Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CsquaredCC

Boise State Has Filed Suit Against the MWC

1 minute ago, sactowndog said:

So your saying Fox never had a valid contract?  Interesting.  So who is that on?  It’s not like it was hidden BSU had to approve their TV deal.   Fox should have known. 

It’s truly a strange situation.   From the BSU lawsuit it looks like Hair was materially misrepresenting facts to Tromp and Apsey.   BSU never voted on the media deal.   I guess it would be up to fox to honor it without BSU or renegotiate 

Posted Image

6 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

We shall see how much the MW suffers.  The value of the MWC is in the 7:30 time slot.  Boise leaving changes that a little as the AAC can have some 7:30 time slot games but with 1 school not a lot.   Losing two schools would be a different calculation.  

additionally we shall see how AAC schools like having their teams playing at 10:30 Pacific.   I suspect it won’t be very popular with schools in the eastern time zone.   The key to mitigate the impact is force Boise to play eastern teams while we (the MWC) play western teams.   

The TV deal will be lowered, possibly significantly, make no mistake about that if Boise leaves.  

4 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Which is true.  But from my cursory glance BSU is complaining about payments ending in 6 years. 

IMO Hair told Tromp they would get more than 1.8 if they went with Fox while saying at the same time he would end the BSU deal to the rest of the mwcs presidents.    Any man who has dated more than 1 woman at once knows exactly what he was doing 

Posted Image

Just now, edluvar said:

IMO Hair told Tromp they would get more than 1.8 if they went with Fox while saying at the same time he would end the BSU deal to the rest of the mwcs presidents.    Any man who has dated more than 1 woman at once knows exactly what he was doing 

Off topic but I swear every time I see Tromp I think it says Trump and I’m like WTF does Trump have to do with this. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, edluvar said:

N It’s truly a strange situation.   From the BSU lawsuit it looks like Hair was materially misrepresenting facts to Tromp and Apsey.   BSU never voted on the media deal.   I guess it would be up to fox to honor it without BSU or renegotiate 

Well that would be BSU’s statement which may or may not be true.....  from what I have heard the following is true....

1) Boise’s contract is pretty tight the television rights must be sold and Boise given their tribute 

2) Boise can’t lock the other schools into a tribute forever if they don’t want to participate in the membership agreement.

3) Boise can request to be made whole which means moving to the AAC without an exit fee and keeping if earned any basketball credits.

do you agree?   Thompson may have been told to say this statement now as the AAC has an opening and it limits any damages Boise can claim as they are free to go.   

2 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Well that would be BSU’s statement which may or may not be true.....  from what I have heard the following is true....

1) Boise’s contract is pretty tight the television rights must be sold and Boise given their tribute 

2) Boise can’t lock the other schools into a tribute forever if they don’t want to participate in the membership agreement.

3) Boise can request to be made whole which means moving to the AAC without an exit fee and keeping if earned any basketball credits.

do you agree?   Thompson may have been told to say this statement now as the AAC has an opening and it limits any damages Boise can claim as they are free to go.   

I would agree with that.   In addition BSU would retain its TV rights and the MWC contract would be negotiated again without BSU and perhaps with a new member like Rice or UTEP

Posted Image

9 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

I'm in favor of staying in the MWC. Looking at where football and basketball should be next year I feel like we are getting stronger as a conference after a stale last few years. O feel like Boise should get an extra $1.8 million and that's it. I think when it comes to actual TV negotiations I feel like we do not help the conference by using all of the prime game slots. Plus, I like hoops. I have no desire to see BSU playing on gyms that hold 3000 people in Shitville, California.

So don't say bye to me.

Again, I would be happy to have Boise stay with a true performance incentive available to all schools and encourage schools to write employment contracts enhanced with performance incentives.  I think at the end of the day the conference gets better.....

but I also believe the current model makes the conference worse.  

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

That's why this took so long. That's one of the things I was right about. (Granted a few things changed on me and made me look like a dumbass 😂) but ESPN and BSU was still in negotiations when BSU got the call saying the deal was finalized.

I'm fine admitting when I am wrong. But if I make a statement and it changes more than a week later and someone tries to he cute and correct me, yeah, I don't wanna hear it.

I think you might be right.

Seemed really odd that Boise would have willingly dropped their relationship with ESPN...

The longer this goes, the more likely it is that Air Force panics and bolts to the AAC.  Howdy Doody already had made statements bashing the MWC, and Air Force is a national school, so they could easily join the AAC.

If that happens, all hell will break loose.  Fox will lower the TV contract.

3 minutes ago, edluvar said:

I would agree with that.   In addition BSU would retain its TV rights and the MWC contract would be negotiated again without BSU and perhaps with a new member like Rice or UTEP

Yeah by retain its TV rights I assume Boise will be out of the conference either as an independent or a member of the AAC.  

Guest #1Stunner
7 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

Perfect. Blow up this shit conference. 

Aren't you the guy that has gone on for years saying how much you love the MWC, and how great it is?  Where can Boise possibly go besides the MWC?

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

Seemed really odd that Boise would have willingly dropped their relationship with ESPN...

The longer this goes, the more likely it is that Air Force panics and bolts to the AAC.  Howdy Doody already had made statements bashing the MWC, and Air Force is a national school, so they could easily join the AAC.

I doubt Air Force goes if Boise takes that spot.   

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

How funny would it be if AF bolts to the AAC, steals Boise's spot and then the MW and Boise have to reconcile as Boise has nowhere to go.

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, Wyobraska said:

How funny would it be if AF bolts to the AAC, steals Boise's spot and then the MW and Boise have to reconcile as Boise has nowhere to go.

It could certainly happen.

AAC has to be loving this mess Hair created.  What was he thinking, trying to get a TV deal done, when the conference doesn't even agree on what Boise's rights are?  Hair should have set the rights and expectations years ago.

13 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Nah, it will be a large monetary figure.  How does 15 mil sound?