Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warbow

Rolo hires 3 from Wyoming defensive staff

30 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Can Rocky coach from home? I'd love to have him but I'm afraid he'd die from altitude poisoning if he spent more than 3 days in Laramie

Well he did coach in Albuquerque for a few years. Although he was younger then. He may need an oxygen tank and mask now. 

1 hour ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Can Rocky coach from home? I'd love to have him but I'm afraid he'd die from altitude poisoning if he spent more than 3 days in Laramie

You do know Rocky Long was a Wyoming assistant coach in ‘80s, right?

5 minutes ago, Bob said:

A much younger Rock y did coaching Laramie so it's far fetched, but not impossible. Bohl and Rocky would probably get a kick out of coaching together

Would be awesome to see and definitely put fan nerves at ease. I just doubt that Rocky would be eager to come to Laramie as a coordinator at this point of his career, assuming he even wants to keep going

Lol why would Rocky quit SDSU as head coach I’m San Diego to go to Wyo as a DC?

generally when people go to Laramie once they leave and go as far away as possible ASAP 

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

23 minutes ago, LoFasZz said:

generally when people go to Laramie once they leave and go as far away as possible ASAP 

and if they're a CSU fan, alum or athlete it's usually with their tail between their legs fleeing another beating.  So sorry for your PTSD.

15 hours ago, LoFasZz said:

Image result for bronze boot

As they leave things behind...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

1 hour ago, Wyobraska said:

Damn you @AKram!!!  You must have some strong voodoo.  Did you enlist the services of @kalua pig?

I can't believe this man can still get jobs.  At least he is just the DE coach and not DC.  

English is well liked among players and has good ties to recruiting Colorado.  I am not surprised he can get jobs.  I am just surprised he ends up on Bohl's staff because the defensive philosophies seem worlds apart.

29 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

English is well liked among players and has good ties to recruiting Colorado.  I am not surprised he can get jobs.  I am just surprised he ends up on Bohl's staff because the defensive philosophies seem worlds apart.

His Colorado recruiting should pay dividends and as long as he stays away from DC, it should be alright.  I was surprised with their philosophical differences as well.  

7 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

Damn you @AKram!!!  You must have some strong voodoo.  Did you enlist the services of @kalua pig?

I can't believe this man can still get jobs.  At least he is just the DE coach and not DC.  

It's nothing I'd wish upon my worst enemy, but I think you dodged a bullet with English only being DE and if he has limited input on defensive play calling/planning.