Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CsquaredCC

Boise State Has Filed Suit Against the MWC

The MWC voted 11-1 to end the Boise deal.  ELEVEN TO ONE.  It was 11 presidents of institutions that consider themselves a notch above Boise State against Tromp.

Tromp won, and they had to sheepishly walk back their votes.

Do not act like this was a both sides won and much ado about nothing.

Boise, one single school, over rode every single other school and publicly humiliated them in the process. 

8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Aaaaaaaaaand it's gone.

That MWC unity sure was fun while it lasted.

Yep. I almost responded to him with the “Don’t let the door hit ya” bullshit. LMAO

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The MWC voted 11-1 to end the Boise deal.  ELEVEN TO ONE.  It was 11 presidents of institutions that consider themselves a notch above Boise State against Tromp.

Tromp won, and they had to sheepishly walk back their votes.

Do not act like this was a both sides won and much ado about nothing.

Boise, one single school, over rode every single other school and publicly humiliated them in the process. 

I don't have much detail regarding the resolution if it is truly resolved.  Is BSU to receive more money in perpetuity or is the $1.8 Million just ceded through 2026?  On another note, I'm not sure if I'd be doing a victory lap about earning the enmity of every other school in the conference.  

25 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

I don't have much detail regarding the resolution if it is truly resolved.  Is BSU to receive more money in perpetuity or is the $1.8 Million just ceded through 2026?  On another note, I'm not sure if I'd be doing a victory lap about earning the enmity of every other school in the conference.  

Details are still vague but as I understand it, the 1.8 is set for now and then there is a performance incentive available to all schools after that.

This actually went down exactly as I thought it would. It’s obvious that Boise State called the bluff of the conference and got information as to what they could get on the free market and what the Fox/CBSSN money would be without Boise State and it wasn’t good. The number was so bad in fact that it led to an 11-1 vote.

I predict this will be the last contract with the 1.8M. In an act of unity, I believe Boise State will agree to do away with it but will continue with the separate tv negotiation in perpetuity. Both sides benefit. 

6 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

AAC will probably Georgia State, I agree.

AAC loves Sun Belt and CUSA schools.

Georgia State just got a lot more leverage as a result of this. The AAC might have to give in to GSU’s demands. 

8 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/aztecs/story/2020-02-06/sdsu-aztecs-boise-state-broncos-mountain-west-tv-contract-vote-football-bonus

"The Mountain West Board of Directors has quietly voted to rescind a decision that would end Boise State’s additional slice of revenue from the conference’s TV contract, several sources told the Union-Tribune.

In exchange, Boise State will drop a legal complaint filed last month against the conference and agree to terms of the new TV contract that begins this summer."

This was all so unnecessary.

If presidents want to negotiate an end to the deal, actually negotiate it, don't surprise Boise with a vote while trying to ratify a new media contract.

bow down madam satan GIF by Tiffany

45 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Details are still vague but as I understand it, the 1.8 is set for now and then there is a performance incentive available to all schools after that.

This actually went down exactly as I thought it would. It’s obvious that Boise State called the bluff of the conference and got information as to what they could get on the free market and what the Fox/CBSSN money would be without Boise State and it wasn’t good. The number was so bad in fact that it led to an 11-1 vote.

I predict this will be the last contract with the 1.8M. In an act of unity, I believe Boise State will agree to do away with it but will continue with the separate tv negotiation in perpetuity. Both sides benefit. 

I will be very interested to see what the exact terms are because paying the $1.8 through the current contract term doesn't seem much different than what everyone said should happen.  Do you think the resolution includes an extension beyond 6 years?

2 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

I will be very interested to see what the exact terms are because paying the $1.8 through the current contract term doesn't seem much different than what everyone said should happen.  Do you think the resolution includes an extension beyond 6 years?

From what I understand, yes. 

That said, and I’m only speculating here, but I believe the 1.8M bonus is the easiest item to phase out in the future for unity and good will compromise. Over time, the 1.8M is going to lose its value anyway. The more important issue is the separate tv negotiation and I believe Boise State will fight tooth and nail to maintain it as long as they’re in the MWC. 

6 hours ago, Headbutt said:

I'm confused I think.  Boise and the MWC  just agreed to honor the terms of the existing contract and we're all celebrating?   Boise is calling it a win and all the other schools are calling it a win, when nobody won anything?  Cool story.

One hundred and sixty some pages of much ado about nothing, and let's all celebrate?

Boise keeps the extra $1.8 million, and the MWC keeps Boise.  Wasn't that the deal Boise was bitching about?

What doesn’t change, however, is the basic dispute. Boise State will continue to receive $1.8 million per year in addition to what everyone else in the conference gets through 2025-26. And the rest of the conference will continue to fight for equitable distribution after that.

I’m not seeing what really changes here. If Boise fans don’t think the league isn’t going to take another run at ending their subsidy in six years, well, bless their hearts.

7 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

Does this mean Boise gives its official approval of the new tv deal or is that still a point of contention ?

They will give their official approval 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, 307dude said:

I’m not seeing what really changes here. If Boise fans don’t think the league isn’t going to take another run at ending their subsidy in six years, well, bless their hearts.

That's the thing.  No one made any progress and everyone looks like shit.  BSU for appearing selfish and the MWC for appearing inept.  One thing seems certain though - the MWC presidents are probably not going to be doing any favors for BSU and vice versa.  The only winner here is @mugtang , who is swimming in a pool of cash like scrooge mcduck.

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Sure sure sure.  We own you.  We drug our balls all over Wyoming, in particular.  You are our bitch, for all time. FOR ALL TIME.  Your worthless, racist school is nothing.  You bring 0 value.  None. ZERO.  You are a leach.  Accept your welfare from Boise and move on.  You are like a meth a whore who gets their $600 and food stamps a month from the government because they can not add value to the work place and then complains about the middle class who support you with their taxes.

Let's be clear.  Boise shit all over this conference, specifically Wyoming.

Damn dude, aren't you a moderator?  You sound like BadSkillHumping.

10 minutes ago, 307dude said:

And if the Wyo fans don’t think the end result will be the same, please allow me provide a preview of what your president’s reaction will be shortly after he/she tries to cross Boise State again:

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

That's the thing.  No one made any progress and everyone looks like shit.  BSU for appearing selfish and the MWC for appearing inept.  One thing seems certain though - the MWC presidents are probably not going to be doing any favors for BSU and vice versa.  The only winner here is @mugtang , who is swimming in a pool of cash like scrooge mcduck.

Unfortunately I’m not 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

10 minutes ago, 307dude said:

After six years, I think it will come down to the performance on the field of the other conference members.

The teams not named Boise need to make their case that they individually are just as valuable as the Broncos. With agreeing to an extra $1.8 million or so, they are agreeing that they're not as valuable.