Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CsquaredCC

Boise State Has Filed Suit Against the MWC

3 hours ago, JuwanHWolv said:

I wonder how this may impact the necessity of any exit fee.

The MW isn't bright enough to pull a BW and stiff arm Boise for an exit fee.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

3 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Can we get a video stream of the trial when it happens? 

Hair will not allow video streaming or witnesses to be called. He will subvert the process and turn it into a partisan brawl.

Americans Mayor

3 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Hair will not allow video streaming or witnesses to be called. He will subvert the process and turn it into a partisan brawl.

Last thing I saw on the stream was this.  And then, the feed cut out

college football GIF

2 hours ago, Rambouche said:

So if Boise is ready to burn bridges and doesn't have an appealing landing spot, maybe it's time revisit conference realignment? My dream for the best of the rest....the conference could still be really strong bumping to 14 or 16 (UNM..UNR..ECU...).travel is viable for the olys and some traditional rivalries get to survive...

(West)

Boise

BYU

CSU USU

SDSU

UNLV   Fresno

Air Force 

(East)

UCF

USF

Houston

Memphis

Cincinnati

SMU

fify.

CSU and UNLV bring nothing in fb.

Nada, zip, zero, zilch.

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

So, Boise is prematurely filing a lawsuit since they’re going to continue to receive the $1.8 million for the next 6 years. I suspect this lawsuit gets tossed then as Boise hasn’t suffered any damages. 

I agree with this to an extent. It appears that Boise might not have standing.

However, the allegation is breach of contract, so if one party breaks a contract wouldn't there be liability regardless?

2 hours ago, Spazdog said:

The Mountain West needs Boise State more than Boise State needs the Mountain West.  If BSU leaves, who's going to take west coast time slots on any network?  My bet is that the PAC12 will be the beneficiaries.  

Both SDSU and Fresno have plenty of late kickoffs to accommodate the networks.

Americans Mayor

>Contrary to Mr. Thompson's recognition of Boise State's pivotal role in the MWC securing the more lucrative CBS/Fox agreement and his statement that Mr. Jordan would emphasize this role at the Board of Directors meeting in order to address Boise State's reasonable demand for receipt of a proportionate share of that increased revenue, neither Mr. Jordan nor Mr. Thompson did any such thing. Instead, at the Board of Directors meeting, Mr. Jordan and Mr. Thompson presented eight alternatives, none of which addressed an increase in the bonus to be paid to Boise State. Instead, all eight alternatives addressed different methods for phasing out and ultimately ending the already agreed to $ 1.8 million bonus to Boise State and entering into uniform agreements with all member institutions under which every member institution, regardless of their contribution to the television revenue, received equal distributions.

>... the MWC offered only alternatives to decrease and end any bonus to Boise State.

>During the December 15 and 16,2019 Board of Directors meeting, the directors voted on two important issues: (1) whether to accept or reject the CBSffox agreement; and (2) whether to continue paying Boise State the $1.8 million agreed to in the Re-Entry Agreement Amendment for six more years (coincidentally, the term of the CBS/Fox agreement), after which that payment would cease.

>Prior to voting on whether to accept or reject the CBS/Fox agreement, the MWC provided Boise State with only minimal information as to the basic proposed terms of the agreement. ... Essentially, the MWC refused to provide Boise State with vital information on the proposed agreement's material terms, and thereby deprived Boise State of a meaningful opportunity to evaluate whether the agreement was acceptable or not.

>Because it lacked the required information on the CBS/Fox agreement's material terms and because the MWC, ... **Boise State (1) did not vote to approve or accept the CBS/Fox agreement; and (2) opposed the termination of the Re-Entry Agreement Amendment's $1.8 million bonus.** (emphasis mine)

>Based on these votes, and pursuant to the express terms ofthe Re-Entry Agreement as amended by the Re-Entry Agreement Amendment, the MWC could not adopt either course of action. Despite this fact, it accepted both, **a course of action that was contrary to and in breach of the MWC's contract with Boise State and in violation of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing implied therein.** (emphasis mine)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ NOT A LAWYER BUT WOULD ONE OF THE LAWYERS ON THIS SITE PLEASE COMMENT ON THE ABOVE.  Thanks 

Whenever Boise is involved in football television rights negotiations I always picture them as Teddy KGB in Rounders.

Boise brass to Hair:

"Vièry aggrièssive, a new guy. And you won't be pushed around!"

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Wow.  Boise has a massively huge @Jeffkills set of balls, if true.

Stunner, we both know the power of the Dark side, considering our respective BSU/BYU fandom...

Bet you some delicious ice cream that if BSU doesn’t get what it wants, we’ll likely approach you guys seeking to enter the AAC or hop on the Indy train with you guys for a while...

I don’t think anyone can argue that a BSU/BYU unified front is much better for those schools than their individual efforts...

New-Signature.jpg

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Completely disagree.  The landscape has changed substantially since the re-entry agreement took place.  At the time, the MWC was trying to position itself as the best G5 conference and hopefully have an annual (or close to it) trip to a BCS bowl game (with its huge payout).  In 2014 the BCS system was dismantled somewhat in favor of the CFP (for which we are essentially cut out -- with or without Boise).

If MWC votes to kick Boise now because they won't share equally going forward, I have to think the remaining MWC teams (who already get smaller shares compared to Boise) have already evaluated and calculated that they would not be losing significant revenue or prestige from the standing they currently have.  The MWC may not be bluffing here.

The landscape has changed so now the MWC vision is CUSA2 ?

1 minute ago, MWC Tex said:

Too bad the 11 other presidents don’t think so

I suspect most if not all of them supported Hair. They were counting on Boise to roll over. 

Just now, colosjr said:

If you give a Boise a cookie, they'll want all your money in perpetuity because they have a blue field. 

It's the Rise of Skywalker of children's books. Shoulda stopped when they were ahead. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

10 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

fify.

CSU and UNLV bring nothing in fb.

Nada, zip, zero, zilch.

That's a tad hyperbolic, no? SJSU brings nothing...Wyoming brings nothing...CSU is a tier 1 research university in the footprint a major media market with P5-level football facilities...UNLV brings an international tourist destination, a booming media market, a new stadium, etc...I would actually put UNM and UNR as the next up before Fresno and USU. Fresno is a commuter school in a s***-hole city...I LOVE Logan, but that school is a DISTANT 3rd in the hearts and minds of Utahans that is separated from the population on the Wasatch Front...