Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CsquaredCC

Boise State Has Filed Suit Against the MWC

3 hours ago, nvspuds said:

No, you ignorant ass clown..It is about 1000's of miles and a negotiated agreement between Hawaii and the MW.  I know you just want to stir the shit but you cross the line with crap like that..

Negotiated agreements don’t mean chit in this conference😂😂

Posted Image

2 minutes ago, edluvar said:

Just vote to triple the current payments.   

Taking away those travel subs will put an end to UNR’s NY6 plans and would pretty much bankrupt New Mexico’s athletic department.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

4 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

I can see SDSU, Fresno, UNLV, Nevada, and Hawaii as the core of a new western focused conference. Who else? I don't know.

One would think the approach would be very similar to what the Gang of Five did in forming the MWC. They would quietly commit to each other that they would leave this conference and then give USU and two other schools 48 hours to agree to come along with the caveat that if they didn't accept within that time, someone else would be offered. It seems to me that a fallback could be offering SJSU for football only since that school would be much better off continuing to play the sport with the rest of us while moving its Olys to the Big West. Although SJSU wouldn't figure to earn any more money, it would save a huge amount on travel costs which could be allocated to football while increasing the chances of actually being competitive in basketball. I'll defer to alum93 on this but I would guess NMSU would love to join such a new conference solely for its Olys. That would create a viable conference without even adding another full member and if it got off the ground, an eighth FT school from Texas not named UTEP could perhaps later be added as the MWC did with TCU.

To be clear, as I've said for a couple years now, nothing of the sort will be considered until at least 2024 because everyone is going to wait to see how the new B12 TV deal shakes out.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Just now, Ibanez said:

Of course we do. News today on the AAC board is the UCF fans don't want Boise State on the conference because it gets cold on Boise. They don't want their players to endure that.

Just tell em there is a beach...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

9 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Of course we do. News today on the AAC board is the UCF fans don't want Boise State in the conference because it gets cold otn Boise. They don't want their players to endure that.

Good.

Does any of this seem somewhat familiar. BSU wants  more, threatens consequences if their demands are not met and will almost certainly be involved in talks with “other interested parties”. Last time around the situation was ripe for the MWC to panic and do something stupid. This time around it sounds like more thought was put into this by the conference. Time will tell but, well we’ll see.

1 minute ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Few people want to travel to Idaho in November.  UCF fans aren’t alone in that. With the way the scheduling works out UCF would only travel to Boise once the first six years then twice the second six years...then repeat anyway.  Not a big deal.

November temps in Boise can be in the 50s and 60s. Just more evidence of how ignorant Floridians are. 

37 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

One would think the approach would be very similar to what the Gang of Five did in forming the MWC. They would quietly commit to each other that they would leave this conference and then give USU and two other schools 48 hours to agree to come along with the caveat that if they didn't accept within that time, someone else would be offered. It seems to me that a fallback could be offering SJSU for football only since that school would be much better off continuing to play the sport with the rest of us while moving its Olys to the Big West. Although SJSU wouldn't figure to earn any more money, it would save a huge amount on travel costs which could be allocated to football while increasing the chances of actually being competitive in basketball. I'll defer to alum93 on this but I would guess NMSU would love to join such a new conference solely for its Olys. That would create a viable conference without even adding another full member and if it got off the ground, an eighth FT school from Texas not named UTEP could perhaps later be added as the MWC did with TCU.

To be clear, as I've said for a couple years now, nothing of the sort will be considered until at least 2024 because everyone is going to wait to see how the new B12 TV deal shakes out.

B12 ends in 2024/25, PAC12 ends 2024, College Football Playoff deal ends after 2025/26 season, MWC deal as it currently stands ends 2025/26, Notre Dame's deal ends in 2025, etc.

Potential for a lot of change coming.

10 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

November temps in Boise can be in the 50s and 60s. Just more evidence of how ignorant Floridians are. 

Sure it can be; the warmest day all month was a high of 62 and low of 33 this past November.  Maybe with climate change those days will become more common but that is still colder than the coldest winter day for most Floridians.

6 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

It's really not even cold in Southern Idaho. People wear shorts in November. You big ass vagina.

Wishful thinking on your end.  I personally enjoy the cold.  I couldn’t get out of Fl fast enough due to their weather.  

I’d believe the difference in cold between the north and south in ID.  Thats what people say about the heat and humidity in the panhandle compared to the peninsula btw.  It’s a different ballgame.

6 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Sure it can be; the warmest day all month was a high of 62 and low of 33 this past November.  Maybe with climate change those days will become more common but that is still colder than the coldest winter day for most Floridians.

Wishful thinking on your end.  I personally enjoy the cold.  I couldn’t get out of Fl fast enough due to their weather.  

The November temperature average in Boise is warmer than Cincinnati, Philadelphia, and Annapolis. 

5 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Cold? Doesn’t UCF play Cincinnati and used to play UConn? By the way we do have beaches and you can surf in Boise too.