Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at Nevada

1 hour ago, Lester_in_reno said:

CBS Sportschannel caused the sucky 8 pm start.

At home viewers likely won't get the game until 10 minutes into the half. Those two hour CBS Sports windows ensure you'll never see the opening tip.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

32 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

At home viewers likely won't get the game until 10 minutes into the half. Those two hour CBS Sports windows ensure you'll never see the opening tip.

CBS Sports dictates longer TV timeouts than every other network, including ESPN. It's a big reason why its games always run long.

1 hour ago, Rebels18 said:

I lived in Reno for 3 years and when I moved back home I travelled between Reno and Vegas via company jet when I worked for IGT twice a month. I grew up in Vegas and Reno wasn't actually that different at all.....kind of a K-Mart version of Vegas.

us Vegas folk are just a little bit better though 

I'm from Vegas, went to school in Reno, and lived in both for stretches after college. I consider both home. I live in Oregon now, but if and when I return to Nevada I will choose Reno, because I love to ski, the outdoors, like the smaller-city vibe of Reno that is more reminiscent of the Vegas I grew up in, love what has happened in the midtown area, and like the cooler climate. And the two cities are VERY different. 

17 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I'm from Vegas, went to school in Reno, and lived in both for stretches after college. I consider both home. I live in Oregon now, but if and when I return to Nevada I will choose Reno, because I love to ski, the outdoors, like the smaller-city vibe of Reno that is more reminiscent of the Vegas I grew up in, love what has happened in the midtown area, and like the cooler climate. And the two cities are VERY different. 

Pretty much grew up in Reno Sparks (ages 2 to 8 10 to 18)  - Didn't mid Reno as a kid and have to admit it's much better now than it was back in the 1970's - It was a small town back then - better size now with more amenities 

2 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Pretty much grew up in Reno Sparks (ages 2 to 8 10 to 18)  - Didn't mid Reno as a kid and have to admit it's much better now than it was back in the 1970's - It was a small town back then - better size now with more amenities 

It’s a nice place, and has made a ton of progress in the last 15 years. 

Ultimately both cities have their pros and cons. ... Like one has a world-class university and a recently successful basketball program, and the other is Vegas. :P

1 hour ago, VincentVegaBond said:

Paradise isn't a real town, it's unincorporated like Spring Valley, Summerlin, etc. Mailing address at UNLV is Vegas.

I blame google and apple for this. People come here and their dumbass phone says Paradise when they are on the strip for Weather purposes.  So dumb.

I met somebody that was new to town and they said they lived in Winchester. I was like...

jonah hill no GIF