Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ridgeview2

Fresno State Football adds Michigan

Recommended Posts

Looks like Fresno State will be playing in Ann Arbor in 2024 against Michigan. We also added another game with USC in 2028 on top of our other scheduled meetings in 2022/2026. That means Fresno state will play the Trojans 4 times in 10 years with not a single return game and that really irks me. I give respect to Oregon State, at least they are willing to play ball in other people's backyards. Our 2022 schedule is set up nicely with home games against Sac State, Oregon State, then at USC, and at UConn. 

https://gobulldogs.com/news/2020/1/23/Fresno_State_football_adds_Michigan_USC_to_future_nonconference_games.aspx

Link to post
Share on other sites

It sucks but USC will never come to fresno or any cal state school for that matter, but I dont mind to much it's a nice excuse to head down to LA for the weekend and watch a game and maybe site see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sandiegopete said:

So, is that a home and home arrangement or is Fresno State just going for the payday?

Payday game, the only home and home series we have with a P5 program right now is Oregon State. I wouldn't mind making our game with Arizona State a home and home.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

That takes Fresno off the board for 'SC's 2021 opener

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SangerBulldog said:

It sucks but USC will never come to fresno or any cal state school for that matter, but I dont mind to much it's a nice excuse to head down to LA for the weekend and watch a game and maybe site see.

USC played at SDSU in 1991. It was the first game of a 2-4-1 and ended in a tie. USC pounded SDSU during the next meeting at the Coliseum and then won by just a FG the next year in L.A. With about five minutes left in the latter game with the ball at about their own 30, USC threw a swing "pass" that fell "incomplete." The replay pretty much confirmed it was a lateral which an SDSU player picked up and ran to the house. It was a botched call but there was no video reviews of officials' calls in the nineties so the call on the field that it was an incomplete pass stood. Despite their proximity the schools haven't played since and word once was USC refused to again even agree to a 2-4-1. Recently, the reason would be that SDSU refuses to schedule anything but home and homes with P12 schools. ridgeview2 is right to be pissed about four games in L.A. and none in Fresno and that doesn't say much for the financial stability of Bulldogs football.

Link to post
Share on other sites

USC played at SDSU in 1991. It was the first game of a 2-4-1 and ended in a tie. USC pounded SDSU during the next meeting at the Coliseum and then won by just a FG the next year in L.A. With about five minutes left in the latter game with the ball at about their own 30, USC threw a swing "pass" that fell "incomplete." The replay pretty much confirmed it was a lateral which an SDSU player picked up and ran to the house. It was a botched call but there was no video reviews of officials' calls in the nineties so the call on the field that it was an incomplete pass stood. Despite their proximity the schools haven't played since and word once was USC refused to again even agree to a 2-4-1. Recently, the reason would be that SDSU refuses to schedule anything but home and homes with P12 schools and unlike every other P12 school not named Oregon, USC won't agree to that. ridgeview2 is right to be pissed about four games in L.A. and none in Fresno and that doesn't say much for the financial stability of Bulldogs football.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

USC played at SDSU in 1991. It was the first game of a 2-4-1 and ended in a tie. USC pounded SDSU during the next meeting at the Coliseum and then won by just a FG the next year in L.A. With about five minutes left in the latter game with the ball at about their own 30, USC threw a swing "pass" that fell "incomplete." The replay pretty much confirmed it was a lateral which an SDSU player picked up and ran to the house. It was a botched call but there was no video reviews of officials' calls in the nineties so the call on the field that it was an incomplete pass stood. Despite their proximity the schools haven't played since and word once was USC refused to again even agree to a 2-4-1. Recently, the reason would be that SDSU refuses to schedule anything but home and homes with P12 schools. ridgeview2 is right to be pissed about four games in L.A. and none in Fresno and that doesn't say much for the financial stability of Bulldogs football.

I don't mind having a 1 and done or 2-0 series with USC, but Bartko whoring us out for a 3 game series with 0 return was ridiculous. I was hoping Tumey could fix it in a way that we can haggle at least one home game, but instead he just added another game to the Coliseum. *sigh*    

Link to post
Share on other sites

As many people as Fresno brings to the LA Coliseum, it’s pretty much a neutral site game. Boise State has played UCLA once in our first or second year in D-1. Since then none of the Cali PAC schools will schedule us. How does Fresno manage to schedule them? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

Looks like Fresno State will be playing in Ann Arbor in 2024 against Michigan. We also added another game with USC in 2028 on top of our other scheduled meetings in 2022/2026. That means Fresno state will play the Trojans 4 times in 10 years with not a single return game and that really irks me. I give respect to Oregon State, at least they are willing to play ball in other people's backyards. Our 2022 schedule is set up nicely with home games against Sac State, Oregon State, then at USC, and at UConn. 

https://gobulldogs.com/news/2020/1/23/Fresno_State_football_adds_Michigan_USC_to_future_nonconference_games.aspx

What would USC or Michigan gain by playing at Fresno State?  Oregon State is a loser program.  They played a buy game at Ohio State a few years ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

As many people as Fresno brings to the LA Coliseum, it’s pretty much a neutral site game. Boise State has played UCLA once in our first or second year in D-1. Since then none of the Cali PAC schools will schedule us. How does Fresno manage to schedule them? 

This exact reason. It's guaranteed to sell tickets because someone knows somebody playing on the other side. There are a lot of Bulldog and USC fans living in the Central Valley, so playing each other makes a lot of sense. We don't seem to have any difficulty scheduling USC/UCLA, but we can never get a game with Stanford or Cal. Cal would only schedule us for a neutral site game back in 2011 at the old Candlestick Stadium in San Francisco and supposedly a lot of strings were pulled to make that game happen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Done.

It's a shame you can't get one homie against SC or Michigan.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...