Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VandalPride97

Negotiation 101

Guest #1Stunner

The fact that Hair Thompson (a Laramie puppet!!) is trying to breach the Boise State membership contract makes me sick!

Boise saved the MWC during a dark time (MWC was only at 8 total members), and is the only reason that SDSU came back to the conference.  Air Force also only stayed because of Boise saving the conference.    If not for Boise coming back, the MWC (without Boise and SDSU) would be behind CUSA and the MAC.   Boise saved the MWC!!

5 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

The fact that Hair Thompson (a Laramie puppet!!) is trying to breach the Boise State membership contract makes me sick!

Well that's sort of it right there. Hair is basically threatening to break a contract. Boise has 3 options:

1. Give in to the MWC.
  2. Find another conference.
  3. Sue the MWC for breach of contract and see what happens.

But, as mentioned, there are several years before this is even an issue, so it's not worth worrying about right now.

26 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Whatever happens, BYU will support Boise State, and probably advocate to the WCC on Boise's behalf (if Boise requests it).

The State of Idaho has been very good to BYU (Mormon potatoes, as noted by @tailingpermit), so BYU owes our Boise State cousins any help Boise needs.  Boise has been the best friend to BYU ever since BYU left the MWC.  BYU should probably award Kustra an honorary doctorate.

New conference? League office in Idaho Falls?

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

41 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

You shouldn't disagree with them regardless of what dumb shit they come up with. They don't like that. Common sense gets you banned in a hurry.

I pleasantly asked where on the UCF campus Is the College Football Playoff National Championship trophy displayed.  

If Boise State Community College want's to transfer to the AAC I could not care less.  At least we won't have to hear the constant whining from the Boise fans.  Like, Boise is so superior that they have demeaned themselves by being in the Mountain West.  Let the stuck up bitches do what they want.

17 minutes ago, sandiegopete said:

If Boise State Community College want's to transfer to the AAC I could not care less.  At least we won't have to hear the constant whining from the Boise fans.  Like, Boise is so superior that they have demeaned themselves by being in the Mountain West.  Let the stuck up bitches do what they want.

Lol — pot meet kettle bitch

35 minutes ago, sandiegopete said:

Boise fans on this board are more supportive of the MWC than SDSU fans.

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Exactly. It wasn’t Boise State fans who came up with “Molehill West.” Nor have we complained about the front range schools holding us down. That’s all SUDS. 

14 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Exactly. Read Aztec Mesa sometime about how many Aztec fans want out of the MWC. Air Force also wants out. Right now would be an opportune time. If Arresco plays his cards right he could create a western division with BSU, SDSU, AF, and the Texas schools and virtually cripple the MWC. 

Time for another airport meeting. 

4 minutes ago, The Brent Vigen Diet said:

Negotiating 101: you don’t hold a business partner over the fire just because you think you have A little leverage, especially if you have to work with them for many more years. 

I really don’t understand why the MWC would even bring up the revenue splitting issue right after signing a solid tv deal. 

A bonehead comment by Thompson. He didn’t need to say anything for another six years. He should be fired, but he won’t be. 

16 minutes ago, The Brent Vigen Diet said:

Negotiating 101: you don’t hold a business partner over the fire just because you think you have A little leverage, especially if you have to work with them for many more years. 

Are you talking about the what the MWC can do right now or what BSU did back then?

23 minutes ago, The Brent Vigen Diet said:

I really don’t understand why the MWC would even bring up the revenue splitting issue right after signing a solid tv deal. 

The revenue split was never brought up.  Thats why this pissing match is so stupid.  All Thompson said was future deals would not be negotiated separately.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

6 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

The number 1 reason I don’t want Boise State to go to the AAC is because I know that @halfmanhalfbronco, @kingpotato, @RogueStout, @tailingpermit, and I would have to post on that message board and start watching East Coast SportsCenter. 

That should definitely be considered before a decision is made

43 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

Are you talking about the what the MWC can do right now or what BSU did back then?

Both, it’s true Boise did strong arm the rest of the conference for the separately negotiated deal, but sticking it too them now might not be the best tactic for long term sustainability of the conference. I think there are options of getting rid of it in 6 years while still allowing them to save some face (like performance incentives). 

2 minutes ago, The Brent Vigen Diet said:

Both, it’s true Boise did strong arm the rest of the conference for the separately negotiated deal, but sticking it too them now might not be the best tactic for long term sustainability of the conference. I think there are options of getting rid of it in 6 years while still allowing them to save some face (like performance incentives). 

I also think that Boise still has leverage with the ability to go Indy or the AAC.