Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CsquaredCC

Boise State Has Filed Suit Against the MWC

Guest #1Stunner
11 minutes ago, RSF said:

Doubtful.  Rice likes being small.  Fancies themselves the Ivy-like.  Probably not wrong.  And their HUGE endowment allows them to bring in the best students.

?

Would be amazing if Rice joined the WCC (similar travel as CUSA for them).  Not sure if the could keep football only in CUSA.

They are too good for CUSA academics.

Just now, OrediggerPoke said:

No.  I would not take Rice at this point at all.  But after what Colorado Mines did, I do think that the top academic institutions can be successful in athletics if they choose to focus on them.

They absolutely can.  Look at Stanford as well when they decided to get serious about football again.  I just don't think Rice values football and basketball enough at this time. 

23 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Why are you so ashamed of the AAC's Conference USA roots?

Membership timeline[edit]

849d3912c07e7a94743b6cd42c2e444f.png

Full members (all-sports) Full members (non-football) Affiliate members (football-only) Affiliate member (other sport)Other Conference Other Conference

C

i guess we all started playing in 1997 is you point?.

also: me: almost everyone has spent more time the AAC than than c-usa at this point, its not some long stored history

you: posts a chart that shows that majority of the aac has spent more time the AAC than than c-usa at this point

not sure your point ..not sure where you are getting at 

8 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Technically, that bolded part of your statement is false (for now) as Cincinnati and USF competed from 2005-2013 in the Big East.  The AAC wasn't created until July 2013.

UCF: 8 years in C-USA, completing year 7 in AAC

USF: 10 years in C-USA, year 7 in AAC

Cincinnati: 10 years in C-USA, year 7 in AAC.

East Carolina: 13 years in C-USA, year 6 in AAC.

Houston: 17 years in C-USA, year 6 in AAC

Memphis: 17 years in C-USA, year 7 in AAC

SMU: 8 years in C-USA, year 7 in AAC

Tulane: 19 years in C-USA, year 6 in AAC.

Tulsa: 9 years in C-USA, year 6 in AAC.

Nice try though.

your numbers are badly incorrect 

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, OrediggerPoke said:

No.  I would not take Rice at this point at all.  But after what Colorado Mines did, I do think that the top academic institutions can be successful in athletics if they choose to focus on them.

BYU played the Colorado School of Mines in basketball a few years ago.

The BYUtv guys were fawning over how smart the Mines Basketball players are, all game.  The Mines coach was all class....  Seemed like a great program.

Almost thought BYU wanted to recruit them to the WCC (not sure if they are a private school).

6 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Technically, that bolded part of your statement is false (for now) as Cincinnati and USF competed from 2005-2013 in the Big East.  The AAC wasn't created until July 2013.

UCF: 8 years in C-USA, completing year 7 in AAC

USF: 10 years in C-USA, year 7 in AAC

Cincinnati: 10 years in C-USA, year 7 in AAC.

East Carolina: 13 years in C-USA, year 6 in AAC.

Houston: 17 years in C-USA, year 6 in AAC

Memphis: 17 years in C-USA, year 7 in AAC

SMU: 8 years in C-USA, year 7 in AAC

Tulane: 19 years in C-USA, year 6 in AAC.

Tulsa: 9 years in C-USA, year 6 in AAC.

Nice try though.

Technically accurate, but many of those schools only stopped over in C-USA having built programs as independents or in other conferences. ECU, Tulsa, Cincinnati, Navy, Tulane, Memphis, and for a short time Houston were independents. Houston, SMU, Tulane had time in traditional power conferences with SWC and SEC. Temple was a member of the Big East.

It's really a hodgepodge when you consider how little time UCF and USF have spent as FBS. Most of those schools had stop overs in CUSA. Cincy and USF moving from it to the Big East for 7 years before the AAC was formed.

It is what it is though.

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, pesik said:

i guess we all started playing in 1997 is you point?.

also: me: almost everyone has spent more time the AAC than than c-usa at this point, its not some long stored history

you: posts a chart that shows that majority of the aac has spent more time the AAC than than c-usa at this point

not sure your point ..not sure where you are getting at 

Show pride in the new AAC = old CUSA.

CUSA is your roots!!

ESPN+ should run a documentary on the AAC ties to CUSA.

4 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

They absolutely can.  Look at Stanford as well when they decided to get serious about football again.  I just don't think Rice values football and basketball enough at this time. 

Stanford has a 500 MILLION DOLLAR endowment just for sports, and a yearly P5 revenue check.  And still is hit or miss in football.  Rice has neither.  Fact is a school THAT small is never going to be competitive more than occasionally.  Give them credit for recognizing that.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

5 minutes ago, RSF said:

Stanford has a 500 MILLION DOLLAR endowment just for sports, and a yearly P5 revenue check.  And still is hit or miss in football.  Rice has neither.  Fact is a school THAT small is never going to be competitive more than occasionally.  Give them credit for recognizing that.

I'm not dumping on Rice.  They aren't a MW type school is all.  I do question at times why they even play football.  I know it used to make more sense for them, but now I would question it more.  

Just now, Wyobraska said:

I'm not dumping on Rice.  They aren't a MW type school is all.  I do question at times why they even play football.  I know it used to make more sense for them, but now I would question it more.  

Because its Texas.  And they do have a decent legacy.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

24 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Show pride in the new AAC = old CUSA.

CUSA is your roots!!

ESPN+ should run a documentary on the AAC ties to CUSA.

Old CUSA was superior to the Old MWC.

Mike Slive ate Craig Thompson’s lunch from Day 1.

If that league would have stayed together on ESPN, I’d be down with that. Once Slive left for the SEC, all the best teams were going to leave too, and they did.

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, JuwanHWolv said:

Old CUSA was superior to the Old MWC.

Mike Slive ate Craig Thompson’s lunch from Day 1.

If that league would have stayed together on ESPN, I’d be down with that. Once Slive left for the SEC, all the best teams were going to leave too, and they did.

TCU left CUSA for the MWC 

TCU was ashamed to be affiliated with the Texas schools in CUSA, as well as Tulsa and Tulane.  UCF is also "low rent".

@RSF

Just now, since1670 said:

" AAC is CUSA 2.0. "

People making this statement is precisely why the AAC will not add a CUSA school.

Once CUSA started backfilling with Sunbelt, And MWC started backfilling with WAC...

Thats when teams started aligning in better leagues and going Indy.

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

TCU left CUSA for the MWC 

TCU was ashamed to be affiliated with the Texas schools in CUSA, as well as Tulsa and Tulane.  UCF is also "low rent".

@RSF

TCU had just gotten their bubble burst by Southern Miss. Louisville, Cincinnati, and USF were on their way to the Big East. TCU wasn’t invited to the league with USF, UC, and UL (and DePaul and Marquette). 

1 hour ago, VandalPride97 said:

You might want to schedule a shrink to tackle that inferiority complex you're demonstrating.

Damn, can I use you? Didn't you and Prater get your medical degrees together?