Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CsquaredCC

Boise State Has Filed Suit Against the MWC

42 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Well without giving that the MWC would be the MAC right now.  Take Boise and SDSU out of the MWC computer rankings the past 7 years and it looks pretty ugly.  Would arguably be the worst conference in football over that time.

Oh, stop it. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

46 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Well without giving that the MWC would be the MAC right now.  Take Boise and SDSU out of the MWC computer rankings the past 7 years and it looks pretty ugly.  Would arguably be the worst conference in football over that time.

Why are you throwing SUDS into this?  You want Bouse to get more because the MWC would be screwed without San Diego State?  Not sure I follow that.  I guess your point is Boise had additional leverage because of SDS and they smartly used it.  Which I get, but that doesn't always work out.  A builder can get a sub to offer a price they can't really afford, and they sometimes do.  Then they squawk when the service sucks because there is no money in the job.  I don't really feel bad for either side when that happens.  The phucking builder should know if a price is too good to be true, and of course a sub shouldn't underbid a job then try to make it up with change orders.  Usually they either work something out or go there separate ways.  Those are all under contract too.

Even this stupid deal.  So Boise has veto over their home games right?  But the inverse is also true.  So where does that leave us when the two sides don't agree?  Both sides arguing the other is acting in bad faith.  All the media stuff I see is out of Boise, or national stuff basically reporting on what the local Boise press said.  I haven't seen much from the other side on this in the press.  And I'm sure there are two sides to the story.

As far as where the MWC would be without luring Boise back, that's like trying to predict how a game would have gone if you hadn't punted on fourth and one in the first quarter.  It also ignores the question of whether all the concessions were needed to bring Boise back , which we will never know now.

7 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

A lot of people like the tree skiing there.  Two guys recently opened a guided back country experience south of Steamboat by Kremmling if that is something you are interested in.  I enjoy Steamboat and usually make a trip there once a year.  You can get 5 days at Steamboat with the Base Ikon pass too, so if you go for a week, it might be worth it to just buy a pass depending on how many days you go.  Steamboat is definitely not cheap.  

https://coloradosun.com/2020/01/27/bluebird-backcountry-human-powered-ski-area-kremmling/

It definitely sounds like I should board it then. I love trees and don't need vertical with a board

14 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I wanna go to Steamboat. The Coloradans refer to it as "Kansas" because it doesn't have the vertical of some of the other hills in the area, but I really like the town and wouldn't mind spending a week there

If anyone from Colorado refers to Steamboat as "Kansas", it's not because of its vertical. Only Telluride and Aspen/ Snowmass have more vertical than Steamboat's 3668'.

Steamboat is a short two hours from Laramie and is the place I spent most of my winter weekends from the age of fourteen. It's a very unique mountain (actually seven mountains). There's more challenging mountains (Jackson, Aspen Highlands, Mammoth, Squaw, Crested Butte, among others), and there's more "accommodating" mountains (Deer Valley, PCMR, Vail, Winterpark, Snowbird, Heavenly, etc.), but there's nothing with Steamboat's combination of open terrain on Storm Peak and Mt. Werner, Champagne Powder, and tree skiing. Steamboat snow's average water content is about half of the industry average and about 2/3 the average of the Central Rockies and Wasatch. This is due to its somewhat isolated geography in more arid northern Colorado. It is also quite a bit colder, and often, windier than most other Colorado areas.

I've skied almost every hill with a lift (and quite a few without one) in Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, California, Oregon, Idaho, and Washington. Steamboat stands apart from all of them due to its diversity, vertical, and snow quality.

The town itself is great. My favorite spot is L'Apogee/ Harwig's downtown. If you go, check out the cork room in the cellar that an old friend built with the owner.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

7 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Boise doesn't even have 40k fans.  Quit lying.  Again, just youtube then tell me what you think.  

@kingpotato isn’t “WOOSHIN’ IT,” he’s telling the truth. Something you’ve been proven to struggle with.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

6 hours ago, CPslograd said:

I've been busy and haven't followed this other than this thread.  What are the non donkey local radio guys and message boards saying about this?

Not sure who you are asking about. There are no non donkey local radio guys in Boise. They are all very much donkeys. What message boards?

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

4 hours ago, CPslograd said:

Why are you throwing SUDS into this?  You want Bouse to get more because the MWC would be screwed without San Diego State?  Not sure I follow that.  I guess your point is Boise had additional leverage because of SDS and they smartly used it.  Which I get, but that doesn't always work out.  A builder can get a sub to offer a price they can't really afford, and they sometimes do.  Then they squawk when the service sucks because there is no money in the job.  I don't really feel bad for either side when that happens.  The phucking builder should know if a price is too good to be true, and of course a sub shouldn't underbid a job then try to make it up with change orders.  Usually they either work something out or go there separate ways.  Those are all under contract too.

Even this stupid deal.  So Boise has veto over their home games right?  But the inverse is also true.  So where does that leave us when the two sides don't agree?  Both sides arguing the other is acting in bad faith.  All the media stuff I see is out of Boise, or national stuff basically reporting on what the local Boise press said.  I haven't seen much from the other side on this in the press.  And I'm sure there are two sides to the story.

As far as where the MWC would be without luring Boise back, that's like trying to predict how a game would have gone if you hadn't punted on fourth and one in the first quarter.  It also ignores the question of whether all the concessions were needed to bring Boise back , which we will never know now.

It’s pretty obvious what he is getting at. SDSU would have gone to the Big lEast if the term sheet deal hadn’t been offered up by the MWC presidents. What are you missing about this?

Have you not been hearing for the last 7 or whatever years Aztec fans grousing about how Boise State screwed them and they shouldn’t even be in this Conference?

8 hours ago, Ibanez said:

9 years. 

Nice.

Grew up in Elgin.  I do miss the area scenery, wished I could visit the folks there more often.

I do miss the mountains.  At least NM is 4 hrs away to take a weekend trip and do so now and to get my mountain fix.

37 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

Out of curiosity, how many BSU fans made it to the Las Vegas bowl?  I would think that a bunch would have gone because it was against a PAC12 team coached by Coach Pete.

Not really sure but I would assume it was actually one of the worst attended LV Bowls by Boise State fans. There just wasn't much energy or enthusiasm around the game for some reason, whereas I personally felt the opposite. I personally wasn't able to go because of some commitments we had around Christmas. 

I guess there hasn’t been any new developments?   Thought maybe we would hear something else because the time for Boise to leave is coming soon. 

Perhaps after the basketball season ends?  The AAC hasn’t developed the 2020 schedule yet. 

1 hour ago, MWC Tex said:

the time for Boise to leave is coming soon. 

We aren't going anywhere. This will end up being worked out one way or another.

Boise State leaving the MWC isn't good for either party.

15 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

We aren't going anywhere. This will end up being worked out one way or another.

Boise State leaving the MWC isn't good for either party.

Not only that, even if the shit hit the fan, I don’t see how Boise State could be in the AAC this fall. 

Anyway, I agree with you. Some CSU style back room assurances will happen and the current MWC will stay intact. 

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Not really sure but I would assume it was actually one of the worst attended LV Bowls by Boise State fans. There just wasn't much energy or enthusiasm around the game for some reason, whereas I personally felt the opposite. I personally wasn't able to go because of some commitments we had around Christmas. 

I think the bowls are getting a little less exciting for most fans every year.

13 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

I think the bowls are getting a little less exciting for most fans every year.

Yeah, that’s a good point.

I’ve been thinking about all this speculation, and I don’t know if I necessarily see the AAC expanding.

The biggest reason is that I think the AAC is the biggest beneficiary of the MWC’s uneven revenue distribution. Why would the AAC want to alleviate that condition?

For the AAC, 11 teams could be the preferable outcome. Their commissioner Mike Aresco has said on many occasions that they don’t want to raid conferences or keep conferences on tenterhooks.

I think the MWC leaving ESPN is big for the AAC. I’m not sure having Boise sharing ESPN with them more of a preference for AAC brass than Boise remaining in the MWC on FOX/CBS, drawing a much larger share than the remaining MWC teams. That’s a tactical edge, imo, they may not be willing to give up. 

And I don’t see the rest of the MWC getting out of Boise’s revenue straight jacket. That deal in perpetuity will be held up.