Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VandalPride97

Negotiation 101

10 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Their fans will not be the reason Boise State would not consider it attractive. The $6.8 million they make isn't gonna be attractive to them either. ESPN will need to pay a little more to get Boise State and probably two others to jump and I don't think they will.

Also, the Big West is not a good conference. If a WCC invite is not in the cards I would be against the move. I'd take full AAC membership before I would support a move to the Big West.

But all I ever hear is how ESPN aways gets what they want in the end. You can't beat the Mouse Network. If ESPN wants it, that's what will happen. But I think ESPN doesn't care about any G5 conference,they don't care about Memphis, Boise State, BYU, Toledo....these teams are just filler so they don't have to show reruns.

Hair said the next time around the negotiation will not be separate.  It was this time.  It strikes me that if ESPN still wanted Boise, they'd have them.  I suspect they offered ESPN+, not TV.

9 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

One also has to wonder if Hair will be around in 6 years. Although he’s like a fungus that refuses to go away we can still hope. 

Apparently Hair has pictures.  We'd likely need a complete turnover at all universities to ditch him.  Never gonna' happen.

7 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

The fact that Hair Thompson (a Laramie puppet!!) is trying to breach the Boise State membership contract makes me sick!

Boise saved the MWC during a dark time (MWC was only at 8 total members), and is the only reason that SDSU came back to the conference.  Air Force also only stayed because of Boise saving the conference.    If not for Boise coming back, the MWC (without Boise and SDSU) would be behind CUSA and the MAC.   Boise saved the MWC!!

They did, and they got paid for it.

I don't think Boise wants to pay the travel costs to be in the AAC, and I'm really sure that AAC fans don't want to watch their team kick off at 9 or 10 PM local for Boise home games.

IMO, not only will the MWC and Boise work this out, I think they already have.  Hair should have shut the hell up.

24 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

I don't think Boise wants to pay the travel costs to be in the AAC, and I'm really sure that AAC fans don't want to watch their team kick off at 9 or 10 PM local for Boise home games.

IMO, not only will the MWC and Boise work this out, I think they already have.  Hair should have shut the hell up.

I don’t think the AAC wants BSU, a new member that could potentially slap around the first year conference schedule - that would undermine the whole “P6” bullshit. 

CSU is a much better grab, better TV market, brand new stadium and they suck ass at football (not trying to disrespect you).  

Just now, tailingpermit said:

I don’t think the AAC wants BSU, a new member that could potentially slap around the first year conference schedule - that would undermine the whole “P6” bullshit. 

CSU is a much better grab, better TV market, brand new stadium and they suck ass at football (not trying to disrespect you).  

I really, really don't think CSU would be interested.

BTW, football is finally looking up.  Just need a D-line and Tua to transfer in.

4 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

The aac would take bsu in a heartbeat. It would kill off their only competition left. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

12 hours ago, Ibanez said:

We already know what would happen if Boise State walked away. Hair and the other schools not names SDSU will bend over backwards to get the Broncos to stay. And if they don't there is gonna be a trigger effect. Chances are SDSU and either Air Force, CSU, or UNLV will join Boise State in the AAC. Then Hawaii will probably go Indy. If AF does not get the AAC invite they will go Indy. Then the football teams who are worth a shit that's left (Wyoming, Fresno, and Utah State) would have to hope there is a C-USA & Sunbelt rearrangmen like the rumors suggested. San Jose State, New Mexico, and Nevada would have to just pray there is room for them somewhere.

That's why the MWC will cave in.

:hookah:

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

2 hours ago, Headbutt said:

I really, really don't think CSU would be interested.

BTW, football is finally looking up.  Just need a D-line and Tua to transfer in.

I am not as down on Adazio as many were.  I think he has put together a solid staff  Lynch has really become a good offensive coordinator after a rocky start at Ball State.  His offenses really improved the last few years.  Heater had some really good defenses at Marshal as well.  CSU has more resources than either of those schools and some really nice selling points to recruits.  Not sure I would call Adazio a home run, but I bet CSU is bowling every year under him and will have years the compete for the division.   

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I am not as down on Adazio as many were.  I think he has put together a solid staff  Lynch has really become a good offensive coordinator after a rocky start at Ball State.  His offenses really improved the last few years.  Heater had some really good defenses at Marshal as well.  CSU has more resources than either of those schools and some really nice selling points to recruits.  Not sure I would call Adazio a home run, but I bet CSU is bowling every year under him and will have years the compete for the division.   

I'm far more excited than you are about this staff, but that's to be expected.  One of the most experienced DC's in the business, an up and coming OC recognized for aggressive and innovative offenses, and a HC that's been there and done that.  Daz has two natty rings as an assistant and before he got into head coaching was recognized as one of the top OL coaches in the industry.  The resume's of the staff they hired is right there as well. They're unlikely to challenge for the conference this year as they need a little time to balance the roster that Bobo left them, but they're gonna' be good.  They've also already put recruiting policies in place that will only make us better.  It's about time.

12 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

I'm far more excited than you are about this staff, but that's to be expected.  One of the most experienced DC's in the business, an up and coming OC recognized for aggressive and innovative offenses, and a HC that's been there and done that.  Daz has two natty rings as an assistant and before he got into head coaching was recognized as one of the top OL coaches in the industry.  The resume's of the staff they hired is right there as well. They're unlikely to challenge for the conference this year as they need a little time to balance the roster that Bobo left them, but they're gonna' be good.  They've also already put recruiting policies in place that will only make us better.  It's about time.

Yeah, I really did not get the mocking of the hire.  I think he has a better staff now than he did at BC.  I don't know if CSU goes bowling next year but I see this being a consistent program like USU and Wyoming under him and hit the 10 win mark in at some point when his own guys have some experience.  Just my .02

Just now, kingpotato said:

Then that makes sense why Boise gets special treatment

First of all, "multiple national titles" shouldn't warrant special treatment.  That's a whole different thread.

But.... would you please name Boise's multiple national titles?

1 minute ago, Headbutt said:

First of all, "multiple national titles" shouldn't warrant special treatment.  That's a whole different thread.

But.... would you please name Boise's multiple national titles?

1) It absolutely wouldn't warrant special treatment, and was a ridiculous statement to begin with

2) They won a JC National Championship and a 1-AA National Championship... hence "multiple" national championships... which is a completely accurate way to answer a ridiculous statement with ridiculous, yet true, answer

Just now, kingpotato said:

1) It absolutely wouldn't warrant special treatment, and was a ridiculous statement to begin with

2) They won a JC National Championship and a 1-AA National Championship... hence "multiple" national championships... which is a completely accurate way to answer a ridiculous statement with ridiculous, yet true, answer

Got it.  Like it.

CSU won a "non-consenus" national championship in 1915.  Same story.

2 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Got it.  Like it.

CSU won a "non-consenus" national championship in 1915.  Same story.

I heard UCF won a national title once. I will say that Boise was given their title and didn't give itself one... that's a little different