Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ToTheMountains

Who should be the top candidate to replace Boise State in the MWC?

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the top candidate to replace Boise State in the MWC?

• MONTANA. (give the people what they want, a MONTANA vs WYO rivalry)
    • UTEP (they have a history in the MWC)
    • IDAHO (MWC needs to stay in the State of Idaho)
    • NMSU (conferences are always better when they have in-state rivalries)
    • NORTH TEXAS (that pond.....yowzers!)
    • RICE (they deliver the Houston market)
    • TEXAS STATE (supposedly the best party school in Texas)
    • OTHER (state below)

7 minutes ago, ToTheMountains said:

Completely hypocritical here that BSU leaves the MWC for the AAC. Who would you want to replace them in the Mountain Division? Why?

You mean hypothetical?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Guest #1Stunner

(this is a hypothetical, assuming Boise and the MWC divorce each other).

1 minute ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

No one. Kick out SJSU and even it out. 

Careful what you wish for.  You're more than halfway to a hypothetical new football conference with Boise, SJSU, Hawaii, Cal Poly and UC Davis.

5 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Didn't see this until after I started a similar thread, with a poll.

@mugtang, might need to merge the two.

Done

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

14 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

No one. Kick out SJSU and even it out. 

You know, the B1G made it work when Penn State joined...

4 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Would Boise be invited to the Big West?

My main preference is that Boise stays here and that all parties can work something out.  The MWC and Boise are a good match.

But if they leave, I like their chances of returning to the Big West.  Boise's new president has ties to the UC system, their sports mix with baseball and beach volleyball aligns better now than it did in the 90s (even though they played football there, too) and the San Diego footprint is accounted for this time.  Plus, they open up the PNW for recruiting and provide some much needed representation from outside California.

Are they the perfect 12th member?  No, that's UNLV.  But Boise would be fine by me.

52 minutes ago, ToTheMountains said:

Completely hypocritical here that BSU leaves the MWC for the AAC. Who would you want to replace them in the Mountain Division? Why?

BSU will not depart but if they did I would go for Liberty because of their superior scholastics.

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, jdgaucho said:

My main preference is that Boise stays here and that all parties can work something out.  The MWC and Boise are a good match.

But if they leave, I like their chances of returning to the Big West.  Boise's new president has ties to the UC system, their sports mix with baseball and beach volleyball aligns better now than it did in the 90s (even though they played football there, too) and the San Diego footprint is accounted for this time.  Plus, they open up the PNW for recruiting and provide some much needed representation from outside California.

Are they the perfect 12th member?  No, that's UNLV.  But Boise would be fine by me.

Thanks for your insight.

You are a legend / expert on the Big West.

21 minutes ago, Anon5251042 said:

You know, the B1G made it work when Penn State joined...

I could easily be wrong but was that not before the B10 had a CCG?

7 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Thanks for your insight.

You are a legend / expert on the Big West.

I started a fan project in the summer of 2019 and discovered some fun facts about Boise during their Big West era.  Digging up old photos, newspaper clippings, etc. changed my attitude towards them as I had previously been anti-Boise earlier in the decade.

Again, I prefer they remain here.  Chaos in the west is the last thing we need.  But I would gladly accept Boise back if there's a fallout.