Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CsquaredCC

Boise State Has Filed Suit Against the MWC

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

Anyone ever attend a revival and healing meeting? It’s scary to watch much less participate. Some friends and I did it on a dare when we were about eleven. 

The closest we have in Vegas are AA meetings.

Why did Wyoming and Air Force vote to terminate the $1.8M immediately.  I mean Wyoming has a billion dollar endowment and AF is government money.....  

down in a hole.jpg

19 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

Why did Wyoming and Air Force vote to terminate the $1.8M immediately.  I mean Wyoming has a billion dollar endowment and AF is government money.....  

False on AF, only part of it comes from the government.  They need money just as much as anyone else.

25 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

$40m (over 2/3rds) comes from Air Force school funds, and their athletic budget is more than almost every G5 program. 

image.png

I remember hearing their goal (mandate?) is to make the revenue sports self-sufficient. In light of that, yes they are as concerned about revenue as any other MWC school. Their budget is among the largest of the G5 because they field more sports than almost any other G5 team (except the other academies, I would assume). 27 different D1 teams.

ETA: In fact sports participation is required of all cadets... https://www.usafa.edu/athletics/

On 2/3/2020 at 6:05 PM, soupslam1 said:

Did you pull this out of your ass? Traditionally Boise State has led the MWC in the Learfield Cup standings for all college sports. Last year, the top two MWC programs were AF at #63 and Boise State at #65. SDSU was at the bottom of the list at #112. 

https://nacda.com/documents/2019/6/5//June6DIoverall.pdf?id=3659

Lol.... did you really just call somebody out for pulling something out of their ass and follow it up with you yourself pulling something out of your ass?

Since BSu has been in the MWC, there have been 8 final standings. Air Force has only led once. Boise has only led twice. The other five times were all by the same school, which would probably make them the "Traditional Leader of the Learfield Cup Standings".

*of those 8 years, SDSU has finished above Boise 4 times and below them 4 times.

4 minutes ago, coalman29 said:

Lol.... did you really just call somebody out for pulling something out of their ass and follow it up with you yourself pulling something out of your ass?

Since BSu has been in the MWC, there have been 8 final standings. Air Force has only led once. Boise has only led twice. The other five times were all by the same school, which would probably make them the "Traditional Leader of the Learfield Cup Standings".

*of those 8 years, SDSU has finished above Boise 4 times and below them 4 times.

It's a what have you done for me lately world.

23 hours ago, coalman29 said:

That doesn’t make SDSU a better sports program overall as asserted above and as I was responding to. 

On 2/3/2020 at 5:05 PM, soupslam1 said:

Did you pull this out of your ass? Traditionally Boise State has led the MWC in the Learfield Cup standings for all college sports. Last year, the top two MWC programs were AF at #63 and Boise State at #65. SDSU was at the bottom of the list at #112. 

https://nacda.com/documents/2019/6/5//June6DIoverall.pdf?id=3659

This year, Boise is off to a great start.  #26 after the fall season.  UC Santa Barbara is #49 and Air Force #51.  SDSU, Wyoming (and Tulane) tied at #139.  Aztecs will get a boost from men's hoops though how much remains to be seen.

https://nacda.com/documents/2020/1/15//Jan16DI.pdf?id=385

39 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

This year, Boise is off to a great start.  #26 after the fall season.  UC Santa Barbara is #49 and Air Force #51.  SDSU, Wyoming (and Tulane) tied at #139.  Aztecs will get a boost from men's hoops though how much remains to be seen.

https://nacda.com/documents/2020/1/15//Jan16DI.pdf?id=385

Check out #5.  Now that's a great athletic program.

38 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Don't know if that "proves" it but, yes SDSU has a better overall sports program than Boise.

You almost have to look across the board as despite being in the same conference, Boise's and SDSU's sports mix has some differences.

Boise's strength outside of football has been in cross country, track, tennis and gymnastics. SDSU doesn't sponsor gymnastics or men's cross country and track.  Boise also has beach volleyball whereas SDSU does not.

SDSU sponsors men's soccer and women's water polo whereas Boise does not, and baseball which Boise just added this year.

Interestingly enough, Boise would now be a better athletics fit in the Big West than SDSU.  Boise sponsors 15 / 18 possible sports.  SDSU 14 / 18 

11 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

You almost have to look across the board as despite being in the same conference, Boise's and SDSU's sports mix has some differences.

Boise's strength outside of football has been in cross country, track, tennis and gymnastics. SDSU doesn't sponsor gymnastics or men's cross country and track.  Boise also has beach volleyball whereas SDSU does not.

SDSU sponsors men's soccer and women's water polo whereas Boise does not, and baseball which Boise just added this year.

Interestingly enough, Boise would now be a better athletics fit in the Big West than SDSU.  Boise sponsors 15 / 18 possible sports.  SDSU 14 / 18 

question mark wtf GIF

58 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

That's what I was thinking. And we give Wooshy a hard time about UCF not having a beach.

Except its true.  Boise has a team, SDSU does not.  TCU has a beach volleyball team, too,  and its nowhere near a beach.  Built the courts right across the street from the basketball arena.  Dont need a beach.  Just need sand.  Hell, New Mexico and Nebraska each have one.

https://www.ncsasports.org/beach-volleyball/colleges

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

16 minutes ago, RSF said:

Except its true.  Boise has a team, SDSU does not.  TCU has a beach volleyball team, too,  and its nowhere near a beach.  Built the courts right across the street from the basketball arena.  Dont need a beach.  Just need sand.  Hell, New Mexico and Nebraska each have one.

https://www.ncsasports.org/beach-volleyball/colleges

Beach volleyball is one of the least expensive women's sports to sponsor to help meet the Title IX obligations.  This is because it counts as a separate women's sport but generally the athletes are the same athletes from the indoor volleyball team and because you don't need a very large roster and coaching staff for the sport.  I am amazed that more schools haven't adopted beach volleyball yet.  It makes so much cents (pun intended).

1 hour ago, SharkTanked said:

question mark wtf GIF

I know, right?

1 hour ago, Ibanez said:

That's what I was thinking. And we give Wooshy a hard time about UCF not having a beach.

https://broncosports.com/sports/womens-beach-volleyball

5 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Beach volleyball is one of the least expensive women's sports to sponsor to help meet the Title IX obligations.  This is because it counts as a separate women's sport but generally the athletes are the same athletes from the indoor volleyball team and because you don't need a very large roster and coaching staff for the sport.  I am amazed that more schools haven't adopted beach volleyball yet.  It makes so much cents (pun intended).

UC Santa Barbara is right on the beach, but doesn't sponsor beach volleyball.  Personal choice, I suppose.