Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VandalPride97

Negotiation 101

5 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Who in the west beats them?

In the west? Both Navy and Memphis whether it’s home or away for Boise.  SMU and Tulane were 11-1 at home combined against tougher competition so I’d say if those were Boise road games they’re losses, if they’re Boise home games wins.  Law of averages say 1/2 home and away so one loss one win between those two.  You only asked about west, not east or ooc.  Just my $0.02 about 2019 specifically. 

Of course I believe Boise would become better as time went on after they adjusted and would eventually be in the discussion for the division most years.  

4 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

This years team would’ve clown fcked an AAC schedule.  

Lol

1 hour ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

In the west? Both Navy and Memphis whether it’s home or away for Boise.  SMU and Tulane were 11-1 at home combined against tougher competition so I’d say if those were Boise road games they’re losses, if they’re Boise home games wins.  Law of averages say 1/2 home and away so one loss one win between those two.  You only asked about west, not east or ooc.  Just my $0.02 about 2019 specifically. 

Of course I believe Boise would become better as time went on after they adjusted and would eventually be in the discussion for the division most years.  

Lol

The only AAC team that could have beaten Boise State on a neutral field was Memphis. The Broncos would have went in dry against the rest of the pee sex riff raff. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

You asked for my opinion and I gave it.  I’m pretty confident in my estimation considering Boise probably would’ve lost to Marshall on the road and did lose to BYU which couldn’t beat bad aac team.  Boise definitely didn’t have the offense to keep up with the top half of the league and the defense wasn’t nearly good enough to make up the difference. 

8 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

You asked for my opinion and I gave it.  I’m pretty confident in my estimation considering Boise probably would’ve lost to Marshall on the road and did lose to BYU which couldn’t beat bad aac team.  Boise definitely didn’t have the offense to keep up with the top half of the league and the defense wasn’t nearly good enough to make up the difference. 

Still can’t let the Marshall game go. You routinely get together with your buddies to watch the 30 for 30 documentary “The Spot?”

Just now, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Read (a lot) more, type less. 

You’re right ... maybe a tie for third best.

1. Boise State

2. Air Force

3T. Utah State / Wyoming / UCF

9 hours ago, kingpotato said:

2) They won a JC National Championship and a 1-AA National Championship... hence "multiple" national championships... which is a completely accurate way to answer a ridiculous statement with ridiculous, yet true, answer

I count 5 JC National Championships (because undefeated means you won the Natty). You're also forgetting the 2006 and 2009 seasons (those count too, right?!)

I have an honest question here for Boise fans (sorry if it's already been asked, there are a lot of BS posts that make sorting through these threads pretty tough). Do any of you see you getting extra tv money as potentially damaging to yourselves? Like Texas in the Big XII, being greedy with their share of the revenue (whether deserved or not, that's not the point of the question) has hurt the competitive balance. Just curious what your thoughts would be, hypothetically, if equal distribution actually did make a competitive field that boosted yours or any MWC champion's resume and chances of a NY6 bowl.

I'm not saying the extra money is why other teams haven't really posed a real threat to you guys. Far from it but it still can't help matters. 

3 minutes ago, colosjr said:

Like Texas in the Big XII, being greedy with their share of the revenue (whether deserved or not, that's not the point of the question) has hurt the competitive balance. Just curious what your thoughts would be, hypothetically, if equal distribution actually did make a competitive field that boosted yours or any MWC champion's resume and chances of a NY6 bowl.

Competitive balance in the Big 12 is just fine.  Texas aint scared nobody in a long time.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

4 minutes ago, RSF said:

Competitive balance in the Big 12 is just fine.  Texas aint scared nobody in a long time.

Not recently, but they ran off all the good resume building programs except Oklahoma with their Longhorn Network. cu also left. 

12 minutes ago, colosjr said:

I have an honest question here for Boise fans (sorry if it's already been asked, there are a lot of BS posts that make sorting through these threads pretty tough). Do any of you see you getting extra tv money as potentially damaging to yourselves? Like Texas in the Big XII, being greedy with their share of the revenue (whether deserved or not, that's not the point of the question) has hurt the competitive balance. Just curious what your thoughts would be, hypothetically, if equal distribution actually did make a competitive field that boosted yours or any MWC champion's resume and chances of a NY6 bowl.

I'm not saying the extra money is why other teams haven't really posed a real threat to you guys. Far from it but it still can't help matters. 

I don’t think the tv revenue is that big of a deal one way or another. It’s not as if Boise State is taking in the mother lode with their separate home deal, nor are they stealing from the other schools — that’s revenue they wouldn’t have received otherwise. I do however think one of the reasons why the separate tv deal is so important to Boise State is exposure, particularly for recruiting. Now would it bother me if the separate tv deal went away at the end of 6 years? Not so much as long as Boise State gets good exposure. 

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I don’t think the tv revenue is that big of a deal one way or another. It’s not as if Boise State is taking in the mother lode with their separate home deal, nor are they stealing from the other schools — that’s revenue they wouldn’t have received otherwise. I do however think one of the reasons why the separate tv deal is so important to Boise State is exposure, particularly for recruiting. Now would it bother me if the separate tv deal went away at the end of 6 years? Not so much as long as Boise State gets good exposure. 

Fair enough. I approach this from a CSU perspective where we are one of the top spenders in the MWC and still have sucked so I'm by no means thinking money equals success. So say it's exposure that benefits you guys. Would you do away with your primary benefit such as exposure if somehow it mystically made the MWC the strongest G5 conference? Completely hypothetical because Boise isn't responsible for anyone else's success. Basically, I'm just curious what you guys want. Do you want the accolades of continuing to be tops of a middling conference, or would you guys want to risk your status for a conference that would guarantee the champ is nationally relevant?

1 minute ago, colosjr said:

Not recently, but they ran off all the good resume building programs except Oklahoma with their Longhorn Network. cu also left. 

Which has nothing to do with competitive balance.

Yeah, losing the kings of mediocrity Missouri and a&m really hurt.  Nebraska and Colorado both left a year before LHN ever hit the air.  A&M left because they were tired of being UT's little brother (which they still are).  BTW...A&M was offered by UT to share in the network.  Turned it down. 

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

32 minutes ago, colosjr said:

Fair enough. I approach this from a CSU perspective where we are one of the top spenders in the MWC and still have sucked so I'm by no means thinking money equals success. So say it's exposure that benefits you guys. Would you do away with your primary benefit such as exposure if somehow it mystically made the MWC the strongest G5 conference? Completely hypothetical because Boise isn't responsible for anyone else's success. Basically, I'm just curious what you guys want. Do you want the accolades of continuing to be tops of a middling conference, or would you guys want to risk your status for a conference that would guarantee the champ is nationally relevant?

I get what you’re saying but that’s not how network programming works. People are not going to tune into a 3-7 UNLV verses a 4-6 UNM in front of 11,000 fans. 

On 1/19/2020 at 9:28 AM, VandalPride97 said:

Watching this TV contract unfold, I can't help but notice that the MWC seemingly has no clue about effectively using leverage during negotiations.  I'll spell it out - the knuckledraggers have no other conference options.  SBC, MAC, CUSA and AAC would be a disaster.  Indy is not feasible.  P5 will never happen.  Inform the donks of terms acceptable to the conference as a whole and if they don't like it, they can explore their shittier options. 

The power to walk away is the ultimate negotiation tool and only the MWC has the ability to do that.  BSU does not.  

Yes, Hair is a fecking idiot. 

How bout them vandals!?