Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CsquaredCC

Boise State Has Filed Suit Against the MWC

5 minutes ago, edluvar said:

I got out of it BSU wanted espn.   Hair made promises of extra $ to BSU by going with Fox and CBS.   Hair and the other presidents then voted to end the additional payments in the future.   Negotiations were materially misrepresented 

Do you know for sure whether or not ESPN wanted Boise?  I mean on TV, not just streaming.

2 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

As per the re-entry agreement, but who is to say that BSU could’ve received more for their home games with ESPN but that network wasn’t offering the most for the rest of the conference.  

BSU is not a part of the MWC when it comes to TV rights, they have to agree with the contract.  

So BSU would take less money to be on ESPN?  That doesn't make any business sense.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

As per the re-entry agreement, but who is to say that BSU could’ve received more for their home games with ESPN but that network wasn’t offering the most for the rest of the conference.  

BSU is not a part of the MWC when it comes to TV rights, they have to agree with the contract.  

The entire conference has to agree with the contract, and Boise cannot negotiate anything without the consent of the MWC.  That is in the contract just as the MWC cannot negotiate a different deal for Boise without Boise's consent.  Nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, happened in those negotiations without Boise signing off on it.

3 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

This could have all been avoided if Bose had been allowed to be involved in the negotiations, and if they had been at the table when the MWC voted on it.

Oh, wait....they were.

Seriously?  What a bunch of horseshit.  Boise approved the contract and is now crying about it?

Read the complaint >> Boise did not approve the contract.

Also, Hair said that ESPN offered more $$ but the conference wanted a shorter term than what ESPN was willing to provide.

Just now, Headbutt said:

This could have all been avoided if Bose had been allowed to be involved in the negotiations, and if they had been at the table when the MWC voted on it.

Oh, wait....they were.

Seriously?  What a bunch of horseshit.  Boise approved the contract and is now crying about it?

Please provide the documentation where Boise agreed to the contract.  The complaint indicates they did not. I'm sure the MWC would be more than happy to see your legally binding facts so they can put this to rest.

19 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

It does appear that Boise wants to burn it down.  They have been pissed off at the MW since the WAC days.  If and when Boise bolts MW football will suffer and the tv deal won't be as good.  For all the other sports losing Boise is ...meh...No difference..

It’s Hair that fired first public shots, remember that.  

This could’ve possibly been resolved behind closed doors otherwise - whether that means BSU goes or stays.  

3 minutes ago, baileyake said:

Read the complaint >> Boise did not approve the contract.

Also, Hair said that ESPN offered more $$ but the conference wanted a shorter term than what ESPN was willing to provide.

Where did Hair say ESPN offered more money for a longer term deal?  I was on the conference call, he never said that. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, BSUFan said:

Please provide the documentation where Boise agreed to the contract.  The complaint indicates they did not. I'm sure the MWC would be more than happy to see your legally binding facts so they can put this to rest.

So you're stating that the conference held a vote on the contract but excluded Boise as it was a secret meeting without Boise.  Run with that.  You'll look really smart.

3 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

The entire conference has to agree with the contract, and Boise cannot negotiate anything without the consent of the MWC.  That is in the contract just as the MWC cannot negotiate a different deal for Boise without Boise's consent.  Nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, happened in those negotiations without Boise signing off on it.

Boise signed off on NOTHING!

7 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

It was my understanding that you guys get your $1.8 extra but the rest goes to the conference anyway.  You guys don't get an extra cut based on whoever broadcasts your games.  

Just now, tailingpermit said:

This could’ve possibly been resolved behind closed doors otherwise - whether that means BSU goes or stays.  

Hair went full sactowndog with his understanding of the contract.   

Posted Image

1 minute ago, tailingpermit said:

Methinks this is going to court and it will take a couple of years to hash that out.  You will win and lose..It is just the way it is when the lawyers get into the mix.

Just now, tailingpermit said:

Boise signed off on NOTHING!

OK.  Sure.  

I'm a little dismayed that the conference broke the rules and didn't include Boise in the discussions.  What a waste of time that they had Apsey involved in the negotiations.

1 minute ago, Headbutt said:

So you're stating that the conference held a vote on the contract but excluded Boise as it was a secret meeting without Boise.  Run with that.  You'll look really smart.

Read the complaint >> Boise voted no.

1 minute ago, Headbutt said:

OK.  Sure.  

I'm a little dismayed that the conference broke the rules and didn't include Boise in the discussions.  What a waste of time that they had Apsey involved in the negotiations.

Was it not part of the filed complaint that Boise State was not given all information on the FOX/CBS deal?

1 minute ago, tailingpermit said:

Show me the contract that ESPN was offering to BSU alone.  

Prove ESPN offered a more lucrative contract than the Fox one.  I mean even if ESPN bid on it alone, it doesn't mean you guys would get more money.   You could've ended with significantly less money had there been a 3 way split. 

4 hours ago, Rambouche said:

That's a tad hyperbolic, no? SJSU brings nothing...Wyoming brings nothing...CSU is a tier 1 research university in the footprint a major media market with P5-level football facilities...UNLV brings an international tourist destination, a booming media market, a new stadium, etc...I would actually put UNM and UNR as the next up before Fresno and USU. Fresno is a commuter school in a s***-hole city...I LOVE Logan, but that school is a DISTANT 3rd in the hearts and minds of Utahans that is separated from the population on the Wasatch Front...

FB wise they bring very little to the table. What's the point of having schools in your conference that very few follow ?

I wasn't looking at pop centers, but more which teams have a solid fan following and on field success.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

4 minutes ago, baileyake said:

Read the complaint >> Boise voted no.

BSU voted no on an amendment to the agreement that they had already signed off on.

This is a f***king soap opera.  Boise needs to quit whining.  Either get on board or hit the road.  It's pretty simple.