Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorCalCoug

Boise St not ready to end TV deal

17 hours ago, SDDean said:

USD and USF are Catholic schools. They may not be particularly religious but Norte Dame is also a Catholic University and not real religious. 

I laughed.

It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level

18 hours ago, SDDean said:

What TV agreement did the MWC renege on with ybu?

Every BYU fan remembers this shit. BYUtv was set to rebroadcast a cstv game. The attorneys and BYU had the understanding that was part of the contract. Cstv attorneys stop it only an hour or 2 before the rebroadcast.

BYU should have bailed then.

The LDS church satellite station was the 1st to broadcast a cstv game. Stanford vs BYU.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

8 hours ago, robe said:

Every BYU fan remembers this shit. BYUtv was set to rebroadcast a cstv game. The attorneys and BYU had the understanding that was part of the contract. Cstv attorneys stop it only an hour or 2 before the rebroadcast.

BYU should have bailed then.

The LDS church satellite station was the 1st to broadcast a cstv game. Stanford vs BYU.

The conference needs to do better on broadcast rights. We’ve got market here but it seems as though the league wants to control everything. There are games that have been live streamed but would have gotten a better audience on TV by allowing a local station to pick it up and allow the station in the opponent’s city pick it up. 

8 hours ago, SDDean said:

The conference needs to do better on broadcast rights. We’ve got market here but it seems as though the league wants to control everything. There are games that have been live streamed but would have gotten a better audience on TV by allowing a local station to pick it up and allow the station in the opponent’s city pick it up. 

BYU asked for less than Boise. We just wanted tier 3  rebroadcast rights.  BYU had a tiny group of games. cbssports pretty much pick up nearly every BYU football and basketball game. Jimmer was cbssports and the MTN golden ticket. 

Looking back the MTN was pretty good. The BYU fans like me who shelled out the cash for it kept it going. 

I get it the MWC was trying to save the MTN. I think giving BYUtv rebroadcast rights would have still saved it. I prefer live sports so I would have kept it. 

The MTN is now gone. So giving BYU tier 3 rights should be a no brainer. But That ship has sailed I doubt a Boise deal would bring them back now.

At the end of the day MWC and BYU both have done well. I don’t think the MWC would have done any better with BYU and BYU has gotten what it has wanted with independence. Attendance has dropped but much less than the west average. Staying in the MWC wouldn’t have help football maybe basketball. Jimmer drove the huge attendance not the MWC in my opinion. 

Attending football games in the west is dying. It’s a problem for everyone. Not as big for BYU. A home slay of P5 games has helped much more than a MWC schedule.

34 minutes ago, robe said:

Attending football games in the west is dying. It’s a problem for everyone. Not as big for BYU. A home slay of P5 games has helped much more than a MWC schedule.

BYU football going Indy has been more beneficial for schools that need games to patch holes in schedules than it has for BYU.

BYU has never been less visible on the national scene.

On 1/18/2020 at 12:59 PM, soupslam1 said:

Disagree. Pacific, Pepperdine, USD, USF, Portland, are all private institutions but not particularly religious. 

All of the current members are private, faith-based institutions. Seven members are Catholic Church affiliates, with four of these schools being Jesuit institutions. Pepperdine is an affiliate of the Churches of Christ. Brigham Young University is an affiliate of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS). The conference's newest member, the University of the Pacific (which re-joined in 2013 after a 42-year absence), is affiliated with the United Methodist Church, although it has been financially independent of the church since 1969.[1]

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 1/18/2020 at 6:20 PM, UNLV2001 said:

Adios - BSU can join BYU as independent and get a solid round robing with BYU & NMSU !!! 

https://images.app.goo.gl/BwUcKR6LNeynatg3A

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

51 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

This is the biggest bullshit statement I have read on this board since I became a member. 

How is that bullshit?

The game is played for those little gimmicks they hang in the rafters that denote Championship status.

How does an exhibition schedule fit into the national narrative? The only time BYU has gotten any attention in recent memory is for knocking off Boise State... and that was because they impacted Boise States chances at a NY6 bowl (it had zero to do with BYUs own aspirations).

Unfortunately for BYU, they have to recruit to a paradigm that doesn’t include a real chance at a NY6 bowl or a league title.

That impacts the quality of dudes who want to go there, which in turn impacts their ability to put together that pristine year they’d need to become a national narrative as a stand-alone.

9 hours ago, JuwanHWolv said:

BYU football going Indy has been more beneficial for schools that need games to patch holes in schedules than it has for BYU.

BYU has never been less visible on the national scene.

I don’t know that’s debatable. When we beat Wisconsin we were in the discussion for playoffs with one loss. You can google the article if you are foolish enough to doubt me. 7 wins leaves you out of visibly. We are as visible as any 7 win team.

Winning 10 games with our schedule is going to be hard.

BYU fans as a whole have it pretty good. It would be foolish for BYU fans to complain. But, the fan base is full of complainers.

Im a life long fan regardless of what BYU does.  I prefer 5 to 6 P5 games. Not more or less. But I’d  accept going to the MWC or AAC as well.

1 hour ago, robe said:

I don’t know that’s debatable. When we beat Wisconsin we were in the discussion for playoffs with one loss. You can google the article if you are foolish enough to doubt me. 

Google doesnt write fiction.

You were 2-1, it was September, and BYU was ranked 25th.  BYU was eliminated from playoff contention then they lost to Cal at home.  Anybody who put BYU and playoff in the same sentence - if anybody - was an idiot.

Google did find this.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25268583/eliminator-texas-longhorns-texas-aggies-florida-gators-eliminated

Eliminated after Week 2: Air Force Falcons, Arizona Wildcats, Arkansas State Red Wolves, Ball State Cardinals, BYU Cougars, Charlotte 49ers, Fresno State Bulldogs, Georgia State Panthers, Liberty Flames, Memphis Tigers, New Mexico Lobos, Nevada Wolf Pack, North Carolina Tar Heels, Purdue Boilermakers, Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles, Tulsa Golden Hurricane, UAB Blazers, UCLA Bruins

1 hour ago, robe said:

Winning 10 games with our schedule is going to be hard.

That this is true, and that you believe it, tells everybody how far BYU football has fallen.  Which is actually too bad.

It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level