Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An Admirer from the East

MWC Boise Blues

I think we can stop with the Boise to the AAC talk. The AAC has no interest in Boise. Navy in particular is against them.

Boise's options appear to be independece and plunking its other sports in the WAC or Summit. The WCC is unlikely to take them and the Big West ship looks to have sailed.

I do believe Hair and the MWC realized they have Boise over the barrel and have taken the opportunity to put Boise back on the same footing as everyone else.

Boise should probably walk carefully here. 

Hair Thompson would not just throw that out there.

Hair is likely looking at the NY6 representation over the last 6 years, and feels strongly that uneven revenue distribution has hamstrung the non-blue teams.

Hairs latest revelation is an attempt to reshape the competitive balance of the league.

Hair likely heard Bryan Harsin speak about the conference needing to be more Boise centric, and Hair is flexing his muscles with these media negotiations to ensure he nips it in the bud.

1 minute ago, JoeBlo said:

I think we can stop with the Boise to the AAC talk. The AAC has no interest in Boise. Navy in particular is against them.

Boise's options appear to be independece and plunking its other sports in the WAC or Summit. The WCC is unlikely to take them and the Big West ship looks to have sailed.

I do believe Hair and the MWC realized they have Boise over the barrel and have taken the opportunity to put Boise back on the same footing as everyone else.

Boise should probably walk carefully here. 

Navy can eat chit.  They have their own special TV deal outside of the AAC.    Over a barrel?   Outside of BSU what has any MWC team done that is noteworthy in the playoff BCS era?   Hawaii got blown out in the Sugar Bowl.   There has been a serious lack of competitiveness in the MWC on the national stage outside of BSU.    

Posted Image

Just now, edluvar said:

Navy can eat chit.  They have their own special TV deal outside of the AAC.    Over a barrel?   Outside of BSU what has any MWC team done that is noteworthy in the playoff BCS era?   Hawaii got blown out in the Sugar Bowl.   There has been a serious lack of competitiveness in the MWC on the national stage outside of BSU.    

Any reason you continue to duck the Television broadcast versus streaming question?   You clearly haven’t gone to bed. 

11 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Any reason you continue to duck the Television broadcast versus streaming question?   You clearly haven’t gone to bed. 

I think they are different.  But both are media rights that must be agreed on by BSU and the mwc is my understanding.  Boise has to give the ok for Fox in this deal from what I read.  

Posted Image

6 minutes ago, edluvar said:

Well do you think Thompson would make such a statement if they didn’t have leverage?    To me Apsey’s statement most likely means they are talking to the AAC and hopefully the WCC.   But in the game of hardball politics the Cal States and Hawaii can likely be convinced to block Boise’s Big West membership.   BYU might press to be add them to the WCC.   If done, I would guess it ruptured any MWC/BYU Oct/Nov/Dec scheduling agreement.  So does AAC football and WAC membership sound appealing?

“This is stated in our conference agreement and cannot be changed by any vote of the membership or conflicting agreement. We will not support any change to this provision and are in the process of weighing our options to move forward.”

Just now, edluvar said:

I think they are different.  But both are media rights that must be agreed on by BSU and the mwc is my understanding.  Boise has to give the ok for Fox in this deal from what I read.  

Please show in the term sheet where media rights is ever mentioned?  Also please explain if it explicitly states web streaming rights are owned under the same terms as other schools why you think web streaming requires BSU approval? 

28 minutes ago, edluvar said:

I wouldn’t piss AF off too much if I were you.   They could likely easily take your spot in the AAC and the WCC

10 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Please show in the term sheet where media rights is ever mentioned?  Also please explain if it explicitly states web streaming rights are owned under the same terms as other schools why you think web streaming requires BSU approval? 

Mutually agree and material terms. BSU would never agree to sell its home games to a streaming service for MAC level money.  

Posted Image

Just now, sactowndog said:

I wouldn’t piss AF off too much if I were you.   They could likely easily take your spot in the AAC and the WCC

Neither is getting in the WCC

Posted Image

1 hour ago, edluvar said:

Mutually agree and material terms. BSU would never agree to sell its home games to a streaming service for MAC level money.  

Okay but mutually agree and material terms refer to “broadcast television rights”.   Nowhere in section 3 does it mention media rights.   

neither mutually agree or material terms are stated in section 5 which explicitly talk about video streaming.   You already stated they are different so how does it apply?

2 hours ago, edluvar said:

That is incorrect that Navy has their own deal. Aresco sold the Navy football contract for home games to cbs sports for guarenteed saturday afternoon times. That money is included. They do get to keep their portion of the Army Navy game. More importantly Navy has pull in the conference and I doubt they are the only ones who wouldn't mind watching Boise flail about. Just as importantly they don't need Boise, you all haven't done anything to threaten their NY6. They seem to want BYU or Air Force/Army as football only. 

I wonder how much better the other MWC teams would have done had the playing field been even?

To which you will reply oh yeah that couple 100k would really help.

I would like to answer every donkey fan on here who has argued that:

1) It wouldn't hurt.

2) More importantly we all know that extra 1.8m definitely helps Boise and its loss means they are just like everyone else.

3) Boise didn't do chit with that extra 10.8m over 6 years except bitch that the conference didn't kiss their ass enough to get a NY6 bid they didn't deserve. Funny enough they didn't really even dominate the MWC. Talk about chit.

Boise has no where to go but independence and Summit/WAC.

The MWC is a sinking ship. There are too many FCS level football programs inside the conference. The AAC is indirectly upgrading with the removal of Uconn. I don't want BSU to travel across the country for each road game, but BSU has more potential in the AAC. There would be more publicity, better ratings, and an improved chance at reaching a NY6 bowl. In the MWC, BSU lost a road game with a backup QB and was essentially eliminated from NY6 contention. Sorry, but having to go undefeated just to reach a respectable bowl game is not ideal.

The best scenario is a merger between the top teams in the MWC (+BYU) and the AAC, but that's unlikely to happen.

9 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

Where are you going to park your other sports? No one cares about you besides football. 

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. 

Don't be a dick. You could be our travel partner in the PAC14.  With an Idaho and Nevada school the PAC would lock up the west. UNLV is a much more attractive school to the PAC than Nevada.

4 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Los Blu Burros |—-> YBU 2.0

Translated back into GoState’s native tongue: 
3F0A7A1E-5652-4546-A821-A916850A23DB.jpeg.9113960406bdc71fce6e5c3851e36355.jpeg

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg