Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at Nevada

This is a tough game to figure. Lot's of guys on both sides who have never played against each other..  Because they are at home, Nevada has a puncher's chance to win but they are certainly not playing as well as UNLV has over the last couple weeks..

1 hour ago, Rebels18 said:

FIFY.. I know you guys aren't very bright up North. 

...But you would think by now, in light of schools like UNC getting off with a slap on the wrist for falsifying grades in the biggest academic fraud in history for their basketball players, or schools like Arizona, Ohio St, Villanova, Duke, Kansas, etc getting probed by the FBI for paying players and not a SINGLE significant punishment against them from the NCAA, that people like you would understand maybe the ONLY guy that had the balls to call-out the for NCAA their preferential treatment/selective enforcement policies wasn't the cheater they broke the law to frame him to be...where the NCAA's Director of Enforcement called Tark a "dirty rug merchant" because of his Armenian-genocide refugee heritage--- LOL can you imagine if that happened today? They should've erected a built a Tark at every non-P5 school in the country. 

NCAA hounded Tark for 30 years at UNLV with zero due process The result? 4 Final Fours, 1 national championship, $2.5 Million settlement check from the NCAA, and 0 vacated victories. 

Winners win, losers cry cheat. That's why UNR's athletic success is almost as irrelevant as the city of reno. 

Blah, blah, blah. He was fired by Vegas. Your school. True story. 

5 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Reno by 8 at home. Lindsey Drew is still my all time favorite pack player. And Jazz Johnson can go off at any time. Really strong backcourt. 

He fouled out with three points against us.

Johnson had a great first half and a terrible 2nd.

Their big guard, Harris, is tough

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

29 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Don't recall that. Got a quote from him where he says he cheated? You talking candy bars and mini-fridges and long distance calls? Extra practices? 

Look it up yourself. It takes all of three seconds.

1 hour ago, battle.borne said:

That line surprises me. Agree it will be bet down a point or two. These are even teams, difference is Lawlor home court.

I think it's a decent line.  UNLV has not played inspiring on the road.  Needed double OT to beat a 6-12 Fresno team by 1, lost soundly to Boise and would have lost to a pathetic Wyoming team if the Cowturds hadn't collapsed and beaten themselves.  As far as the Rebels have come in the effort department since the beginning of the year, they have room for improvement regarding their performance on the road.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

1 hour ago, SharkTanked said:

And here I thought you actually had something. :fishing:

“It almost always does pay to cheat in college sports. Wins matter more than integrity. This isn’t exactly a revelation. As Jerry Tarkanian used to say, “Nine out of 10 schools are cheating. The other one is in last place.”

Connect the dots. Like I said, two seconds to google. There’s a reason that Vegas’ admin fired him. And when the cheating stopped so did the winning. 

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

“It almost always does pay to cheat in college sports. Wins matter more than integrity. This isn’t exactly a revelation. As Jerry Tarkanian used to say, “Nine out of 10 schools are cheating. The other one is in last place.”

Connect the dots. Like I said, two seconds to google. There’s a reason that Vegas’ admin fired him. And when the cheating stopped so did the winning. 

:lol:

OMG, you're quoting Tark's great sense of humor?? and using that as a legit quote? :lol:

and Maxson ran him out because he couldn't stand Jerry being the most popular guy in town. True story.

14 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

:lol:

OMG, you're quoting Tark's great sense of humor?? and using that as a legit quote? :lol:

and Maxson ran him out because he couldn't stand Jerry being the most popular guy in town. True story.

He was ran out of town because his cheating started to embarrass your admin and biggest boosters. 

D3CB4B6F-8785-4AC0-9249-F0D8787604C1.jpeg

8 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

He was ran out of town because his cheating started to embarrass your admin and biggest boosters. 

D3CB4B6F-8785-4AC0-9249-F0D8787604C1.jpeg

Lol the only 'booster' that didn't love tark was that scumbag Steve Wynn, who also hated the fact that Tark was the most popular guy in town, and not him..

Tark actually resigned when there was an extra practice filmed, he was just so dang tired of the fight. He almost immediately tried to rescind his resignation but Maxson was so jealous of him he wouldn't have it. An extra practice. That's the best they could come up with. And btw, Maxson's plan was to make UNLV the 'Harvard of the west'.. :lol:

When you look at what Coach K has done, along with Sean Miller, Roy Williams, and especially the great John Wooden, anything Tark did pales in comparison. He just had the guts to write a letter to the Long Beach newspaper and take on the NCAA. Every fan of every 'little guy' school should be thanking him.

36 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Looking forward to tomorrow: 

3mtnyg.jpg

I saw an interview with him yesterday, and he said that UNLV fans don't like him because his team knocked the rebs out of the final four. But he was wrong, that isn't why..we don't like him because he was an even bigger d-bag then than he is now. I don't even remember who else was on the team, lol.