Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CsquaredCC

Boise State Has Filed Suit Against the MWC

7 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Like I said, me personally, I don't want Boise to leave the MW. But it is apparent that many of the new presidents were not happy with Boise's agreed upon arrangement. The MW forced Boise to show that they still hold leverage in negotiating what was already freely given to them. I'm certain they would leave if the MW wants to ride this out, but I don't think they want to. In the end, I think they'll all work it out with some of the presidents gaining a little more knowledge of the situation. Boise fans will still get to swing their deck on this board about the term sheet deal. 

Honestly, I don't bag on Hair like most do on this board, but he really created this shet storm with unbelievably poor poor tact and an awful choice of words. None of this needed to happen. 

People need to understand that Hair isn’t a rogue Commish, he has the backing of the board of directors (all MW presidents) sans Boise on this. This is coming from the MW Presidents. 

1 minute ago, Rosegreen said:

People need to understand that Hair isn’t a rogue Commish, he has the backing of the board of directors (all MW presidents) sans Boise on this. This is coming from the MW Presidents. 

This is true, however he seems to have a knack for phucking things up.

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

Not true. Boise just wants the MWC to honor the terms of the agreement that both parties signed. 

Actually those terms were honored.  Boise wants new and better terms.

Just now, Headbutt said:

Actually those terms were honored.  Boise wants new and better terms.

That's only a small part of the issue. The fact they want to terminate the tv deal is the driving force behind all of this.

Just now, soupslam1 said:

Not true. Boise just wants the MWC to honor the terms of the agreement that both parties signed. 

They did honor it, this 6 year deal gave Boise their deal which in the original agreement covers the future wording in the agreement. Boise doesn’t like that it’s not in perpetuity, which isn’t in the deal. The MW Presidents aren’t going to give you that, they were pretty clear through Hair that it’ll be policy that member institutions will be equal members. 

2 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

Either you don't know jack sh-t about Jackson, or you're just chumming...

I love how my comments on Jackson get you all wound up.  

I’ve spent time in Jackson, Big Sky and Ketchum - Jackson is a far distant third between the three.  

I’m a fly fisherman, I don’t chum - and there’s a reason why the Jackson outfitters fish in Idaho and not in Wyoming.  

1 minute ago, BroncoOrange said:

A commissioner should also know how to be diplomatic.  Craig Thompson ain't diplomatic in the least.

2 minutes ago, BroncoOrange said:

Not really, he’s just the mouthpiece for the Presidents and the guy that bears the brunt of the criticism. That’s his job. 

2 minutes ago, BroncoOrange said:

That's only a small part of the issue. The fact they want to terminate the tv deal is the driving force behind all of this.

No termination of the TV deal has been proposed.  There have been changes suggested, good changes for both sides IMO.

Just now, nvspuds said:

I think the potential out of court settlement will be allowing Boise to leave as soon as next August with no exit fees in exchange for dropping the law suit.  

How much is the exit fee?  There didn't used to be one.

Just now, jdgaucho said:

A commissioner should also know how to be diplomatic.  Craig Thompson ain't diplomatic in the least.

This is very true. Also when was the last time you saw him on TV  promoting the conference? Really, what does he do that helps the conference that someone else couldn't easily do?

3 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Not really, he’s just the mouthpiece for the Presidents and the guy that bears the brunt of the criticism. That’s his job. 

A mouthpiece with no charisma or salesmanship.

2 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

How much is the exit fee?  There didn't used to be one.

I don't know if there is an exit fee but there would have to be some unwinding of schedules and joint academic endeavors.  The really nice part for Boise would be getting to leave early.. 

5 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

All conference commissioners are just the mouthpiece for the presidents.  How come this mouthpiece screws it up so much?