Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CsquaredCC

Boise State Has Filed Suit Against the MWC

1 minute ago, JuwanHWolv said:

Lol. I enjoy ESPN+. Y’all should get on there and watch the new Documentary series they are producing on Memphis basketball. 

Called 'Crash and Burn'.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Guest #1Stunner
5 minutes ago, JuwanHWolv said:

Lol. I enjoy ESPN+. Y’all should get on there and watch the new Documentary series they are producing on Memphis basketball. 

You'll have the next 12 years to continuing enjoying ESPN+

I leave work on Friday and the thread was at 65 then over the weekend(plus a sick day on Monday to look after the boy) I get back and we're at 120? Thought it may have slowed down if there wasn't any news. So I am assuming we got a lot of news over the weekend and everything is figured out one way or the other.

3 minutes ago, tspoke said:

I leave work on Friday and the thread was at 65 then over the weekend(plus a sick day on Monday to look after the boy) I get back and we're at 120? Thought it may have slowed down if there wasn't any news. So I am assuming we got a lot of news over the weekend and everything is figured out one way or the other.

Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

8 minutes ago, tspoke said:

I Mean Episode 18 GIF by Friends

11 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

It’s very simple, you stay far away from the popular fishing spots.  But that takes trial and error, even heavily hit Varney to Ennis slot on the Madison has incredible fishing when the river splits into three channels - but you have to float it as it’s private land.  Hebgen to Quake is another amazing stretch of water, better during the winter - as well Bear Trap canyon.  Montana has an amazing winter fishery, the two mentioned above and Reynolds Pass.  O’Dells creek, lower and upper Ruby river, Pointdexter slough and countless others.  Shit, the dam to high bridge on the Beaverhead has the biggest fish per mile in any state.  I get that Divide to Melrose is the hardest hit section of the Big Hole, but if you go above Wise River you’ll stick an abundance of grayling and large browns. 

Pyramid Lake to me isn’t fly fishing, you stand on ladders and slow strip nymphs and sometimes streamers.  During the peak it turns into a mobile home shithole.  

Been to all of them (except haven't hit the Beaverhead).  You need to hit Bear Trap in the "tourist season"...tough to find that pocket water without someone already on it!

25 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

They ARE CUSA schools.. :shrug:

Unfortunately, back in the day, the old MWC and old CUSA jumped to CSTV.

Its a resource game.

For the new MWC, it was a disaster to kill off the WAC. Having the WAC as the low tier West league, supported the MWC in a lot of ways.

The AAC has the CUSA now in the West to buoy their recruiting efforts and play occasionally in bowls when it’s to the AACs liking. At this point, the MWC has to play itself in bowls, or play the MAC/CUSA/Sunbelt teams.

26 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

They ARE CUSA schools.. :shrug:

That one went over his head, too.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Guest #1Stunner
27 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I have yet to need to subscribe to espn+, every game has been on one of the espn networks or  streaming, and I watch some pretty obscure women’s basketball. It’s been great.  The rumors of platform use and production costs have been vastly overstated here...surprise surprise.

Well Dummy, that's because the new deal doesn't start until July.

(starts in 2020-2021)

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

Well Dummy, that's because the new deal doesn't start until July.

(starts in 2020-2021)

He doesnt worry about when things start.  Contracts, bowl games.....

2 minutes ago, RSF said:

That one went over his head, too.

How is it over the head to try and explain allocation of resources?

Strip away ESPN exposure, money, trophies, basketball bids, etc, I suppose you can put the AAC teams in the old Cusa box they shared with Louisvulle, TCU, Marquette, etc.

3 hours ago, Ibanez said:

I worked with a Husky last summer. He is leading a group to figure out what to do with the rest of the escaped bison running all over Union County. Only took a decade to get it going. Elgin seems to be one of those places where most people that grow up there leaves. I feel like very few people I have met up here was actually born here. Just not much in the way of jobs. A friend of mine from back east came up here several years ago to go to St. Helens with us. I told him how the town got his name and he couldn't get over the fact that a town in Oregon gets a name from a tragedy in Michigan. 

Bison in Union County?  
Yeah, no jobs in the area unless you work at the mill or able to work at EOU. 
My bro works at EOU now, in addition to our friend who is now the president of EOU.

Been awhile since my last trip, need to make it there again and see the folks.

Yeah, go figure how Elgin it’s name.  
Fun fact: Our fight song is Notre Dame fight song.  We took it in honor of a ND coach who came and coach football for a year and went back to coach at ND back in the 1920’s.

So, no news on relation to the lawsuit is good or bad news ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

5 hours ago, RogueStout said:

It’s pretty obvious what he is getting at. SDSU would have gone to the Big lEast if the term sheet deal hadn’t been offered up by the MWC presidents. What are you missing about this?

Have you not been hearing for the last 7 or whatever years Aztec fans grousing about how Boise State screwed them and they shouldn’t even be in this Conference?

I've only complained about how Boise left the Aztecs hanging when they doubled back after their attempted shakedown of the Big Least failed.

I have always felt the Aztecs should stay in the MW. I prefer a regional fb conference and the thought of the BW for b-ball was very underwhelming.

Americans Mayor

3 hours ago, Ibanez said:

It's not good for either party. And since the AAC has the two year waiver I wouldn't expect Boise State would leave this year anyway.

Question. IF Boise announced they are gonna leave starting in 2021 I am wondering if they would sign a one year deal with ESPN or if they just wouldn't have games on TV this year? I can't imagine FOX, CBS, or the MWC would give a team bolting the next year a platform to show their games.

Of course they would televise the Boise games. Esp since Boise draws better than ratings than the rest if the conference combined.

Americans Mayor

3 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

So, no news on relation to the lawsuit is good or bad news ?

Under Rule 4 of the FRCP, Boise has 90 days to serve the MWC upon the filing of its complaint.  If service is not completed within the 90 days, the suit is dismissed. I wouldn't expect to hear any news until about 89 days from January 17.  Lawyers typically wait until the last day to either finalize a settlement agreement or to proceed with the suit.

Note: I'm not sure about Idaho law because it is in Idaho State Court but it most likely mirrors the FRCP in regards to the 90 days.