Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CsquaredCC

Boise State Has Filed Suit Against the MWC

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

Don't forget punitive damages and slander.

Boise is a jealous lover.   

I can see them going all out, and really trying to make Wyoming / Air Force (the two that voted against them) open their wallets.  Remember when Hair slandered the "Blue Turf", and called it tacky?  What has Hair thinking...

That was the beginning of the end for the MWC.  The end is near.  Without Boise this is the MAC.

Guest #1Stunner

Wow.

This has a "personal" feel about it.

Cowboy on Cowboy violence.

Boise President Marlene Tromp is a proud Wyoming native (Green River'ite), a Wyoming Cowboys fan / alum ( @OrediggerPoke ), and got her PHD at the university of Florida  ( @Joe from WY  )

Wyoming was one of the 2 schools to vote to immediately end the Boise payout, and Tromp responded with filing a lawsuit 2 weeks later.

Had no idea about Tromp's "Cowboy Roots"...no wonder she hasn't backed down...

Marlene Tromp

Marlene Tromp is an American academic administrator who has served as the president of Boise State University since July 1, 2019. Prior to assuming the role, Tromp served as provost and executive vice chancellor at University of California, Santa Cruz and dean the Arizona State University New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences.[1] Succeeding Bob Kustra, Tromp became the first female president of Boise State.[2]

Early life and education[edit]

Tromp was born and raised in Green River, Wyoming. A first-generation college student, Tromp initially aspired to become a medical doctor. Tromp earned a scholarship and worked several part-time jobs to attend Creighton University. Discovering a passion for English and poetry, Tromp earned a B.A. from Creighton and returned to Wyoming to attend the University of Wyoming, where she earned a Master's degree in English. Tromp then earned a PhD in English from the University of Florida.[3]

maxresdefault.jpg

On 2/1/2020 at 11:45 AM, akbballfan said:

I think Boise should get an even split with everybody else or leave. I think they still are the best football program in the conference but they are on decline. I think mwc would be fine without them. I would say SDSU has a better sports program overall.  I think UNLV will improve greatly. Fresno has a good football program as does UNR. Would be great to keep Boise but not at an inflated rate. 

Did you pull this out of your ass? Traditionally Boise State has led the MWC in the Learfield Cup standings for all college sports. Last year, the top two MWC programs were AF at #63 and Boise State at #65. SDSU was at the bottom of the list at #112. 

https://nacda.com/documents/2019/6/5//June6DIoverall.pdf?id=3659

6 hours ago, 71Falcons said:

Boise has burned the bridge with the MWC and the AAC.  The sweetheart deal will be gone as even if a judge sided with Boise, the schools in the MWC will eventually kick them to the curb.  Personally I could see Boise / AF to the AAC for football and Colo St all sports 

24 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Wow.

Boise President Marlene Tromp is a proud Wyoming native (Green River'ite), a Wyoming Cowboys fan / alum ( @OrediggerPoke ), and got her PHD at the university of Florida  ( @Joe from WY  )

Wyoming was one of the 2 schools to vote to immediately end the Boise payout, and Tromp responded with filing a lawsuit 2 weeks later.

Marlene Tromp

Marlene Tromp is an American academic administrator who has served as the president of Boise State University since July 1, 2019. Prior to assuming the role, Tromp served as provost and executive vice chancellor at University of California, Santa Cruz and dean the Arizona State University New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences.[1] Succeeding Bob Kustra, Tromp became the first female president of Boise State.[2]

Tromp was born and raised in Green River, Wyoming. A first-generation college student, Tromp initially aspired to become a medical doctor. Tromp earned a scholarship and worked several part-time jobs to attend Creighton University. Discovering a passion for English and poetry, Tromp earned a B.A. from Creighton and returned to Wyoming to attend the University of Wyoming, where she earned a Master's degree in English. Tromp then earned a PhD in English from the University of Florida.[3]

maxresdefault.jpg

She was arguably the top female athlete in the state as well.  3 sport letter winner, multiple years, multiple state championships, captain of multiple teams.

12 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Did you pull this out of your ass? Traditionally Boise State has led the MWC in the Learfield Cup standings for all college sports. Last year, the top two MWC programs were AF at #63 and Boise State at #65. SDSU was at the bottom of the list at #112. 

https://nacda.com/documents/2019/6/5//June6DIoverall.pdf?id=3659

I think by "better all around sports program" he meant better at Mens basketball.  Boise is better in football, women's basketball, softball, volleyball and minor sports like women's distance running and baseball.

16 minutes ago, 71Falcons said:

Hold the phone.  It appears we have a legit AF fan sighting!!

Are we supposed to report this or something?

Welcome 71Falcons.  Please stick around, there are way too few Falcons on this board.

1 hour ago, BobbyBoSox said:

They told BSU they way it was going to be. Hence...

Hair definitely has his own way of doing things.

They have ALWAYS told Boise State the way it was going to be...

Is it any surprise that King Kong has realized his strength and is peeling open his cage like a sardine can?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfvbm9Wf5RE

7 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

GYM Sizes:

BW:

Cal Poly 3032

Fullerton 4000

Northridge 2400

Hawaii 10,300

Long Beach 5000

Davis 7600

Irvine 5000

Riverside 3200

UCSB 5600

WCC:

BYU 19,000

Pacific 6150

Gonzaga 6000

LMU 4100

Portland 4850

Saint Marys 3500

San Diego 5100

San Francisco 5300

Santa Clara 4500

Pepperdine 3400

MWC:

Boise 12,500

CSU 8800

Fresno 15,500

Nevada 11,500

New Mexico 15,400

SDSU 12,400

SJSU 5000

UNLV 18,800

Utah State 10,300

Wyoming 15,000

UCSD: 4,000 but expandable to 4,500.  The RIMAC center had a major renovation done in 2018.

https://ucsdtritons.com/news/2010/8/8/220881.aspx

CSUB:  3,500.  The Birds occasionally played off campus at Mechanics Bank Arena (formerly Rabobank Arena, capacity 8,500) before reverting full time to hosting on-campus.

Boise State led the BW in average attendance in either '98 or '99.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

This goes two ways.  Boise wins in court, or the MWC settles.  If it goes to court, it will be ugly.  T.V. contracts will be torn up, pissed media partners, Fox probably will decline to bid.  Boise wins damages (20 mil? 25 mil?) and joins the AAC.  MWC settles and agrees the Boise bonus goes up in proportion the increased conference revenue.  Tromp about to flex nuts all over ya.

It will be ugly regardless of the outcome.  The MWC settles, you'll see infighting amongst the other members.  Boise wins in court, someone will attempt to sneak into your stadium and replace The Blue with green grass.

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Wow.

Marlene Tromp

Tromp was born and raised in Green River, Wyoming. A first-generation college student, Tromp initially aspired to become a medical doctor. Tromp earned a scholarship and worked several part-time jobs to attend Creighton University. Discovering a passion for English and poetry, Tromp earned a B.A. from Creighton and returned to Wyoming to attend the University of Wyoming, where she earned a Master's degree in English. Tromp then earned a PhD in English from the University of Florida.[3]maxresdefault.jpg

The only time I ever deal with the English Department people is when they come out of their building to scream at me for smoking in the cactus garden, so I'll tell you the same thing I tell them every time:

"I'm sorry, I don't speak English."

Then I finish my cigarette and leave. 

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I think by "better all around sports program" he meant better at Mens basketball.  Boise is better in football, women's basketball, softball, volleyball and minor sports like women's distance running and baseball.

Since Boise has been in the conference, SDSU has won 41 championships to Boise's 27.

SDSU doesn't score well in Learfield because SDSU has fewer sponsored sports (no men's cross country or men's indoor and outdoor track and field, etc) due to the Cal-NOW settlement.

13 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

It will be ugly regardless of the outcome.  The MWC settles, you'll see infighting amongst the other members.  Boise wins in court, someone will attempt to sneak into your stadium and replace The Blue with green grass.

Does the Idaho Potato Bowl stay with Boise State? Or is it part of the Maction Bowl Agreement?

nQJHPjX.jpg

10 hours ago, Koji Vu said:

Boise is a one-sport university compared to SDSU. Here's their revenue numbers.

image.png.7ef9555c24e8acac821651d2a092a3ab.png

Like I've said before- Boise State is a football program with a school attached to it, not a university with a football program. The tail wags the dog in the Treasure Valley.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

19 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

Like I've said before- Boise State is a football program with a school attached to it, not a university with a football program. The tail wags the dog in the Treasure Valley.

Lot of schools like that.

Big and small.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 minutes ago, RSF said:

Lot of schools like that.

Big and small.

There are schools with the symptoms, but a full blown case of TWG is fairly rare. One of the best examples is our own conference mate- UNLV. For twenty years that school got thrown around because of an appendage off its azz. The recovery is long, painful, brutal, and the collateral is wider than most people are aware of at first.

Twenty to twenty-five years is about the average life of such situations.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

42 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

There are schools with the symptoms, but a full blown case of TWG is fairly rare. One of the best examples is our own conference mate- UNLV. For twenty years that school got thrown around because of an appendage off its azz. The recovery is long, painful, brutal, and the collateral is wider than most people are aware of at first.

Twenty to twenty-five years is about the average life of such situations.

Hallelujah!!! We are cured!!

baby praise GIF

3 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

Hallelujah!!! We are cured!!

baby praise GIF

Anyone ever attend a revival and healing meeting? It’s scary to watch much less participate. Some friends and I did it on a dare when we were about eleven. We sat in the back for about five minutes and got the hell out of there. Frickin people are crazy.