Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An Admirer from the East

MWC Boise Blues

Just now, Wyovanian said:

Then go hither and seek.

Nah I am happy here and I think Boise is too.  Outside of dissolving the conference and reforming without Boise, the ball is in Boise's court.  The contract is iron tight with no wiggle room or room for interpretation.  Kustra knew what he was doing.  If it came to it, we could sue the conference.  I hope it does not.  I hope we give up the Boise deal in 6 years.

8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Nah I am happy here and I think Boise is too.  Outside of dissolving the conference and reforming without Boise, the ball is in Boise's court.  The contract is iron tight with no wiggle room or room for interpretation.  Kustra knew what he was doing.  If it came to it, we could sue the conference.  I hope it does not.  I hope we give up the Boise deal in 6 years.

Actually there's plenty of wiggle room in "mutual agreement" language.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I am no lawyer so will take your word for it.  I don't see how the MWC gets out of the Boise deal without Boise's consent which I hope they give.

The conference could easily take a position that results in Boise State being in disagreement with the conference that could, conceivably, be a breach of contract or simply nullify it.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I'll defer to the expertise of @Joe from WY and concede to whatever his opinion on the matter is.

That would be a mistake.  I took contract law and don’t remember the professor teaching the “contracts were made to be broken” theory 

Posted Image

11 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I don't see how the MWC gets out of the Boise deal without Boise's consent which I hope they give.

I'm wondering if they either gave consent or agreed to renegotiate it behind closed doors.

But then maybe Hair opened his mouth on secret talks and some in the fanbase in Boise started complaining.

4 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

I'm wondering if they either gave consent or agreed to renegotiate it behind closed doors.

But then maybe Hair opened his mouth on secret talks and some in the fanbase in Boise started complaining.

Wouldn't be the first time Hair +++++ed something up making a flippant statement to the media about private negotiations.

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I forgot you were a lawyer too.  Care to expand on your thoughts a little?

I went to law school but never practiced.  If the MWC is breaking the agreement regarding BSU’s television rights I could see BSU not releasing those rights to the conference.    

Posted Image

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Wouldn't be the first time Hair +++++ed something up making a flippant statement to the media about private negotiations.

If there were secret discussions going on I am sure that Boise admin would have seen a benefit to the school or were going to receive something in exchange.

But Hair is Hair.

1 minute ago, edluvar said:

I went to law school but never practiced.  If the MWC is breaking the agreement regarding BSU’s television rights I could see BSU not releasing those rights to the conference.    

Thank you.  I would still very much like to here from Joe though as well.