Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CsquaredCC

Boise State Has Filed Suit Against the MWC

Guest #1Stunner
40 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

Boise is going to win this..They are going to sue the MW themselves and hope that CBS and Fox sue the MW as well..You can't burn it down better than that..

This is turning out to be a disaster.

Only Hair Thompson, the University of Wyoming, and the Mountain West Conference could mess something up this bad.

22 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Read the thread.  We weren't discussing the AAC.  We were discussing BSU and the television agreement and whether Fox or ESPN was what they wanted/the best deal.  But now you're bringing up irrelevant information.  Sorry we weren't discussing your beloved POWER 6! conference. 

Wrong.  Seems you haven’t been paying attention.  Though that is essentially what I said already in the post you quoted.  Way to prove me right.  

1 minute ago, sactowndog said:

They didn’t violate it.  They said they intend to violate it in 6 years.   

Boise state never voted to approve the contract.  Per the BSU term sheet both BSU and the MWC need to mutually agree on the sale of BSUs home games.   That is the violation.   

Posted Image

1 minute ago, edluvar said:

Boise state never voted to approve the contract.  Per the BSU term sheet both BSU and the MWC need to mutually agree on the sale of BSUs home games.   That is the violation.   

How is it a violation if they didn’t sign it though? Wouldn’t it just mean there’s no contract? It just doesn’t add up.  

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Only Hair Thompson, the University of Wyoming, and the Mountain West Conference could mess something up this bad.

I see it as a positive..Boise is unhappy and wants to sue..I am not sure there is any coming back from that.

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, RSF said:

Could have saved about 10 pages of whining and kveching if this had come earlier.

Otoh...people have to read it for that to happen....

The link no longer works.

Hair needs to have an emergency conference call.

If Air Force gets an itchy trigger finger and panics and jumps to the AAC, we might be looking at an implosion.

1 hour ago, nvspuds said:

It does appear that Boise wants to burn it down.  They have been pissed off at the MW since the WAC days.  If and when Boise bolts MW football will suffer and the tv deal won't be as good.  For all the other sports losing Boise is ...meh...No difference..

We shall see how much the MW suffers.  The value of the MWC is in the 7:30 time slot.  Boise leaving changes that a little as the AAC can have some 7:30 time slot games but with 1 school not a lot.   Losing two schools would be a different calculation.  

additionally we shall see how AAC schools like having their teams playing at 10:30 Pacific.   I suspect it won’t be very popular with schools in the eastern time zone.   The key to mitigate the impact is force Boise to play eastern teams while we (the MWC) play western teams.   

Just now, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

How is it a violation if they didn’t sign it though? Wouldn’t it just mean there’s no contract? It just doesn’t add up.  

The MWC announcement of the contact with Hairs additional comments about ending the BSU deal pretty much showed the MWC either didn’t care that BSU didn’t mutually agree or they thought they could strong arm Dr Tromp because she is new.   IMO it’s BSUs contention that without mutual agreement there can be no contract.   

Posted Image

5 minutes ago, edluvar said:

So your saying Fox never had a valid contract?  Interesting.  So who is that on?  It’s not like it was hidden BSU had to approve their TV deal.   Fox should have known. 

1 minute ago, Ibanez said:

Boise would still get special treatment even in the AAC. That will be all the AAC fans talk about for years. Every time Aresco mentions P6 the word Boise will come right after.

Hell, Boise is the reason you and the other clowns showed up over here. The minute this news broke AAC fans started looking like a horny pup with that little pink thing hanging out. 

Bye

9 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Wrong.  Seems you haven’t been paying attention.  Though that is essentially what I said already in the post you quoted.  Way to prove me right.  

Lol ok

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, Brew_Poke said:

I mean, didn't more of us than just me predict that they would of course demand more and more? It's so obvious. They don't want to be partners. They want a different relationship, with yes men.

As soon as another program tries to win games and build a program instead of cashing checks it’s all +++++ed. Bsu needs to just leave and let you guys do your .500 thing. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

3 minutes ago, edluvar said:

The MWC announcement of the contact with Hairs additional comments about ending the BSU deal pretty much showed the MWC either didn’t care that BSU didn’t mutually agree or they thought they could strong arm Dr Tromp because she is new.   IMO it’s BSUs contention that without mutual agreement there can be no contract.   

Which is true.  But from my cursory glance BSU is complaining about payments ending in 6 years. 

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, edluvar said:

Good analysis.

The MWC / Hair have some gall to try and "vote out" an iron clad contract, that they agreed to.

And I think you are probably right.  They tried to move on it because they thought they could bully Boise's new female President into not fighting or challenging it.

3 minutes ago, edluvar said:

Let’s not forget that Hair works for the MWC presidents, and if most of them are telling him they aren’t onboard with giving BSU preferential contracts in the future, then that’s what he’s going to do and say.