Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CsquaredCC

Boise State Has Filed Suit Against the MWC

2 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

They didn’t agree to what the conference planned to do. That is why they filed the suit. Bsu called the mw bluff and the mw caved. The deal won’t end after this cycle. Sure the mw can vote at a later date to end the contract. Bsu will just file suit again. If the mw had a leg to stand on I don’t think they would have folded this go around. 

Yes they did dummy.  The MWC planned to give Boise the extra 1.8 for this contract anyway.  So Boise went from wanting a proportionate increase in money to agreeing to the 1.8 that the MWC already agreed to give them.

A lot can happen in six years.  You're a fool if you think they won't revisit this before the next contract.

I think the best course of action is to eliminate the commissioner position and have no votes on any conference matters.

Change the name of the conference to the Boise State Conference.  They will have total power

As a show of good faith to the schools they feel are beneath them Boise should drop the Broncos nickname and just be the Boise State Fightin' Litigators.

They should also paint all their fields gold and have Tromp wear a crown.

Just a few suggestions..Not married to it.

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

I agree, they seem like a diploma mill.

But that didn't stop the PAC12 from adding Arizona State.   Isn't ASU also a "diploma mill"?  

(I heard ASU has hot chicks, though).

ASU is nowhere near Liberty's level, not that ASU is an academic juggernaut or anything. 

4 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

As a 12 team conference they are worth more together. And they are worth more together if they are on the same network. Boise State was hesitant to sign with someone other than ESPN but FOX offered more for the group. So, even though Boise States TV deal is negotiated seperate from the rest of the group, they still effect each other's value to the networks and are looked at as one entity.

I am not gonna say this to be a dick or to sound like an arrogant Boise State fan but this conference got it's deal because of Boise State. Like Thompson said, BSU is the driving force behind the deal. So for the other schools to know that and still try to blinfside BSU was a little short sighted in their part.

You sound like an arrogant Boise State fan.

4 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

I think the best course of action is to eliminate the commissioner position and have no votes on any conference matters.

Change the name of the conference to the Boise State Conference.  They will have total power

As a show of good faith to the schools they feel are beneath them Boise should drop the Broncos nickname and just be the Boise State Fightin' Litigators.

They should also paint all their fields gold and have Tromp wear a crown.

Just a few suggestions..Not married to it.

Hmm ... doesn’t go far enough. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

23 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

The biggest deal for Boise State is and always has been exposure. Also, I don’t believe the league would cut Boise State out of the general pool of funds. And 2., if it did, Boise State would have to have a real shitty long-term downturn in order to get caught in a snapshot of time that would cause them to get a significantly smaller payout than the MWC average.

I'm not talking about cutting anyone out. I'm saying that if the 11 teams together are worth a deal of 3 million a year and the boise deal adds 1.5 million a year for each team resulting in 4.5 million overall(with no bonus structure built in) then if the 12 teams negotiated together they could be worth 5 million a team a year. Why would boise throw money away just to be able to negotiate their own deal?

Obviously those numbers are just to show my point not saying anything about the actual values.

15 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

The optimistic view would be that Boise's bluff(?) was called and the MWC rescinded the vote to help them look good to their benefactors for the next six years. The MWC was going to pay the $1.8m during this contract anyways. 

I'm actually surprised ESPN didn't pony up to get them into the AAC for more late night TV content. Thought Boise State was a goner.

I had my hopes up for Boise doing 10am kickoffs to play at East Click and Temple.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

6 minutes ago, k5james said:

Yes they did dummy.  The MWC planned to give Boise the extra 1.8 for this contract anyway.  So Boise went from wanting a proportionate increase in money to agreeing to the 1.8 that the MWC already agreed to give them.

A lot can happen in six years.  You're a fool if you think they won't revisit this before the next contract.

Lol. The mw said the payment will end after this cycle and that 6 years is plenty of notice. Bsu’s lawyers shoved that up their asses. You are correct that it may be revisited though. If it is it will be behind closed doors like it should be dummy. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

32 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

There aren’t any because when these things are done properly that is how it works. It’s the truth though regardless of you not reading about it in the press. 

In other words a bunch of made up shit designed to bolster your position.

Americans Mayor

30 minutes ago, 71Falcons said:

No one knows who has reached to who.  Yes, the AAC has had an open invitation open invitation to BYU and Army and they’ve said as much.  But I’m pretty sure many schools have reached out to them and with the “BSU arrangement”  being handled the way it is, I’d be leery of schools wanting to leave the MWC.  AF and Colorado State make much more sense to add for an abundance of reasons then any school from CUSA or the SB.  I’m sure the AAC commish and those school presidents are looking at several courses of action.  And if one of those involve schools from the MWC, Boise IMHO just made it easier for those schools to decide to jump ship.  

How would having 13 teams in football and basketball make sense?

16 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

ASU is nowhere near Liberty's level, not that ASU is an academic juggernaut or anything. 

I would wager the coeds at ASU are much better looking than Liberty. So is the ASU athletic department.

Americans Mayor

12 hours ago, Fowl said:

@RSFSDSU doesn't score well in Learfield because SDSU has fewer sponsored sports (four fewer than Boise) due to the Cal-NOW settlement.  Stanford wins every year because they sponsor every sport known to man.

Both schools have 18 sports....and that includes Boise baseball.  And the Directors Cup limits scoring to 20 sports.

Boise

Men's sports Women's sports
Baseball Basketball
Basketball Beach volleyball
Cross country Cross country
Football Golf
Golf Gymnastics
Tennis Soccer
Track & Field Softball
  Swimming and diving
  Tennis
  Track & Field
  Volleyball

SD State

Men's sports Women's sports
Baseball Basketball
Basketball Cross country
Football Golf
Golf Lacrosse
Soccer Rowing
Tennis Soccer
  Softball
  Swimming & diving
  Tennis
  Track & field
  Volleyball
  Water Polo

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

11 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

Lol. The mw said the payment will end after this cycle and that 6 years is plenty of notice. Bsu’s lawyers shoved that up their asses. You are correct that it may be revisited though. If it is it will be behind closed doors like it should be dummy. 

Lol, Boise said they should get a pay increase in proportion with the TV deal increase.  The MWC voted to remove their 1.8 million bonus in six years and shoved that up Boise's asses.  Boise agreed to exactly what the MWC wanted in the end dummy.

5 minutes ago, k5james said:

Lol, Boise said they should get a pay increase in proportion with the TV deal increase.  The MWC voted to remove their 1.8 million bonus in six years and shoved that up Boise's asses.  Boise agreed to exactly what the MWC wanted in the end dummy.

Glad your back ky. There has been some rumblings of displeasure with halfman being a mod here. I think you have a good shot. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

18 hours ago, JuwanHWolv said:

I think Hair needs to make assurances that Boise State isn’t going to be left with their penis in their hand again the next time a case needs to be made for their acceptance in a big bowl.

He should start there, and then give Boise an extra $weetener in perpetuity.

Or...not....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.