Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CsquaredCC

Boise State Has Filed Suit Against the MWC

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Yep — I agree that SJSU is going to be the athletics powerhouse in 20 years.

D5wluiFV4AA9Xfx.jpg

Crocks just scream "athlete".

6 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I find it extremely short sighted on the MWCs part to argue over an extra $1.8M to Boise State when they stand to lose at least $50M and likely more in TV revenue if Boise State exits the league. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Conversely, maybe the remaining presidents are willing to pay that price to be done with BSU, the unequal revenue sharing, and separate negotiations. Thompson doesn't live in a vacuum, those statements originated from some where other than his own pea brain. Money would be lost for sure, and likely a bigger sum than what you mention, but nothing so large that the remaining schools would be terrified at the prospect. 

4 minutes ago, AKram said:

Crocks just scream "athlete".

The name on the back of his jersey? You guessed it, "HE HATE ME." 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

Football is a dying sport anyway. In 20 years it will be played regionally, like the southeast and Midwest. But I don’t think there will be many schools on the west coast playing football. 

I would say that too if I was Nevada fan. :D

Just now, mugtang said:

I didn’t realize duck, duck, goose was a sponsored sport at SJSU. 

They used to sponsor Duck Hunt.  'Twas quite the rage at frat parties.

duckhunt.0.jpg

But then at some point in the 2000s everyone called for its ban.  The laughing dog hurt their feelings.  

5 minutes ago, BroncoOrange said:

I would say that too if I was Nevada fan. :D

sarcastic jim carrey GIF

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

37 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

However, I am not sure it is in everyone's best interests for Boise to remain in the conference.  

I agree. It’s time for bsu to move on. Bsu wants more than just being mediocre in football. It’s too bad because the mw fits bsu in a lot of ways but the inability of anyone else in the mw becoming relevant really sucks. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

1 hour ago, SparkysDad said:

While it doesn't necessarily prove 100% that it's true, I believe it's in the outline of the legal "complaint" filed and perjury is a serious offense!  Like I said before, Hair has a history of being unprofessional in his communications as the mouthpiece (hair piece?) of the MWC.

Oh geez...there are many things stated in complaints that are simply not true.  This is whole reason for the litigation process - - to find out whether the complaint is accurate or not.  The other side gets to file an answer stating what is and what  is not true in the complaint and then  both sides are given an opportunity for extensive discovery to find out what the factual truths are.  If a party makes a knowingly false statement in a complaint giving rise to a claim that otherwise would not be available, the typical remedy is Rule of Civil Procedure 11 Sanctions (usually an order for attorneys' fees against the party making the frivolous or untrue claim).

7 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

I agree. It’s time for bsu to move on. Bsu wants more than just being mediocre in football. It’s too bad because the mw fits bsu in a lot of ways but the inability of anyone else in the mw becoming relevant really sucks. 

Just a thought, but if resources and exposure were shared equally amongst the conference members it may be easier for them to not suck.  

But, honestly what more does BSU want. We beat more P5 schools OOC than any other conference.  There were 4 10 win teams, 2 teams finished in the top 25 with a 3rd getting votes not that far out of the top 25.   The conference had 8 bowl teams.  I mean what more can the conference do? 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, nvspuds said:

I agree..The legal complaint ramped up the bad vibes but if all the parties calm down they can work something out.  

I typically tell folks when they ask me that there is no going back from the filing of the complaint and that the decision should not be taken lightly.  It has been my experience that the filing of the complaint causes both parties to dig their heels in and drive up litigation and attorney costs for both sides.  The winners I've typically been able to identify in resorting to the filing of the complaint are the lawyers.  That said, sometimes there are no other options. 

But given that statute of limitations on breach of contract claims are typically for a couple years, it seems strange to me to file a complaint within a month of an alleged breach of contract.  But I am sure this has all been well thought out by Boise's lawyers and they surely have a gameplan and an ultimate desire.  One which I wouldn't think likely to align with that of the MWC.  Pure speculation by me though.

6 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Just a thought, but if resources and exposure were shared equally amongst the conference members it may be easier for them to not suck.  

But, honestly what more does BSU want. We beat more P5 schools OOC than any other conference.  There were 4 10 win teams, 2 teams finished in the top 25 with a 3rd getting votes not that far out of the top 25.   The conference had 8 bowl teams.  I mean what more can the conference do? 

So, $180K would suddenly make everyone so much better?  As for exposure, that is dictated by the TV networks.  Is the MWC gong to tell Fox it can have the Boise home games but they also have to broadcast the New Mexico home games?  

down in a hole.jpg

1 minute ago, Broncomare said:

So, $180K would suddenly make everyone so much better?  As for exposure, that is dictated by the TV networks.  Is the MWC gong to tell Fox it can have the Boise home games but they also have to broadcast the New Mexico home games?  

It’s actually $163k. About the cost of a dinner in Jackson. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

5 minutes ago, HRam said:

Let’s get this to a 100 pages 

What is the largest thread ever and how many pages did it reach?

down in a hole.jpg