Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CsquaredCC

Boise State Has Filed Suit Against the MWC

15 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

I like the MW and I am happy..I would like Nevada to stay.  But other schools may not be so happy.  

Come on man, that was funny. Just admit it.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

18 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

Not holding my breath on that one.  The threat of a lawsuit sorta illuminated all the bad stuff

C’mon if you’ve never sued or never been sued you haven’t been trying in life. It’s business, not personal. You only lose when you carry a grudge. 

1 hour ago, nvspuds said:

What does a mid major commissioner do?  

Tries to position his conference as well as possible and lately figuring out what to do about the membership.  Things like the cusa commissioner getting their teams on the NFL Network among a myriad of other things.  

7 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

Tries to position his conference as well as possible and lately figuring out what to do about the membership.  Things like the cusa commissioner getting their teams on the NFL Network among a myriad of other things.  

What powers have the MW presidents given to Thompson to achieve goals like this ?

Why have they kept him in place for over 20 years?

9 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

C’mon if you’ve never sued or never been sued you haven’t been trying in life. It’s business, not personal. You only lose when you carry a grudge. 

I have been sued though never sued someone else..I find it odd when someone sues their business partners and expect everybody to be happy about it.

44 minutes ago, JuwanHWolv said:

With Navy and Air Force in the same conference, you get 2/3 of the Commander in Chiefs trophy 🏆 

Since the AAC rebranded, it was always speculated that would possibly happen.

Colorado is also not far from the new conference office in Dallas.

It should be interesting. I really think Commish Aresco is intrigued by 11 team divisionless play.

I think accepting a school with the academic/burned bridge profile of Boise just wasn’t palatable to the AAC Presidents.

Perhaps more important than all that, The MWC’s arrangement with Boise has been better for the AAC than The MWC 

Well in that case I think CSU should look at the AAC.  I look forward to playing half of our games at the conference office in Dallas.

1 hour ago, JuwanHWolv said:

Perhaps more important than all that, The MWC’s arrangement with Boise has been better for the AAC than The MWC 

that's the little secret folks don't like being mentioned...it's worked out fine for UCF, Houston, and Memphis so far.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

In other news, the AAC Board is predicting that they’ll poach SDSU and or another MWC school within weeks. So @SleepingGiantFan, @Fowl, @Spaztecs, @fanhood, and @k5james, you all have something to look forward to.

Nah, we love the MWC now.  It's the greatest conference ever.  The perfect conference.  Let me tell you.

I’m glad we’ve all kissed and made up 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

19 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

Disappointed if that's true.  Boise would have added depth and likely increased ESPN exposure.

@HawaiiMongoose , I really hope UH did not throw a hissy fit about Boise joining. We still need one more member outside California.

@jdgaucho  , we've had this discussion a few times before.  I would expect UH to oppose any Big West addition that requires multiple flights to reach from Honolulu and/or is beyond the Pacific Time Zone.  Adding Boise State would be problematic for UH on both grounds.  I still think that if Portland State ever drops football it would be a good fit.

29 minutes ago, Bob said:

Someone update me. I can't keep up with this

It's still December.  Nothing has changed.  This thread never happened.

25 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Compared to Boise? Yes.  But not in any significant terms. It was always why Boise when we could do X? kind of thing.  

Something something pants on fire. LMAO

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Just now, JuwanHWolv said:

Mike Aresco, when he saw Boise flex their muscle over Hair and the MWC:

OLS3Bsq.gif

Hmmm.  I'm not sure we watched the same movie.