Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An Admirer from the East

MWC Boise Blues

52 minutes ago, JuwanHWolv said:

Question for anyone that has mamagement/PR expertise...

Does Boise State publicly announce they are weighing their options IF they haven’t already preliminarily done so?

That seems to be something you’d announce about midway into already exploring said options.

Not that I blame Boise State at all, but I’m trying to figure out how far along they really are.

- Aresco probably sniffed around with BYU, etc when UConn left.  A good commish would look at every angle.  Other than that, wtf are the options they could weigh other than Oly's in BW and indy in football and that would be a death throw.  My money says it was shot over the bow.  A decent Texas Hold em play.

2 hours ago, VandalPride97 said:

I think the reasons the AAC deal seems shitty to some of you is because you're looking at it based solely on the bottom line whereas I think the AAC plan is to maximize exposure in pursuit of P6 status.  They're taking less $, but getting the brand out there more.  That's my take anyway.

And everyone else’s take save a few here and there.  From the moment it was announced it was marketed as an exposure move.  Look what’s happened since.  It’s a straight win for the conference and they’re pulling in almost as much money through bowl games/NY6 and tourney credits as the new MWC deal is in its entirety.  At least the last couple years.  It’s not a pissing match by me it’s just the noting that the narrative by some here comparing the deals is a different game than what’s being played.  The increased exposure has helped my school greatly.  They just agreed to the 3rd or 4th largest stadium naming rights deal in the country.  In itself its not quite the amount of the MWC deal but it’s close and would never have happened without the exposure it’s gotten the last couple years.  The MWC deal is great for the MW minus caving to Boise, it’s a near best case scenario imo.  That doesn’t mean that there isn’t a growing gap still though-there is.  Fortunately for some there will be another chance to jump ship relatively soon.

1 hour ago, JuwanHWolv said:

Does Boise State publicly announce they are weighing their options IF they haven’t already preliminarily done so?

That seems to be something you’d announce about midway into already exploring said options.

Not that I blame Boise State at all, but I’m trying to figure out how far along they really are.

I think Boise just saw the writing on the wall and realized that the options are thinner than they expected.  MW is the best option for them and they know it.  Indy is a dying mans game and the only other lifeline is the AAC who holds all the leverage.  

4 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Not sure why you are bashing on New Mexico State.

At this point, what is the difference between NMSU and the bottom of the MWC? 

Have you paid attention to the attendance in this conference?  There are 5 MWC schools average under 20K per game (3 at about 15K).   Would playing NMSU feel that different?

MWC average attendance 2019.
Team Average 2018 Average 2019 Change
Air Force 27,701 27,084 -617
Boise State 34,635 33,488 -1,147
Colorado State 29,504 23,337 -6,167
Fresno State 31,503 31,551 48
Hawaii 24,935 23,688 -1,247
Nevada 17,180 16,180 -1,000
New Mexico 16,587 15,747 -840
San Diego State 31,439 29,896 -1,543
San Jose State 14,255 15,387 1,132
Utah State 18,717 19,609 892
UNLV 16,823 19,864 3,041
Wyoming 18,885 23,007 4,122

This can't be right can it? 8k for Fresno in September, 25k for Incarnate word in November?

New Mexico State            
September 14 6:00 p.m. San Diego State FloSports L 10–31 10,123

September 28 6:00 p.m. Fresno State
  • Aggie Memorial Stadium
  • Las Cruces, NM
FloSports L 17–30 8,872
October 5 6:00 p.m. Libertydagger
  • Aggie Memorial Stadium
  • Las Cruces, NM
FloSports L 13–20 23,140

November 16 2:00 p.m. Incarnate Word
  • Aggie Memorial Stadium
  • Las Cruces, NM
FloSports W 41–28 25,804
November 23 2:00 p.m. UTEP
FloSports W 44–35 21,584

2 hours ago, JuwanHWolv said:

Not to take the metaphor too far (still gonna), but they've already proven they aren't opposed to late term abortions.

21 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

This can't be right can it? 8k for Fresno in September, 25k for Incarnate word in November?

New Mexico State            
September 14 6:00 p.m. San Diego State FloSports L 10–31 10,123

September 28 6:00 p.m. Fresno State
  • Aggie Memorial Stadium
  • Las Cruces, NM
FloSports L 17–30 8,872
October 5 6:00 p.m. Libertydagger
  • Aggie Memorial Stadium
  • Las Cruces, NM
FloSports L 13–20 23,140

November 16 2:00 p.m. Incarnate Word
  • Aggie Memorial Stadium
  • Las Cruces, NM
FloSports W 41–28 25,804
November 23 2:00 p.m. UTEP
FloSports W 44–35 21,584

Word

25 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I think Boise just saw the writing on the wall and realized that the options are thinner than they expected.  MW is the best option for them and they know it.  Indy is a dying mans game and the only other lifeline is the AAC who holds all the leverage.  

Boise will continue to explore their options. I don't know why everyone seems to think Boise is going to do something in the near term.

This contract has been signed, sealed and delivered.  Boise State's home games will be on one of the Fox networks, their away games will be on one of the CBS networks through 2026. They will continue to get their additional revenue through 2026.

The Mountain West board of directors let their position be known through Craig Thompson. Thompson reports the the board and was putting out their position.  Look at HIS exact wording during the press conference. "This will be arguably the last
contract we will negotiate Boise State separately, but their membership agreement when we named them the Mountain West Conference years ago was predicated on us negotiating their home games separately."  - emphasis mine

Boise State put out their statement a couple days later stating their position. 

Both sides have six years to figure out a compromise or if the stars align and the seas open Boise will be playing in the PAC 14 and it will be moot point.

Guest #1Stunner

WAC 2021?

1--Grand Canyon

2--Utah Valley U

3--NMSU

4--CAL Baptist

5--Seattle

6--UTRGV

7--Dixie State

8--Tarleton State

9--BOISE STATE?????

10--AIR FORCE??????

19 minutes ago, BSUFan said:

Boise will continue to explore their options. I don't know why everyone seems to think Boise is going to do something in the near term.

This contract has been signed, sealed and delivered.  Boise State's home games will be on one of the Fox networks, their away games will be on one of the CBS networks through 2026. They will continue to get their additional revenue through 2026.

The Mountain West board of directors let their position be known through Craig Thompson. Thompson reports the the board and was putting out their position.  Look at HIS exact wording during the press conference. "This will be arguably the last
contract we will negotiate Boise State separately, but their membership agreement when we named them the Mountain West Conference years ago was predicated on us negotiating their home games separately."  - emphasis mine

Boise State put out their statement a couple days later stating their position. 

Both sides have six years to figure out a compromise or if the stars align and the seas open Boise will be playing in the PAC 14 and it will be moot point.

So same thing I said just in a lot more words 

6 minutes ago, SparkysDad said:

It will take more than this ^^^.

More like if San Andrea Fault takes out the whole west coast. Then maybe there is a chance after CSU, USU, Nevada, UNLV, NM, Wyoming, AF, NMSU..maybe BYU.  

Ok... no chance for Boise.

7 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

There's a Trumpian explanation that took multiple flow charts and diversionary alt reality outcomes that everyone reading shakes their head and says, "wtf is he talking about."

My 6th grade math edjumacation is enough to understand that 3.9 x 6 is 60 mil less than 6.94 x 12.

And your 6th grade logic is preventing you from factoring details and the inherent value in a shorter contract in a time of media paradigm shift...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

2 hours ago, MWC Tex said:

More like if San Andrea Fault takes out the whole west coast. Then maybe there is a chance after CSU, USU, Nevada, UNLV, NM, Wyoming, AF, NMSU..maybe BYU.  

Ok... no chance for Boise.

Does anyone know what school this cockgobbler really cheers for? 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

This is the cold and hard truth from a P5 fan:

Boise State isn’t going to the Big 12 or PAC-12 anytime soon.  Do not underestimate the value of research institution rankings even if it comes to the Big 12. BSU going Indy will make a P5 invite appear further away and could lead BSU to fading into irrelevance like BYU is doing right now due to Utah’s continued success in the PAC-12.  Another 5-10 years and people won’t recognize BYU like in the past.

Hair and the MWC were able to pull this stunt because BSU’s options are extremely limited when it comes to other conferences outside of the MWC.

4 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

And your 6th grade logic is preventing you from factoring details and the inherent value in a shorter contract in a time of media paradigm shift...

How long did it take you dream up that line of bullshit ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

9 hours ago, JuwanHWolv said:

Take it for what you want but Boise has more OOC games scheduled against the AAC than any other conference.  They have also been ramping up their recruiting in Texas.   Coincidence.  Maybe.