Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CsquaredCC

Boise State Has Filed Suit Against the MWC

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, RSF said:

Wouldnt you think the Idaho Statesman would be reporting this by now?  Seems....curious.

I agree.  Maybe they take their marching orders from Boise State, and Boise State is trying to keep this quiet?

Hmmm....

Just now, mugtang said:

Oh so it appears that Boise wanted more than the $1.8 million they were already getting. 

Well, in that case no.  You shouldn’t get any more than what was agreed upon at $1.8 million. 

yeah according to the legal docs they want double the amount the others are getting, and said hair agreed

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Oh so it appears that Boise wanted more than the $1.8 million they were already getting. 

Well, in that case no.  You shouldn’t get any more than what was agreed upon at $1.8 million. 

If true, Boise State is in the wrong here.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

I understand boise's argument but before a lawsuit can happen the MWC would actually have to not pay the 1.8 mil bonus first. Amirite?

Wouldn't this be like sueing for child support that is being paid right now but might not be in the future?

https://twitter.com/scaloiaro/status/1220069015894147072?s=20

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, pesik said:

yeah according to the legal docs they want double the amount the others are getting, and said hair agreed

If they AAC truly wants Boise, now is their chance.  

Maybe they offer Boise football only membership, with the agreement that Boise can retain and sell their own TV rights?

3 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

They just needed me to nudge them....:P

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

4 minutes ago, pesik said:

Nope.  They shouldn’t get double.  They should get the $1.8 million that was agreed to and then their equal share of revenue. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

If they AAC truly wants Boise, now is their chance.  

Maybe they offer Boise football only membership, with the agreement that Boise can retain and sell their own TV rights?

the aac wouldnt give boise a seperate deal, they already rejected that idea when the conference was in worse shape years ago 

This is about more than money.

Anyone that has listened to Bryan Harsin’s  last few press conferences shouldn’t be surprised by this.

Coach Harsin made it a point to say that he knows Boise State’s worth, relative to the MWC, and if he stays the coach it will be with the understanding that the Boise State brand is given its rightful share. He doesn’t want stagnation. He wants to see that the Broncos maximize its position to the fullest extent.

He also made mention of the weak leadership in the MWC, and that’s going to need to change. Period.

2965F857-FD78-49E8-A9AA-191B439993C2.png

Guest #1Stunner

Can you imagine if the MWC got really angry, and voted to expel Boise State, and add the University of Idaho as the new replacement?

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, pesik said:

the aac wouldnt give boise a seperate deal, they already rejected that idea when the conference was in worse shape years ago 

So, I guess it's either MWC or INDY for Boise, then.

Just now, ShoichiKUN808 said:

so if Boise wants double the pay. Not just the $1.8m more...that's pretty ridiculous and I can see why other member schools have a trouble accepting something like that.

If Boise wanted/demanded more than the $1.8 million I can see why the MWC voted to terminate the deal.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Wouldn't the MWC have to deny the $1.8 million first before Boise can claim to be an injured party and therefore have standing to bring the case? I don't think it's clear the conference has done that, from my skimming of the suit. It looks to me like there was a vote as to how the conference should proceed over the next six years.