Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ToTheMountains

Who should be the top candidate to replace Boise State in the MWC?

Who should be the top candidate to replace Boise State in the MWC?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the top candidate to replace Boise State in the MWC?

• MONTANA. (give the people what they want, a MONTANA vs WYO rivalry)
    • UTEP (they have a history in the MWC)
    • IDAHO (MWC needs to stay in the State of Idaho)
    • NMSU (conferences are always better when they have in-state rivalries)
    • NORTH TEXAS (that pond.....yowzers!)
    • RICE (they deliver the Houston market)
    • TEXAS STATE (supposedly the best party school in Texas)
    • OTHER (state below)

16 hours ago, HawaiiMongoose said:

If the criterion is academic prestige then the phone call goes to Rice.  If it's historical, institutional and geographic fit then the call goes to UTEP.  If it's recent athletic performance then the call goes to North Texas (two bowl bids, two 20-win basketball campaigns and a CBI title in the past three years).

UTSA technically ticks the market box since there are no other NFL or FBS schools in San Antonio, but they aren't the local attraction they were when they launched their football program.

My hypothetical vote would be for North Texas.

I can see the advantage of the Texas schools... That said, I really don't want any of them in the conference... At this point, I like that the MWC is a western conference, and in a lot of our states, the teams are the college program(s) to follow (WYO, UNR & UNLV, UNM, Hawaii) or have a good following and matter in their state (Fresno, SDSU, CSU, USU, Air Force)... excluding Boise (they can join BYU in the "my sh** doesn't stink" club in the corner as far as I'm concerned) and SJSU (ugh), we've got a great group of programs that make geographic sense as as a conference and matter in their state. Looking at the 8th best program in Texas just seems sad... Hard pass for me.

4 minutes ago, Rambouche said:

I can see the advantage of the Texas schools... That said, I really don't want any of them in the conference... At this point, I like that the MWC is a western conference, and in a lot of our states, the teams are the college program(s) to follow (WYO, UNR & UNLV, UNM, Hawaii) or have a good following and matter in their state (Fresno, SDSU, CSU, Air Force)... excluding Boise (they can join BYU in the "my sh** doesn't stink" club in the corner as far as I'm concerned) and SJSU (ugh), we've got a great group of programs that make geographic sense as as a conference and matter in their state. Looking at the 8th best program in Texas just seems sad... Hard pass for me.

No comment on your post. Just wanted to complement you on having the MWCBoard's coolest username. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

3 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

Ramdouche? Most appropriate, perhaps, but coolest?

It's creative. Give credit where credit is due. 

4 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

Well, we've now got Ramdouche to add to LolSpazz, Jimmer-Jammer, and Dog Wipes Butt On Rug (Scooter)...

I miss those guys. Makes me wonder what happened.

24 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

Well, we've now got Ramdouche to add to LolSpazz, Jimmer-Jammer, and Dog Wipes Butt On Rug (Scooter)...

46 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

It's creative. Give credit where credit is due. 

Thanks. Earning the moniker of Ramdouche makes me feel like a member of the MWCBoard community. I've read for years and rarely contributed. This is way more interesting. :)

1 hour ago, Wyovanian said:

I actually like the handle JimJam. Wasn’t that a Simpsons episode mocking Jar Jar Binks?

Kind of like Chad Sexington’s screen name was mocking the paper towel lumberjack 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

8 hours ago, SLCPoke said:

That’d be funny actually. 

And it might not be as far fetched as one might think, or would it?  So if Boise leaves how many of their fans stick around and continue to post on the MWC board, like some of the Borg fans did.  The power of this board to keep posters from deserting schools is amazing.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

8 minutes ago, Hoser said:

And it might not be as far fetched as one might think, or would it?  So if Boise leaves how many of their fans stick around and continue to post on the MWC board, like some of the Borg fans did.  The power of this board to keep posters from deserting schools is amazing.

Having to post on the AAC board is reason enough for Boise to stay in the MW

17 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

That board is terrible.  I could create an AACboard (again) but it failed to take off last time.  I’m a capitalist :shrug:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

16 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Nice find. I read the same article a couple of days ago.

Boise seems to have burned a lot of bridges with their musical conferences con game. I really can't see the AAC wanting them back.

I agree. I am not sure we should try to keep them either. Getting rid of Hair would solve half of our problems, 

10 minutes ago, mugtang said:

That board is terrible.  I could create an AACboard (again) but it failed to take off last time.  I’m a capitalist :shrug:

I remember that board Mug. Too bad it did not work out. I lurk on their board once or twice a week. They have far to many mods and far to many rules. Plus I can't get interested in the welfare of Tulsa.

16 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

The Flyboys play hockey in the Atlantic Hockey league. Three more hockey only members and you for yourself a league !

UNM has a pretty good club hockey team. But i don’t know that UNM would fund the jump to  full conference hockey team. They currently play in American Collegiate Hockey Association, div3.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

It's fun to be around during baseball season.  Just remind them they're not a power conference.

9 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

For a conference to survive it needs all members on equal footing. When one member has more power/privileges it makes for unhealthy relationships and hurts the stability of the conference.

This does not apply to Texas and the B12.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor