Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CsquaredCC

Boise State Has Filed Suit Against the MWC

1 minute ago, BroncoOrange said:

Who side are you on anyway?

Team America 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

14 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

If Boise and BYU partner together (as Indies or AAC), the long-desired and hoped for Idaho Falls basketball series between the two is basically a go.

Idaho Falls Events Center 2022.

Potentially October 2021!

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/01/construction-on-the-mountain-america-center-could-begin-in-march/

3 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

SOF just pertains the the burden of proof necessary to enforce certain contracts.

They need to be in writing, because the possiblity for fraud otherwise, is obviously too high...

For the record, the MW is utterly raped in the cornhole on this one......

I still don't understand why if there is no approved agreement, and hence, no damages to BSU. If there is no agreement, and the original deal is by default in place, how is BSU damaged? I'm probably not fully understanding the situation.

2 hours ago, VandalPride97 said:

Whenever you post, I read your statements in Archer's voice and it's glorious. 

The Arby’s commercials really ruined it for me.   

Posted Image

4 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

I still don't understand why if there is no approved agreement, and hence, no damages to BSU. If there is no agreement, and the original deal is by default in place, how is BSU damaged? I'm probably not fully understanding the situation.

Dude, what are you talking about?

There's a litinay of various writings, when taken together, form the nature of two side's agreement.

I assure you, this one is open, and then, it is shut...

Check out some contract law, you might enjoy it a little. ..

New-Signature.jpg

Just now, Jeffkills said:

Dude, what are you talking about?

There's a litinay of various writings, when taken together, form the nature of two side's agreement.

I assure you, this one is open, and then, it is shut...

Check out some contract law, you might enjoy it a little. ..

I am a layperson so I am sure I am not making sense to someone who knows the law. I guess we will see how the MWC responds.

19 minutes ago, BroncoOrange said:

Who side are you on anyway?

Hess on the side of getting the most hits to this website. Congratulations, this lawsuit is just what the doc ordered.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

5 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

I am a layperson so I am sure I am not making sense to someone who knows the law. I guess we will see how the MWC responds.

Thompson should give that prime minister speech from Love Actually.... 

7 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

I think the biggest thing against the MW is that Boise had to agree to the games negotiated on its behalf by the MW, which supposedly didn't happen.

So my next question is, how is the Fox deal valid?  

I would hope Hair covered his ass with lawyers, but he probably didn't.  

13 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

AP090501069125_t318.jpg

"Let's all get one thing clear right now: I'm a total fuking idiot, and that's the truth."

- Hair

Your bluff has been called. 

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

1 hour ago, Jeffkills said:

Stunner, we both know the power of the Dark side, considering our respective BSU/BYU fandom...

Bet you some delicious ice cream that if BSU doesn’t get what it wants, we’ll likely approach you guys seeking to enter the AAC or hop on the Indy train with you guys for a while...

I don’t think anyone can argue that a BSU/BYU unified front is much better for those schools than their individual efforts...

The AAC is never going to take byu*.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It is difficult to see the relationship as salvageable right now.  IMO, the MWC has drawn its line in the sand, with the lawsuit Boise St has stepped over it.  Hard to think Boise St will be a trusted conference member going forward.

How is it that Boise is pegged as not being trustworthy?  Did not presidents of the other universities run roughshod over Boise State by ignoring a valid contract and not trying to negotiate anything in good faith?.  If allegations in lawsuit are accurate was Thompson not flat out deceptive?

I know it is in vogue to hate Boise State but the only thing Boise did was trust that the conference would stand by a valid contract.  Come on man.