Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CsquaredCC

Boise State Has Filed Suit Against the MWC

16 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Stay tuned. Boise State will soon tell SUDS exactly what it must do. 

This is all a pipe dream unless BYU is coming with Boise or if Boise is going alone and sacrificing the rest of it's AD for FB only in AAC...JMO

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I get what you’re saying but not sure that university presidents equate what’s in front of them with what has transpired in the past under different administrations. For instance, would a university president attach the past decisions of Swingin Dick Kustra and Coyle with Tromp and Apsey? I’m honestly not sure but I would like to think senior administrators of universities have a different lens on these matters than message board fans. :shrug:

I think the issue is more along the lines of the institutional jive of entitlement that pervades everything the program does. 

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Money is ruining college sports. I’m to the point where I wouldn’t mind if Congress came in and regulated them. 

I have to admit, while I HATE being FCS, it is really great to concentrate on the game again instead of conference bullshit and fighting over nickels.

24 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

I thought Boise was every college football fan's 2nd favorite team..

No, they're "america's team"  Don't you remember when they advised America of that?

3 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

This is all a pipe dream unless BYU is coming with Boise or if Boise is going alone and sacrificing the rest of it's AD for FB only in AAC...JMO

Agreed. Boise State won’t/can’t make a move without BYU and another MWC school to set up a true all sports western division in the AAC. A hybrid move would be short-sighted and dumb.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 hours ago, bornsilverandblue said:

It used to be a friendly, “traditional” rivalry.  Now, with a few notable exceptions, they’re becoming toxic to be around.  Whereas Utah St would still be a friendly rivalry, Boise St is entering UNLV-level “go to hell.”

Funny that one of the “exceptions“ just reacted to this. :cheers: @Broncomare

Well, I have to face palm or idiot every Nevada fan, to make up for you guys throwing me down the stairs!  :lol:

Sorry, didn't realize i was an exception!  Now, that I know I'm not toxic, I will respond accordingly!  :cheers:

down in a hole.jpg

5 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

I think the issue is more along the lines of the institutional jive of entitlement that pervades everything the program does. 

I have to admit, while I HATE being FCS, it is really great to concentrate on the game again instead of conference bullshit and fighting over nickels.

No, they're "america's team"  Don't you remember when they advised America of that?

And being irrelevant in the landscape of college athletics. Next step for the Vandellas, intramurals brotha.

59 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

I don't think those schools have a comparable agenda.  BYU wants exposure and a national schedule to showcase their brand and let their national fan base go to games.  

Boise has a regional fan base and has made their name off of NY6 bowls (BCS Bowls).  They want exposure as well but I think the Access Bowl is important to them.  They also don't have the added benefit of a national fan base like BYU to interest other schools in scheduling.  

Boise’s best chance at an access bowl year in year out without question comes as a member of the MWC, and they know that. This clearly seems to be a money issue, and the most money would be in going indy, not the AAC. Between increased travel costs and exit and entrance fees it would be years before moving to the AAC for football was profitable. 

I just don’t see it. 

10 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

And being irrelevant in the landscape of college athletics. Next step for the Vandellas, intramurals brotha.

Really, in the grand scheme of things, there are only about 10 maybe 15 schools who are relevant in college football and basketball.  I don't mean a school being relevant at both, but that many schools relevant total.  

30 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Stay tuned. Boise State will soon tell SUDS exactly what it must do. 

LOL....

SDSU is in the MWC for the long haul. The only possible out would be as I've stated before; a geographically balanced BOR or a Pac-12 invite.

The Blue Turds are overplaying their hand. This stupid ass lawsuit is a last gasp effort to secure a nominal revenue increase ( and unfair competitive advantage) because they know all other options are foreclosed. 

I'd rather have to travel to DFW and play UNT than put up with BoiZEE's lame ass, tired, shop-worn act.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 minute ago, SDSUfan said:

LOL....

SDSU is in the MWC for the long haul. The only possible out would be as I've stated before; a geographically balanced BOR or a Pac-12 invite.

The Blue Turds are overplaying their hand. This stupid ass lawsuit is a last gasp effort to secure a nominal revenue increase ( and unfair competitive advantage) because they know all other options are foreclosed. 

I'd rather have to travel to DFW and play UNT than put up with BoiZEE's lame ass, tired, shop-worn act.

Tough talk coming from our little lap dog. Lol

What I find interesting, is everyone bad mouthing Boise State, knows deep down if it were their school, they would be doing the same thing.  I don't think we have the full story - on either side.  Just a lot of speculation.  I personally would hate for Boise State to leave the MWC, unless if it was for a P5 invite.  This conference makes sense for regional travel and rivalries.  It sounds to me like Hair was talking out of school when he was here for the MWC Championship game and Boise State was blind sided by what occurred at the Board meeting in mid-December.   I would like to think that Boise was trying to work this out behind closed doors, until Hair opened his mouth.  I also think that Boise State wouldn't start filing on the "divorce" without looking at all of the ramifications and having an Ace in the hole.  I hope in the long run, cooler heads prevail and we all become one big happy, piss bombs, throwing people down stairs, steeling wheelchairs, meeting in the Best Buy parking lot, family again!!

down in a hole.jpg

1 hour ago, Rosegreen said:

As I said before, I don’t know if that’s true that hair promised a discussion of escalators/increases in the Boise deal. That would be unlike Hair to go off on his own when his bosses have a different agenda. 

Theres a lot of irrational criticism towards hair, first he was too mean to Wichita St, now he’s an appeaser. Bottom line is, Hair needs to stick to the script given to him by the Presidents. 

While it doesn't necessarily prove 100% that it's true, I believe it's in the outline of the legal "complaint" filed and perjury is a serious offense!  Like I said before, Hair has a history of being unprofessional in his communications as the mouthpiece (hair piece?) of the MWC.

2 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

What I find interesting, is everyone bad mouthing Boise State, knows deep down if it were their school, they would be doing the same thing.  I don't think we have the full story - on either side.  Just a lot of speculation.  I personally would hate for Boise State to leave the MWC, unless if it was for a P5 invite.  This conference makes sense for regional travel and rivalries.  It sounds to me like Hair was talking out of school when he was here for the MWC Championship game and Boise State was blind sided by what occurred at the Board meeting in mid-December.   I would like to think that Boise was trying to work this out behind closed doors, until Hair opened his mouth.  I also think that Boise State wouldn't start filing on the "divorce" without looking at all of the ramifications and having an Ace in the hole.  I hope in the long run, cooler heads prevail and we all become one big happy, piss bombs, throwing people down stairs, steeling wheelchairs, meeting in the Best Buy parking lot, family!!

We are family.  Boise State and UNLV.

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Yep — I agree that SJSU is going to be the athletics powerhouse in 20 years.

D5wluiFV4AA9Xfx.jpg

I didn’t realize duck, duck, goose was a sponsored sport at SJSU. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I find it extremely short sighted on the MWCs part to argue over an extra $1.8M to Boise State when they stand to lose at least $50M and likely more in TV revenue if Boise State exits the league. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

To be fair, both sides just need to chill the +++++ out. 

2 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

Any sport you can play in crocs is awesome..

Dude, I know they’re not “hip” but crocs are +++++ing awesome to wear around the house. I hate the fact society now looks down on those who wear them or who masterbate on airplanes.

Just now, BSUTOP25 said:

Dude, I know they’re not “hip” but crocs are +++++ing awesome to wear around the house. I hate the fact society now looks down on those who wear them or who masterbate on airplanes.

blinking trailer park boys GIF

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater