Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CsquaredCC

Boise State Has Filed Suit Against the MWC

3 minutes ago, TheJackel said:

I legit had to go back and count how many posts there were on a page.  Then I waited...

20 per page B) 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, sactowndog said:

True but some of the 1.8M likely gets put into facilities that I am sure Harsin also points to...

At the end of the day, the $1.8M is not that big of a delta — certainly not big enough to ruin a conference relationship over. My personal view has consistently been that the tv exposure is a far bigger consideration for Boise State than the $1.8M. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

11 minutes ago, Hoser said:

So you want something else for congress to put their good ole boy fingers into?  No thanks, but I do agree that money in college FB is what is making the room smell bad.

When you think about it, ~90% of the schools receive federal money. Then they operate a major revenue generator (sports) with inequalities in access and distribution. And distribution doesn’t always depend on performance but rather affiliation. 

46 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

No NY6 bowl chance. November games will be tougher to schedule, but they could probably schedule the Indy schools but that front loads the schedule more with P5 schools.  

Eh, I dunno. I think if those issues were that bad we would have seen BYU go to the AAC by now. 

2 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

If you are talking about teams that win and put butts in seats, why is CSEwe on that list?

Where Wyo goes the ewes go.  They don't realize it yet but Wyo's Big 12 wrestling program is their ticket to eventually, maybe someday invite to the Big 12. :whistle:

Still would be a shame to bust up that great gopher-sheep rivalry.  One good year and all of a sudden Minnesota thinks their place is competing in the B$G.  What can you say, egos.  Shame really.

As for this I know I do not have all the info to fully form my opinion.  I will say it is time for BSU to act like the other top programs in other conferences and accept that raising all boats is better in the long run than getting preferential treatment.

35 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Money is ruining college sports. I’m to the point where I wouldn’t mind if Congress came in and regulated them. 

Been saying this for years on here, though not the Congress part. The problem is that all these decisions are being made for the money right now, but the bubble is bursting eventually in college football. Everyone is putting their chips on the table for network TV contracts. Is there a person in the world who, with a straight face, will tell you that Network TV is the future for anything? Let along mid-major college football?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

13 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

If Hair did promise that Boise would get consideration of an increase without the consent of the B.O.D then yeah that was his mistake. 

He sounds like those guys we all know at work who needs everyone to like them so they avoid confrontation and conflict by playing both sides of the fence depending on who they're talking to at the time.

Just now, smltwnrckr said:

Been saying this for years on here, though not the Congress part. The problem is that all these decisions are being made for the money right now, but the bubble is bursting eventually in college football. Everyone is putting their chips on the table for network TV contracts. Is there a person in the world who, with a straight face, will tell you that Network TV is the future for anything? Let along mid-major college football?

Football is a dying sport anyway. In 20 years it will be played regionally, like the southeast and Midwest. But I don’t think there will be many schools on the west coast playing football. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

7 hours ago, kingpotato said:

The problem is that Boise never asked for "more." They were fine and signed off. It was after the fact that they were told that they weren't going to get what they were told that they asked for more than what was promised. They were forced to explore options. The strange thing about exploring options is that the worst that can happen for Boise is that they do nothing. The best that can happen for the MW is that Boise does nothing. None of this should have happened

Doesn't paragraphs 28, 29 and 30 in the filing discuss Thompson, Tromp and Apsey talking at the the championship game in December about BSU getting more money beyond $1.8 million extra? That was before the conference board meeting.

Just a dumb question here, because i haven’t been following the tv contract situation,  and because Im just a dumb NM fan... but has an actual new TV contract been signed? If not, then isn't this thread all just an exercise in sword fighting? 
If we don’t even know what the payouts will be yet, i would hope we (the MWC), isn’t dumb enough to sign a contract, without knowing the payouts?

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Just now, FresnoFacts said:

Doesn't paragraphs 28, 29 and 30 in the filing discuss Thompson, Tromp and Apsey talking at the the championship game in December about BSU getting more money beyond $1.8 million extra? That was before the conference board meeting.

Yes it does. 

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

Football is a dying sport anyway. In 20 years it will be played regionally, like the southeast and Midwest. But I don’t think there will be many schools on the west coast playing football. 

Yep — I agree that SJSU is going to be the athletics powerhouse in 20 years.

D5wluiFV4AA9Xfx.jpg

I'd rather the conference move forward without Boise than to pay them a single cent more than what they are currently receiving. No team is irreplaceable.

Good luck in the AAC. We'll find a team, in a state that matters, with some growth potential and keep steppin'

Don't let the door hit you  on the ass on your way out.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

2 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

Yes..You do realize I have been trolling the hell out of the Boise posters for this entire thread..

So the trolls are going back and forth trolling each other and @mugtang is just sitting back watching the thread pages mount beautifully.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

Just now, bornsilverandblue said:

So the trolls are going back and forth trolling each other and @mugtang is just sitting back watching the thread pages mount beautifully.

I just wish this happened in December, not January when ad rates plummet due to the shopping season ending. 

2 minutes ago, SparkysDad said:

He sounds like those guys we all know at work who needs everyone to like them so they avoid confrontation and conflict by playing both sides of the fence depending on who they're talking to at the time.

As I said before, I don’t know if that’s true that hair promised a discussion of escalators/increases in the Boise deal. That would be unlike Hair to go off on his own when his bosses have a different agenda. 

Theres a lot of irrational criticism towards hair, first he was too mean to Wichita St, now he’s an appeaser. Bottom line is, Hair needs to stick to the script given to him by the Presidents.