CsquaredCC

Boise State Has Filed Suit Against the MWC

9 minutes ago, pesik said:

almost everyone in the aac has spent more time in the aac than they did in c-usa ..i dont get your "long ties" comment..smu spends 80years in the swc and 6 in c-usa and now they are defining them by c-usa (an example)

Technically, that bolded part of your statement is false (for now) as Cincinnati and USF competed from 2005-2013 in the Big East.  The AAC wasn't created until July 2013.

UCF: 8 years in C-USA, completing year 7 in AAC

USF: 10 years in C-USA, year 7 in AAC

Cincinnati: 10 years in C-USA, year 7 in AAC.

East Carolina: 13 years in C-USA, year 6 in AAC.

Houston: 17 years in C-USA, year 6 in AAC

Memphis: 17 years in C-USA, year 7 in AAC

SMU: 8 years in C-USA, year 7 in AAC

Tulane: 19 years in C-USA, year 6 in AAC.

Tulsa: 9 years in C-USA, year 6 in AAC.

Nice try though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

I'm not sure why Montana is consistently being thrown into the conversation with NDSU.  NDSU has a bigger budget (by quite a bit), has a bigger brand and has had more consistent athletic success in the money sports over the past 10 years IMO.  We don't have new numbers that I am aware of, but  NDSU's athletic budget is likely at or near Nevada, SJSU and Utah State.  I would tend to believe that an FCS team with an athletic budget closer to a G5 average than an FCS average would certainly have some interest in moving up (money potential would dictate that from any business sense).

For 2017, total athletic budgets:

NDSU: $28 million

Montana: $21 million

FCS Average: $15 million.

http://cafidatabase.knightcommission.org/fcs  - - Source

It's because the State of Montana and its citizens have talked trash that they are "the greatest Cowboys, and have the best mountains in the Country".  Both States sell a ton of Wrangler Jeans...  Both States claim they love cold weather...

Almost like the State of Montana has been calling the State of Wyoming out.

A Wyoming vs Montana rivalry would be a huge national story.  Football game would be huge.

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

I used to have this belief until I watched Colorado School of Mines go from perennial athletic doormat to perennial athletic power once investment into athletic programs, facilities and recruitment was made.  

Here is the question though.  Does Rice want to do that?  So far, they have not shown that commitment and I personally don't want to hear any promises about it. Look at SJSU and the promises they made.   

Just now, Wyobraska said:

Here is the question though.  Does Rice want to do that?  So far, they have not shown that commitment and I personally don't want to hear any promises about it. Look at SJSU and the promises they made.   

No.  I would not take Rice at this point at all.  But after what Colorado Mines did, I do think that the top academic institutions can be successful in athletics if they choose to focus on them.

11 minutes ago, RSF said:

Doubtful.  Rice likes being small.  Fancies themselves the Ivy-like.  Probably not wrong.  And their HUGE endowment allows them to bring in the best students.

?

Would be amazing if Rice joined the WCC (similar travel as CUSA for them).  Not sure if the could keep football only in CUSA.

They are too good for CUSA academics.

Just now, OrediggerPoke said:

No.  I would not take Rice at this point at all.  But after what Colorado Mines did, I do think that the top academic institutions can be successful in athletics if they choose to focus on them.

They absolutely can.  Look at Stanford as well when they decided to get serious about football again.  I just don't think Rice values football and basketball enough at this time. 

23 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Why are you so ashamed of the AAC's Conference USA roots?

Membership timeline[edit]

849d3912c07e7a94743b6cd42c2e444f.png

Full members (all-sports) Full members (non-football) Affiliate members (football-only) Affiliate member (other sport)Other Conference Other Conference

C

i guess we all started playing in 1997 is you point?.

also: me: almost everyone has spent more time the AAC than than c-usa at this point, its not some long stored history

you: posts a chart that shows that majority of the aac has spent more time the AAC than than c-usa at this point

not sure your point ..not sure where you are getting at 

8 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Technically, that bolded part of your statement is false (for now) as Cincinnati and USF competed from 2005-2013 in the Big East.  The AAC wasn't created until July 2013.

Nice try though.

your numbers are badly incorrect 

1 minute ago, OrediggerPoke said:

BYU played the Colorado School of Mines in basketball a few years ago.

The BYUtv guys were fawning over how smart the Mines Basketball players are, all game.  The Mines coach was all class....  Seemed like a great program.

Almost thought BYU wanted to recruit them to the WCC (not sure if they are a private school).

6 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Nice try though.

Technically accurate, but many of those schools only stopped over in C-USA having built programs as independents or in other conferences. ECU, Tulsa, Cincinnati, Navy, Tulane, Memphis, and for a short time Houston were independents. Houston, SMU, Tulane had time in traditional power conferences with SWC and SEC. Temple was a member of the Big East.

It's really a hodgepodge when you consider how little time UCF and USF have spent as FBS. Most of those schools had stop overs in CUSA. Cincy and USF moving from it to the Big East for 7 years before the AAC was formed.

It is what it is though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pesik said:

i guess we all started playing in 1997 is you point?.

also: me: almost everyone has spent more time the AAC than than c-usa at this point, its not some long stored history

you: posts a chart that shows that majority of the aac has spent more time the AAC than than c-usa at this point

not sure your point ..not sure where you are getting at 

Show pride in the new AAC = old CUSA.

CUSA is your roots!!

ESPN+ should run a documentary on the AAC ties to CUSA.

4 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

They absolutely can.  Look at Stanford as well when they decided to get serious about football again.  I just don't think Rice values football and basketball enough at this time. 

Stanford has a 500 MILLION DOLLAR endowment just for sports, and a yearly P5 revenue check.  And still is hit or miss in football.  Rice has neither.  Fact is a school THAT small is never going to be competitive more than occasionally.  Give them credit for recognizing that.

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

CUSA is your roots!!

What school is SCLSU?

5 minutes ago, RSF said:

Stanford has a 500 MILLION DOLLAR endowment just for sports, and a yearly P5 revenue check.  And still is hit or miss in football.  Rice has neither.  Fact is a school THAT small is never going to be competitive more than occasionally.  Give them credit for recognizing that.

I'm not dumping on Rice.  They aren't a MW type school is all.  I do question at times why they even play football.  I know it used to make more sense for them, but now I would question it more.  

7 minutes ago, Maccoog said:

What school is SCLSU?

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Just now, Wyobraska said:

I'm not dumping on Rice.  They aren't a MW type school is all.  I do question at times why they even play football.  I know it used to make more sense for them, but now I would question it more.  

Because its Texas.  And they do have a decent legacy.

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

SCLSU Mud Dogs

I'm asking what the letters stand for.

4 minutes ago, Maccoog said:

I'm asking what the letters stand for.

5504378_0.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

CUSA is your roots!!

Old CUSA was superior to the Old MWC.

Mike Slive ate Craig Thompson’s lunch from Day 1.

If that league would have stayed together on ESPN, I’d be down with that. Once Slive left for the SEC, all the best teams were going to leave too, and they did.

" AAC is CUSA 2.0. "

People making this statement is precisely why the AAC will not add a CUSA school.