Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CsquaredCC

Boise State Has Filed Suit Against the MWC

I think Boise should get an even split with everybody else or leave. I think they still are the best football program in the conference but they are on decline. I think mwc would be fine without them. I would say SDSU has a better sports program overall.  I think UNLV will improve greatly. Fresno has a good football program as does UNR. Would be great to keep Boise but not at an inflated rate. 

After stepping away from it for a while I feel like if we’re going to go west the aac should just commit to it and expand west by three total teams.  I haven’t heard any additional rumors since I mentioned the discussions with Boise and big sky.   I expect things have been hashed out by now on that front, Aresco and White have been on radio silence the past week so I do think there’s something happening.

27 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

You heard a rumor about Boise State and the Big Sky? Interesting since it was only a few emails to see what interest was there. Not a lot of wiggle room to consider that a "discussion."  And yet, the Big West and Boise has had much more in depth conversations. So if you was gonna hear anything it would of been a Big West rumor.

And if you had access to MWC rumors, you wouldn't of told me I was dreaming when I was telling you the MWC was getting $4 million for seven years and they were keeping their third tier rights. All your rebuttal has been is "Third tier rights won't be anything, Aresco cared more about exposure than money." 

Take your rumor somewhere else.

I already mentioned it a while ago, maybe a week-10 days ago? nothing new about it.  Never indicated it was by email, not sure where you got that from.  It may be that they ultimately go with Big West, all I can confirm is that there were definitive discussions between the two-but again it's been a while now and it may have just been posturing to see how much/little leverage could be had. 

By the time I heard you say anything specific about MW there was already rampant speculation that ended up being relatively accurate.  You just kind of jumped on the train.  And,yes, you are still wrong about third tier rights.  You fail to recognize the difference between holding onto valued property and reselling it AND being picked clean of everything marketable and trying to find a place to put the leftovers.  It is not the same thing; 'tier 3' rights as you and some others focus on here do not exist anymore.  

2 hours ago, Ibanez said:

They are the first team in the conference to go undefeated in conference play in how long? They aren't on decline. They have just stalled. A move to the AAC could actually give the program a boost. More eastern exposure, playing in bigger cities, stadium renovations... Then again.

FYI .. SDSU went undefeated in conference in 2015 and winning the MW.

3 hours ago, Ibanez said:

BSU already looks bad. Might as well try and get what they want at this point.  MWC looks pretty bad in this as well.

Huh.I don't think anyone "looks bad" in this situation.

The conference no longer wanted to be locked into an inequitable agreement.

This is how it was always going to end; not bad or good, just business.

2 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Boise States new RB coach is:

Winston Venable. Uhh...:facepalm:

Brock Forsey and Ian Johnson weren't available?  

1 hour ago, Ibanez said:

Well right now you would have to agree that everyone is an option except BYU and Army. Army likes independent as does BYU. And BYU will get an average of $8.2 million a year just off their media deals, maybe a little less. BYU fans claim it is as much as $10 but I think they were just caffeinated when they claimed that. And If BSU doesn't go (Fingers crossed) that leaves C-USA teams again. UAB is the best option there. So yes, they are on the table. What is the AAC fans obsession with basketball only schools? Wichita State was a good add. Why push it?  And you can't stay at 11. Someone will be added by the time the waiver is up. Having some teams playing more conference games than others is a stupid idea.

No.  C-USA is not on the table just because we decide not to take Boise.  That's ridiculous.  There is zero fb value in the c-usa.  Let's put it another way, Boise's value is a stretch as it is...now think of you guys compared to CUSA teams.  Okay then.    

Yes we can stay at 11, happy to do so.  

Even if CUSA were an option (it isn't), UAB might be the 4th best fit.  

There's a reason we find bball schools appealing.  

6 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

No.  C-USA is not on the table just because we decide not to take Boise.  That's ridiculous.  There is zero fb value in the c-usa.  Let's put it another way, Boise's value is a stretch as it is...now think of you guys compared to CUSA teams.  Okay then.    

Yes we can stay at 11, happy to do so.  

Even if CUSA were an option (it isn't), UAB might be the 4th best fit.  

There's a reason we find bball schools appealing.  

I can't tell if you are trying to convince the folks here or yourself.

2 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

Considering the points being mentioned in terms of Boise it would seem obvious whom 'I'm trying to convince.' Whether someone is convinced or not is immaterial.  I just point out the craziness at times.  Take from it what you will

20 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

Best not to attempt to apply logic where none exists.  It only confuses him more.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

8 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

MWC bylaws basically call for exit notification 12 months or more ahead. The deadline is June 30 to exit on July 1 of the following year with the standard financial payment. If Boise wanted to leave as of the 2021-22 season they need to give notice by June 30 this year. Otherwise it becomes a UConn type situation with negotiations for a larger exit penalty beyond the financial one stated in the bylaws.

The only thing that could change that is if there was a breach of contract finding. Then who know what could happen.

8 hours ago, akbballfan said:

I think Boise should get an even split with everybody else or leave. I think they still are the best football program in the conference but they are on decline. I think mwc would be fine without them. I would say SDSU has a better sports program overall.  I think UNLV will improve greatly. Fresno has a good football program as does UNR. Would be great to keep Boise but not at an inflated rate. 

A 12-2 football team is a team in decline?  Twelve double digit victories in the last fifteen years. Eight double digit victories in the last ten years. Five double digit victories in the last five years. 

I hear Boise State is in decline over and over again.  What am I missing? Is there another team in the Mountain West that is close and about to pass Boise's consistency that I've failed to recognize?

My dismay has nothing to do with Boise getting special treatment, I just don't understand where this narrative of Boise going in the toilet comes from.

6 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Breach of contract by who?

MWC. Not saying it is breach, just that if there was a finding of breach then other options could come into play concerning exit timing and costs. Likelyhood of Boise exiting prior to 20, 21 are slim to none in my opinion.

11 hours ago, Ibanez said:

We do take from it what we will. That's why we all make fun of you. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're Tulsa Guy's less informed brother.

At least Tulsa Guy doesn’t make shit up, or what has become known as “WOOSHIN” it. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

There’s a big push for Georgia State on the AAC board. I could certainly see them being added as the 12th member. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

There’s a big push for Georgia State on the AAC board. I could certainly see them being added as the 12th member. 

If Georgia State can justify to ESPN such an enormous increase in their payout, they will be added; as such a decision is out of the AAC’s hands. 

I believe they are enjoying the prospects of an 11-team league too much. Expanding would be a network decision. I don’t think Bristol has anyone polling fansites.