23 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

2000 draft class:

6: Chad Pennington, Giovanni Carmazzi, Chris Redman, Tee Martin, Marc Bulger and Spergon Wynn.

And Tom Brady. Pennington and Bulger had decent careers, but not Hof quality

1983 class. 3 Hof

2000  potential1 Hof

2004 potentially 3 hof

You got me. Just wanted to point out how awesome Tom Brady has been.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.