Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CsquaredCC

Boise State Has Filed Suit Against the MWC

In other news..The University of Nevada is suing the MW.  They are demanding that all men's basketball conference games have to be played in Reno.  Other schools are expected to seek the same thing for their basketball team.  It should all pass because Boise has established tremendous harmony in the MW

8 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Whatever Boise State tells them to float it in. :ph34r:

San Diego State has been among the strongest voices opposing a Boise State carve-out, and President Adela de la Torre is believed to have cast a dissenting vote against reversing the December decision that would have ended it.

SUDS wants you out.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

6 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Just wait, here soon we are gonna start seeing "Boise State didn't really file any document." and "It was never gonna go to court!", and blah blah blah. Notice how no one has any actual details? This wasn't supposed to leak tonight. You're not supposed to leak news if all you have is a headline. I think the reporters in San Diego get a kick out of making Hair look like a nimrod.

Quality investigative reporting.

And a lot of dirt digging.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Guest #1Stunner
45 minutes ago, BroncoOrange said:

LOL! I thought that was BYU's claim. Maybe @#1Stunner can confirm this?

You are a BYU alum!!!

Why you asking me about BYU!?!

Stop this charade!

P.S., BYU is the Boston College of the West.

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, RogueStout said:

Well, glad we are sticking around. I would not have been interested at all in the AAC. MWC is where we belong.

Side note - @Ibanez has some serious street cred. 

I'm going to go buy a new Ibanez guitar because of his street cred.  Seriously.

1 minute ago, RogueStout said:

Well, glad we are sticking around. I would not have been interested at all in the AAC. MWC is where we belong.

Boise and SDSU, while wonderful programs, just don't fit in the AAC with Temple, ECU, USF, UCF, etc.

the only MWC teams that could possibly would be the two Eastern most schools (CSU/AF) and even then it would be a stretch that ESPN would have to help along to make happen.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

Boise and SDSU, while wonderful programs, just don't fit in the AAC with Temple, ECU, USF, UCF, etc.

the only MWC teams that could possibly would be the two Eastern most schools (CSU/AF) and even then it would be a stretch that ESPN would have to help along to make happen.

In all seriousness, the AAC should add Liberty (most money / best facilities / conference footprint).

If not Liberty, then, Georgia State (best market)

18 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

This was not a compromise..Boise gave up nothing..

Boise won and won big..But what is the prize..?

I don't think the MW and Boise will ever have good relations again.  

I think there was a compromise, BSU gave up its claim to more than the $1.8M. 

Remember, in the filed complaint, BSU floated the idea to CT in the December meeting that BSU was entitled to a proportionate share in the media increase. In essence, BSU wanted more than $1.8M from this media contract; now BSU has backed down from that position and have agreed to the $1.8M that was specifically written into the amendment agreement.  To me, by asking for more $ than specifically called for in the the amendment agreement, BSU started us down this path.  I'm glad cooler heads prevailed for now, but in 6-years, this will become an issue again. 

11 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Agreed. At the end of the day, the MWC is our home. All this shit will get worked out over time.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, Wyobraska said:

No on Liberty, yes on App St

App State is dirt poor.

They are in freaking Appalachia, for heck's sake.

App State would be the SJSU of the AAC.

Just now, SDSU891 said:

I think there was a compromise, BSU gave up its claim to more than the $1.8M. 

Remember, in the filed complaint, BSU floated the idea to CT in the December meeting that BSU was entitled to a proportionate share in the media increase. In essence, BSU wanted more than $1.8M from this media contract; now BSU has backed down from that position and have agreed to the $1.8M that was specifically written into the amendment agreement.  To me, by asking for more $ than specifically called for in the the amendment agreement, BSU started us down this path.  I'm glad cooler heads prevailed for now, but in 6-years, this will become an issue again. 

They also lost any leverage they would have potentially had in the future too. And I agree, in 6 years, the shit is going to hit the fan in some fashion or another. 

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Agreed. At the end of the day, the MWC is our home. All this shit will get worked out over time.

Wyoming was outraged by the outcome.

Hope you all like Urine Bombs and heated pennies!!

The $1.8M perpetual deal "ain't over".  (Using Hair's language).

Just now, Joe from WY said:

They also lost any leverage they would have potentially had in the future too. And I agree, in 6 years, the shit is going to hit the fan in some fashion or another. 

So Joe, all trolling aside, I honestly believe things are going to smooth out over the next 6 years. This whole thing could and should have been avoided with behind doors negotiations. 

I believe the $1.8M bonus will go away with mutual agreement between the parties. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg