Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Official announcement

37 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

It will be like no other, lol..

36 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

Black exterior in that Vegas heat? Yikes. 

They said there is some kind of deflector or something in the black mirrors. But who knows.

2 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

“You look like a tight end!” Coach Gruden... what a flirt! :P

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

3 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

The worker guy says they'll bring the grass field in on Friday nights to get it acclimated.

Uhh....no.  Unless they coordinate home and away games with UNLV. 

5 hours ago, toonkee said:

The worker guy says they'll bring the grass field in on Friday nights to get it acclimated.

Uhh....no.  Unless they coordinate home and away games with UNLV. 

What is a UNLV?

Signed Marc Davis and Chuckie.

This is a move that is long overdue in the NFL. I'm no Raiders fan, but I do think that Vegas has been ready for a franchise for a very long time. Just look at the support for the Knights!

This is also coming at a time when dirt cheap Vegas flights spinning up and Fort Collins/Loveland (and possibly Cheyenne), which makes it even more likely that I can come watch the Pokes kick the s**t out of the Rebs in their shiny new stadium :Clapping:

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

18 hours ago, renoskier said:

Freaking Death Star...very appropriate.

GIF by ADWEEK

4 hours ago, WYO1016 said:

This is a move that is long overdue in the NFL. I'm no Raiders fan, but I do think that Vegas has been ready for a franchise for a very long time. Just look at the support for the Knights!

This is also coming at a time when dirt cheap Vegas flights spinning up and Fort Collins/Loveland (and possibly Cheyenne), which makes it even more likely that I can come watch the Pokes kick the s**t out of the Rebs in their shiny new stadium :Clapping:

Agreed about Vegas. I expected and would've preferred the Chargers, but it is what it is. The NFL will be good for the city and vice versa.

4 hours ago, Bob said:

Black stadium under the hot desert sun? 

People act like they don't know how reflective black glass works....People with black tinted windows must be boiling alive in their cars :rolleyes:

Not to mention, is football played in the Summer? Or in the most gorgeous months out of the year in Vegas where it's sunny and 70-80 degrees everyday?

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

Going to be hilarious when the stadium is 40% fans of the other team. 

20 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

They said the same things about Knights games.. 

NFL is an entirely different animal. Vegas is an easy destination for traveling sports fans. Regionally, Cowboy and Bronco fans will invade that stadium. Same thing for the Steeler, Bear, Packer, Eagle, and Raven fans to name a few. The home-field advantage will be negligible in many games with well traveling fan-bases. 

6 hours ago, calvegas04 said:

Majority of people in Vegas aren't even going to back the raiders 

5 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Well, they won't actually need a majority.  50 or 60K should cover it.

They are tons of people here with raiders license plates, stickers, flags etc. We going to be just fine regarding team support. Sure there will be a lot of visitors in the stadium but a lot of those will be Raiders fans as well lol.