Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CsquaredCC

Boise State Has Filed Suit Against the MWC

Just now, nvspuds said:

Boise State has one vote out of 12.  You may not have approved or voted for the deal but a majority of the schools did.  What you are asking for is veto power.  You may well get it through negotiation or litigation.  I think it will damage the conference to give that much power to one school but we may well see it happen. 

The original contract states Boise State must approve any contract the MWC negotiates for Boise States home games.  Read the contract, then read the complaint.  It will become very clear.  It has nothing to do with "veto power". Boise State DID NOT approve this contract.  Craig Thompson over stepped on this and Boise filed the complaint.

2 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

Been pointing that out for years. The byu* socio-political baggage that pretty much keeps them out of football conferences.

3 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

but, but, but...they all said our deal was terrible. SO terrible it chased off UConn...I think I'll enjoy a little schadenfreude with this :-) 

Now that you two have found one another, might I suggest Beale Street for your rendezvous.  It will be a much more tolerant environment for the two of you than Laramie.

Just now, Wolverine said:

Now that you two have found one another, might I suggest Beale Street for your rendezvous.  It will be a much more tolerant environment for the two of you than Laramie.

Based on your own turd burgling experience?

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

Just now, BSUFan said:

The original contract states Boise State must approve any contract the MWC negotiates for Boise States home games.  Read the contract, then read the complaint.  It will become very clear.  It has nothing to do with "veto power". Boise State DID NOT approve this contract.  Craig Thompson over stepped on this and Boise filed the complaint.

Like I said, you will likely win in a lawsuit..Very good for Boise, not great for everybody else.

7 minutes ago, Wolverine said:

y'all need Morgan and Morgan...

mem skyline sig.jpeg

Just now, nvspuds said:

Like I said, you will likely win in a lawsuit..Very good for Boise, not great for everybody else.

I think this was mishandled on both sides. I think Thompson tried to bully Dr. Tromp and found she was a bit tougher than he anticipated.  I do understand how the other schools feel, just as I understand how the other schools in the big 12 feel about the Longhorn Network.  Boise is no Texas but there are similarities in the conference dynamics.  Boise does bring additional value to the MWC that the conference would not enjoy if Boise had not returned and was not a member of the MWC.  Fact is, New Mexico nor San Jose state are not going to drive television dollars to the conference.

17 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Because we’re not talking about nationally syndicated FOX, we’re talking about FS-1. 

ESPN or ESPN2 is a far better option.  

Well they weren’t offering as much.  So the rest of the conference should suffer and get less money so you guys can still be on ESPN?  GTFO with that nonsense. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

What an educated response.  

The response adequately addressed the initial comment. 

And anyone following this site for any length of time knows you live in Chicago. You mention it often enough. Congrats on inhabiting the same city as 2.7 million other people.

You make the assumption that Thompson does everything on his own.  The deal was negotiated by presidents on the negotiating committee.  Your beef is with them . Boise is not suing the MW or Thompson.  They are suing the 11 other members of the conference.  You will likely win your case and lose any goodwill from the other schools..

18 minutes ago, BSUFan said:

So BSU wants to be on ESPN.  So everybody else should be punished financially for this.  Instead of what’s best for the conference it’s what’s best for BSU.  Your university is nearly doubling its TV revenue and it’s not happy about it.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, mugtang said:

So BSU wants to be on ESPN.  So everybody else should be punished financially for this.  Instead of what’s best for the conference it’s what’s best for BSU.  Your university is nearly doubling its TV revenue and it’s not happy about it.  

this was our argument with UConn...and they did kinda have a 'special deal' too because UConn, Cincy, and USF got a way bigger chunk of the 100 million left behind from the BE members.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

43 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

and again, all your commish had to say is 'we'll reevaluate the MWC's deal with Boise in 4-5 years when renegotiation conversations begin...you know, a lot can happen in 4-5 years'

leave it at that and deal with it quietly behind the scenes.

now you have AF asking if the MWC is really the right 'fit' for them along with Boise suing the MWC...fun times for ole Hair.

As much as I like to disagree with you, you’re spot on with this.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

5 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I don't think it is ESPN, Apsey has been on record stating that the Fox deal was better for Boise and the conference than what ESPN was offering.  I think there could be alot of upside for both Boise and the other schools by being on both Fox broadcast and CBS broadcast.  I believe the issue is with the Board of Directors (presidents), Thompson and Dean Jordan being deceptive and blindsided Boise State with their December vote.  There was no open discussion to try to reach any mutual agreement but rather a railroad job by the other schools to try to end the contract that was originally signed by the MWC.