Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Top 2 Comebacks in NCAA history

Just now, KingBronco said:

BSU was actually down 18 with 3:36 remaining (66-48). I'm not sure how many teams in D1 college basketball history have overcome greater deficits in less time...but I would guess the list is pretty small.

According to that RGJ article - the Nevada game was the largest point comeback win in the last 5 minutes - which makes Boise's 18 pointer the second.  

The largest point total comeback in NCAA history is 34 by Drexel last year.  They were down 53-19 vs. Deleware in the first half, then came back to win it 85-83.

On 1/20/2020 at 1:57 PM, KingBronco said:

BSU was actually down 18 with 3:36 remaining (66-48). I'm not sure how many teams in D1 college basketball history have overcome greater deficits in less time...but I would guess the list is pretty small.

That happened last year in C-USA.  Old Dominion blew 17 point lead vs UTSA (69-52) with 3:10 left. 

1 hour ago, KingBronco said:

Check the video above, Nevada down 14 with 1:08 left, 90-76.

10 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

Try 10 points with only 21.9 seconds left...and yes UNLV won in OT. Side note--check out SUDS crowd before they started winning 25+ games every year...

I was about to mention that game. I was listening to it on the radio, driving down Hacienda just outside Spanish Trail. Pulled over across from the west gate to listen to it  with about a minute left in regulation and security came to look me over. When I told them what I was listening to and what was going on, they bolted back to their shack and tuned in the game.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

17 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

Try 10 points with only 21.9 seconds left...and yes UNLV won in OT. Side note--check out SUDS crowd before they started winning 25+ games every year...

Beat me to it. The biggest collapse in program history.

Of course, as you mention, this was before we became the winningest program in MWC history, with just one tourney appearance in two decades, so yeah, Viejas in 2005 more closely resembles the TMack in 2019 than it does itself since our ascension.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

1 hour ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Beat me to it. The biggest collapse in program history.

Of course, as you mention, this was before we became the winningest program in MWC history, with just one tourney appearance in two decades, so yeah, Viejas in 2005 more closely resembles the TMack in 2019 than it does itself since our ascension.

Hey, the fans are coming back slowly but surely...There was almost 10k in the Mack in the UNM game, which is a near-sellout in SDSU's dinky little arena. This Sunday's game will probably be the most attended game of the year...I know I'll be there. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

37 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

Hey, the fans are coming back slowly but surely...There was almost 10k in the Mack in the UNM game, which is a near-sellout in SDSU's dinky little arena. This Sunday's game will probably be the most attended game of the year...I know I'll be there. 

Yes, your arena is more cavernous than a huge and insurmountable gap TSJSUF's vag, and yes, your crowd is returning. I watched significant parts of the UNM game and it was nice to see the TMack off life support.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

On 1/20/2020 at 2:15 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

1. Nevada @ New Mexico 2017 (down 19 with 4:27 to go) 

https://www.rgj.com/story/sports/college/nevada/2017/01/08/wolf-pack-rallies-25-down-historic-comeback-win/96312160/

2. Boise vs. Utah State 2020 (down 18 with 4:18 to go)

I approve of this message 

SJSU vs. Hofstra 

On 1/20/2020 at 3:17 PM, Rebels18 said:

This, and it's not even close.  Most unexpected comeback I've ever witnessed.