Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coog kev

Maybe AAC is a P6

Former UH QB1 D. King picked Miami for his transfer protocol junks.  Headlining ish on ESPN and CBS online.  Quarterback transfers usually get all the rage when it's significant. Usually SEC exports and imports.  We were happy to have him.  He graduated in December.  He wants NFL high pick (as the QB at the U for one season..good luck).  I do support him much.  UH football is going through an interesting transition.  Holgorsen may or may not be 'all that'.  He did sign up the #2 QB in nuclear Houston HS football recruiting territory.  And had him enroll in January. 

Perhaps Mr. King wants a swan song in ACC land at The U.  It's doubtful he will hit NFL.  Too small.  Too skinny.  Incredible ability though. 

The press for UH P6 is strong.  :ph34r:

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

Thank you. ECZ. He did quit.  Probably full of wonderlust for QB1s making their way to the core south (Exhibit A: LSU national crown import from Ohio State)..  I thought he would pick wayward Arkansas with all its QB1 xfers.  Not Miami.  Nonetheless it's a power move with a lot a press, Broken program?  Fair statement.  In the now it's both UH and the U. 

Fortunately One of Us is working diligently to fix the laggard parts. 

We're a Hoops School, A Baseball school. A ladies pool school. As much as UH despises to be connected to anything in east America, we somehow manage to pull that off.  I think there's a lacross thing, which is just nutty.  And a budding equestrian team in the works.  No wrestling though.  That would be too 'midwestern' even though Houston has tremendous wrestling talent.

In the end, my alma mater cannot figure out what it really wants to be by middle 2020s.  Tilman Fortitta's excellent bank is nice.  And we have the Beyonce offshoot charity building downtown.  And a new medical school opening up.  It's all fine and grand.

But We're Not There.  We are not Texas.  We are not Aggy. We are not Tech.  We are not TCU. We are not Baylor.  We're good scrubs and we'll fix it. 

One way or another.

58 minutes ago, Coog kev said:

Former UH QB1 D. King picked Miami for his transfer protocol junks.  Headlining ish on ESPN and CBS online.  Quarterback transfers usually get all the rage when it's significant. Usually SEC exports and imports.  We were happy to have him.  He graduated in December.  He wants NFL high pick (as the QB at the U for one season..good luck).  I do support him much.  UH football is going through an interesting transition.  Holgorsen may or may not be 'all that'.  He did sign up the #2 QB in nuclear Houston HS football recruiting territory.  And had him enroll in January. 

Perhaps Mr. King wants a swan song in ACC land at The U.  It's doubtful he will hit NFL.  Too small.  Too skinny.  Incredible ability though. 

Weren't you guys in the SWC before it formed into the Big 12?  If so, why were you abandoned along with Rice, TCU and SMU?  My guess is you were all bottom dwellers.  Had you done what TCU did over time then they would've probably taken you back too.  So until that happens you'll continue to be G5 material. 

3 minutes ago, aztech said:

Weren't you guys in the SWC before it formed into the Big 12?  If so, why were you abandoned along with Rice, TCU and SMU?  My guess is you were all bottom dwellers.  Had you done what TCU did over time then they would've probably taken you back too.  So until that happens you'll continue to be G5 material. 

Pretty much.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, Coog kev said:

Need validation?

Those were the Before Times.  Final member of SWC.  Which back in its day was a P Whatevs.  Prior to SWC, UH rejected an offer from SEC.  We one of the first to integrate in the 1960s sports wise and no way SEC.  The first in Texas hoops wise.  The second in football.  In the 1970s it was all about local matters.  Not SEC.  It was all about SWC.  Once joined we kicked the crap outta Texas by landslides.  In NCAA football rules there is a new rule from UH from Then.  Pass interference is 15 yards only and FD.  Not spot of foul..  We invented that 95-20 over SMU, 66-whaterever Baylor   66-15 over Texas. 

I may be confused about the pass interference things in modern times, but back then if you took a break while fetching suds, UH just ran all over things. 

25 minutes ago, Coog kev said:

Those were the Before Times. 

True.  Sorta. Yeoman's good teams didnt make it out of the 70s, then it was mediocrity or worsr except during the Pardee years.  Beating up on a post death penalty SMU...big accomplishment. 

After the breakup y'all got worse.  Sometimes better, but mostly worse.  You'd hire a coach, he'd get to 9 wins or so, then bail for a better gig.  Threw out a couple 0-fers.  Support always sucked - we always roadtripped down I45 for games without tickets.  Basketball disappeared fron its lofty perch.

But now you have a Mafia sugar daddy.  He seems to think he can buy his way to the big kids table.  Guess we will see.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Thx RSF.   I roughly translated that mess.  :P.  If I may summarize.

We beat Texas 60 to something many times over in the SWC days.  And Arkansas. But a constant bugaboo over Aggy. 

At least One of Us has a bugaboo over a current SEC member.

It's really not all about that.  It really isn't.

I just want the better and best to form a new alliance and Rise Up.  Really Rise Up.  If it's a unification of AAC/MWC/WCC (only one, Gonzaga..okay BYU) let's just phoucking Do It.

And pls, Memphis person..the kid from Memphis.  You're not part of the Plan.  Memphis excluded. 

3 minutes ago, Coog kev said:

Thx RSF.   I roughly translated that mess.  :P.  If I may summarize.

We beat Texas 60 to something many times over in the SWC days.  And Arkansas. But a constant bugaboo over Aggy. 

At least One of Us has a bugaboo over a current SEC member.

It's really not all about that.  It really isn't.

I just want the better and best to form a new alliance and Rise Up.  Really Rise Up.  If it's a unification of AAC/MWC/WCC (only one, Gonzaga..okay BYU) let's just phoucking Do It.

And pls, Memphis person..the kid from Memphis.  You're not part of the Plan.  Memphis excluded. 

obama_170156-520x320.jpg?quality=80&stri

mem skyline sig.jpeg

i offer this to Memphis losing crown. Good luck, fat dude. Topeka whatevs first great win. Before Philadelphia. Now it's Cincy.  Turd loss in Tulsa.  We will crush Memphis home and home. Bring it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv6dMFF_yts

I've grown to really like the AAC as Memphis football is experiencing heights we never thought possible in CUSA. 10-12 win seasons? Liberty and Cotton Bowls? Beating teams like Ole Miss, UCLA, and BYU? yeah...I like the AAC.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

11 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

I've grown to really like the AAC as Memphis football is experiencing heights we never thought possible in CUSA. 10-12 win seasons? Liberty and Cotton Bowls? Beating teams like Ole Miss, UCLA, and BYU? yeah...I like the AAC.

Think about that for a minute.  How is that an endorsement?