Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at Nevada

12 minutes ago, renoskier said:

And Tark cheated. Both things can be true.

Tark cheated. That’s a certainty. Tark justifies cheating by arguing that other schools like UCLA did it but only small programs like LBSU, Vegas, and Fresno were vilified by the NCAA.

I think to some degree I agree with this. Power programs have more money and power to fight the NCAA.

5 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Tark cheated. That’s a certainty. Tark justifies cheating by arguing that other schools like UCLA did it but only small programs like LBSU, Vegas, and Fresno were vilified by the NCAA.

I think to some degree I agree with this. Power programs have more money and power to fight the NCAA.

Yep, they don’t have to fight the ncaa..

”the ncaa was so mad at Kentucky they gave Cleveland St 3 years probation.”

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

This is true. It also true that these kids also just happened to be some of the best basketball players in the country. To help him win basketball games and in turn, generate a lot of money for a lot of people including himself. 

So your point is he was a college basketball coach who really helped a lot of troubled kids but wasn't Mother Teresa? 

Okay then.

By the way, Reno by 8 to 10 to tonight but we win in Vegas, twice if need be.

17 minutes ago, toonkee said:

So your point is he was a college basketball coach who really helped a lot of troubled kids but wasn't Mother Teresa? 

Okay then.

Everything he has written is opinion and speculation.. "connect the dots"... etc.

He's got no proof. Neither did the NCAA which is why they settled.

IMO, did Trak cheat? I think it is very likely. But anyone who says they have proof, or Tark said he did, are out to lunch as this guy is. Everything he has posted and will post is opinion and speculation. Some of the "news" back then was written by people with an axe to grind too.

13 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Okay then.

That... and to win basketball games. 

Just now, SharkTanked said:

Everything he is written is opinion and speculation.. "connect the dots"... etc.

IMO, did Trak cheat? I think it is very likely. But anyone who says they have proof, or Tark said he did, are out to lunch as this guy is. Everything he has posted and will post is opinion and speculation. Some of the "news" back then was written by people with an axe to grind too.

Fake news? Right. It was a huge ruse to discredit poor Tarkanian. 

Like I said. It’s all there an interesting as hell to read.

The articles on Bill Morris, are fascinating as hell too. 

54 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Fake news? Right. It was a huge ruse to discredit poor Tarkanian

Like I said. It’s all there an interesting as hell to read.

The articles on Bill Morris, are fascinating as hell too. 

You might reread what I said.

Some of the "news" was written by people with an axe to grind.

You have a tendency towards hyperbole.

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

Okay then.

1 hour ago, SharkTanked said:

Everything he has written is opinion and speculation.. "connect the dots"... etc.

If you really want to get them going say something about Alford. :D

6 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

At this point I really believe "Douchebag" is a required skill on all UNR HC job descriptions.

He may be a douchcebag but he's also a damn good coach and he's good for the conference.  He'll stay and build, just like TJ (hopefully) and Dutcher.  The league must get better across the board.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

2 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

He may be a douchcebag but he's also a damn good coach and he's good for the conference.  He'll stay and build, just like TJ (hopefully) and Dutcher.  The league must get better across the board.

Doubt TJ will stay and build. He will be off to a decent P5 program if he is successful. Agree with the rest though. Alford is a proven good coach for this level.

23 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

He is a good coach,  I don’t believe anybody has argued that. We’re just glad he’s in Reno, lol. I can’t wait till he starts whining ‘it’s just not fair’.

6 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

He is a good coach,  I don’t believe anybody has argued that. We’re just glad he’s in Reno, lol. I can’t wait till he starts whining ‘it’s just not fair’.

Then we’re in agreement. I’m glad he’s in Reno, too.

30 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Doubt TJ will stay and build. He will be off to a decent P5 program if he is successful. Agree with the rest though. Alford is a proven good coach for this level.

If TJ is smart, he'll take the first P5 program that comes calling. It's either that or wait to be spit out from the revolving door, just like every other coach not named Lon Kruger. Maybe this little winning streak will be enough for him.

12 hours ago, toonkee said:

Got dangit, @Rosegreen. You just can’t be giving these hicks easy ones like that. It’s all they got.

You misspelled god, @brillio and @mugtang are likely furiously rummaging through the dictionary to get you on that one! :rotflmfao:

But honestly who cares? The retorts to the meme are pretty weak and not funny. They are sad people in a sad town. My original point stands, it’s going to be hilarious when Alford realizes he’s got to get out of dodge when he’s surrounded by these people. 

11 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

You misspelled god, @brillio and @mugtang are likely furiously rummaging through the dictionary to get you on that one! :rotflmfao:

But honestly who cares? The retorts to the meme are pretty weak and not funny. They are sad people in a sad town. My original point stands, it’s going to be hilarious when Alford realizes he’s got to get out of dodge when he’s surrounded by these people. 

Opening with an “honestly who cares” followed by lots of butthurt. 

17 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Like ABQ.