Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CsquaredCC

Boise State Has Filed Suit Against the MWC

8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Did the MWC violate the contract when they came to Boise in 2016 to negotiate that amount?

To void the contract both sides would have to agree.  Boise wants to void the current re-entry agreement but the MW does not.  Hence the law suit by Boise..

Just now, nvspuds said:

To void the contract both sides would have to agree.  Boise wants to void the current re-entry agreement but the MW does not.  Hence the law suit by Boise..

Boise wanted it discussed, a discussion voids nothing.  The MWC presidents were so appalled at it being discussed they voted to void the current re-entry agreement.  Hence the law suit by Boise.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Boise wanted it discussed, a discussion voids nothing.  The MWC presidents were so appalled at it being discussed they voted to void the current re-entry agreement.  Hence the law suit by Boise.

Boise is still getting the 1.8..The original re entry agreement is in place

However, I do think Boise has an excellent case for breach of contract on the clause that says they must formally agree to any new tv deal.  I think they win that.  In which case, CBS and Fox might end up out of the picture and some new deal, that Boise does approve would have to be negotiated.  

1 minute ago, nvspuds said:

Boise is still getting the 1.8..The original re entry agreement is in place

However, I do think Boise has an excellent case for breach of contract on the clause that says they must formally agree to any new tv deal.  I think they win that.  In which case, CBS and Fox might end up out of the picture and some new deal, that Boise does approve would have to be negotiated.  

Voting to put an end date on it in 6 years is violating the agreement.  Or rather making it clear you intend to violate it.  You are correct though that the MWC is also screwed as Boise did not vote to agree to the selling of a package that included their home games.  Pretty sure whatever damages Boise asks for will be awarded.  No exit fee plus damages of 20 mil?  Seems pretty reasonable.

27 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

The re-entry contact gives Boise 1.8 million per year in a bonus

To get more than that Boise and the MW would have to agree to re=open the existing contract to make the change.  That would void the previous agreement.  It would be a new contract.

The MWC’s leaving ESPN (and then publicly speaking about ending Boise’s “deal”), has left an opening for Boise to grab a significant amount of ESPN exposure for themselves.

They ARE the proverbial recruiting Debo with that added heft.

751B0A25-BEED-407A-9C01-17C6331F80BA.jpeg

Like I said..You have a good chance at winning your lawsuit..Should one occur.  

Every MWC team will be forced, legally, to paint the color of their field their Schools primary color, and then pay Boise an extra 500k a year to do so.

30 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

The re-entry contact gives Boise 1.8 million per year in a bonus

To get more than that Boise and the MW would have to agree to re=open the existing contract to make the change.  That would void the previous agreement.  It would be a new contract.

Yea - - contract law is not your specialty.  I can recommend a few decent hornbooks if you would like.

1 minute ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Yea - - contract law is not your specialty.  I can recommend a few decent hornbooks if you would like.

We had somebody who studied contract law at Gonzaga already weigh in here, as well as a few other lawyers.  They all agree this is a case Boise wins, with ease.

Just now, OrediggerPoke said:

I admit my experience is not in contract law but I have dealt with contract for years.  But thank you for your very condescending post.  

20 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

19 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

How about: no one has "voided" anything. The MWC has given "reasonable notice" of their intention to end the contract in 6 years.

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We had somebody who studied contract law at Gonzaga already weigh in here, as well as a few other lawyers.  They all agree this is a case Boise wins, with ease.

Right - I am sure someone with significant legal experience is going to weigh in that a party wins a case on the merits with ease prior to any discovery taking place....

I guess some of this is fun reading :lol:

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Boise wins..but loses.  You will be a pariah in the MW and any conference you might be interested in joining will have to consider whether they want to do business with a school that sues their partners..

13 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Voting to put an end date on it in 6 years is violating the agreement.  Or rather making it clear you intend to violate it.  You are correct though that the MWC is also screwed as Boise did not vote to agree to the selling of a package that included their home games.  Pretty sure whatever damages Boise asks for will be awarded.  No exit fee plus damages of 20 mil?  Seems pretty reasonable.

No. Is giving "reasonable notice".

Should they be tied to the agreement indefinitely?

1 minute ago, renoskier said:

How about: no one has "voided" anything. The MWC has given "reasonable notice" of their intention to end the contract in 6 years.

That violates the contract.  As does ignoring Boise's veto over the sell of their home games.

MWC Phuuuuucked.  Sorry bruh.

I admit my experience is not in contract law but I have dealt with contract for years.  But thank you for your very condescending post.  

You are opining upon the law...incorrectly at that.  It does a disservice to someone that might naively believe what you write.  So you are welcome.

Just now, OrediggerPoke said:

You are opining upon the law...incorrectly at that.  It does a disservice to someone that might naively believe what you write.  So you are welcome.

You are correct.  I will defer to you on all legal matters.  However, that doesn't make you any less a dick so there is that.

You are correct.  I will defer to you on all legal matters.  However, that doesn't make you any less a dick so there is that.

What makes him more of a legal expert than the lawyers who have already commented on the matter?