Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An Admirer from the East

MWC Boise Blues

2 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

Sounds like a monumental stretch of the imagination to me.  The MWC as a whole is best served by resolutely standing its ground.  You guys aren't going anywhere, other MWC teams aren't going anywhere, the AAC is in no position to conduct a nationwide conference raid and hardly anyone in the MWC has any interest in playing AAC teams.  Hair holds all the cards but he's too fukking stupid to play the hand.

I would crush it as MWC commish. 

How is it a monumental stretch to think the AAC would want to negotiate sooner than  the 12 year mark?  Seems like these athletic departments like money but what do I know?  Seems you are making a lot of wild assumptions based on interactions with a few dozen posters on mwcboard.  

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

How is it a monumental stretch to think the AAC would want to negotiate sooner than  the 12 year mark?  Seems like these athletic departments like money but what do I know?  Seems you are making a lot of wild assumptions based on interactions with a few dozen posters on mwcboard.  

No, I was saying that it is a monumental stretch to suggest that the AAC would go on a nationwide raid and successfully lure otherwise non-interested programs solely to facilitate adding BSU.  It is further tenuous at best to think that the AAC presidents would vote in favor of something that risky. 

7 hours ago, boisewitha-s said:

UConn being in the aac is what dropped their brand. A few years in the big east and they will be right back to where they were. 

that makes zero sense...Kevin Ollie dropped their brand with Level I violations including “failure to monitor” that lead to his firing and show cause order.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

7 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

You, I, @Spaztecs@fanhood, and the American people all know that SUDS will do whatever it is Boise State tells them to do.

I will never admit to anything.

:ph34r:

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Where did the MWC finally fall on Tier 3 rights? Last I heard they were going to the schools. If that's the case...is it possible Thompson is a stable genius and is actually looking ahead? Somebody in one of these threads stated all BYU wanted was to get those rights. He tells BSU to play along and drop the side deal or walk...and if they walk he brings back BYU for all sports with the Tier 3 rights and sweetens the pot for Gonzaga by giving them a full share even though they are Oly sports only. Would SDSU still leave a MWC that is adding BYU and Gonzaga?

3 minutes ago, coalman29 said:

Where did the MWC finally fall on Tier 3 rights? Last I heard they were going to the schools. If that's the case...is it possible Thompson is a stable genius and is actually looking ahead? Somebody in one of these threads stated all BYU wanted was to get those rights. He tells BSU to play along and drop the side deal or walk...and if they walk he brings back BYU for all sports with the Tier 3 rights and sweetens the pot for Gonzaga by giving them a full share even though they are Oly sports only. Would SDSU still leave a MWC that is adding BYU and Gonzaga?

Neither BYU or the Zags are coming into the MW. Nor are the Aztecs leaving.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, Bronco7454 said:

According to Jeff Caves of KTIK radio in Boise.   Interesting video on this.  I agree with him 100 percent on everything he covered in this video.

https://www.facebook.com/ktik931fm/videos/1498250493658992/

He lost me when he said that we could just schedule H/H's with SDSU/Fresno/USU/etc.

If Boise State bailed out on the MWC at this point, I really believe that the current teams would blacklist us, and for good reason. You would have to build a case with not being able to schedule MWC programs as a starting point.

Also the AAC tv deal is TRASH, and I do not care about any of those teams.

This is all just nonsense and offseason bullshit. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

56 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

He lost me when he said that we could just schedule H/H's with SDSU/Fresno/USU/etc.

If Boise State bailed out on the MWC at this point, I really believe that the current teams would blacklist us, and for good reason. You would have to build a case with not being able to schedule MWC programs as a starting point.

As for the ESPN/AAC deal, there’s a lot of production costs incurred by the schools themselves. Some of the schools are equipped and others have to invest in production capabilities.  The same was true for the MWC and thats a major reason why they chose FOX over the ESPN/ESPN+ model.

1 hour ago, RogueStout said:

I agree with the bolded but I disagree on the AAC's tv contract.

6.94 million is good money while ESPN/ABC/CBS offer good exposure.

66% of AAC football games will be live on ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU/ABC/CBSSN (with the rest on ESPN+)...34% of basketball games will appear on ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU/CBS/CBSSN (with the rest on ESPN+)

mem skyline sig.jpeg

15 hours ago, VandalPride97 said:

No, I was saying that it is a monumental stretch to suggest that the AAC would go on a nationwide raid and successfully lure otherwise non-interested programs solely to facilitate adding BSU.  It is further tenuous at best to think that the AAC presidents would vote in favor of something that risky. 

You say non interested but are basing that on nothing.  If Boise leaves, the conference is suddenly CUSA.  They would be interested.

10 hours ago, coalman29 said:

LMAO, BYU is not re-joining the MWC as is, let alone if they lose their only nationally relevant school.

17 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

I agree with the bolded but I disagree on the AAC's tv contract.

6.94 million is good money while ESPN/ABC/CBS offer good exposure.

66% of AAC football games will be live on ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU/ABC/CBSSN (with the rest on ESPN+)...34% of basketball games will appear on ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU/CBS/CBSSN (with the rest on ESPN+)

No, it's garbage as it sits right now.  12 years for only 6.9 plus productions costs is an atrocious deal.

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You say non interested but are basing that on nothing.  If Boise leaves, the conference is suddenly CUSA.  They would be interested.

You're being just as suppositional about eleven other schools' reaction to a Boise State departure. I'd say a more likely scenario would be those schools taking a "wait-and-see" approach.

As for Boise State's prospects, past results are no guarantee or indication of future returns. Especially in an altered environment.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

1 minute ago, Wyovanian said:

You're being just as suppositional about eleven other schools' reaction to a Boise State departure. I'd say a more likely scenario would be those schools taking a "wait-and-see" approach.

As for Boise State's prospects, past results are no guarantee or indication of future returns. Especially in an altered environment.

Yawn.  I have been hearing that Boise is "one bad seasons away from X" since I was 7 years old.  Boise is not Wyoming or CSU.  We expect to win here, so we do.

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

LMAO, BYU is not re-joining the MWC as is, let alone if they lose their only nationally relevant school.

Your "national relevancy" is probably very overestimated, same as byu*'s. In fact, I would believe byu* has a broader market and fan base.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

No, it's garbage as it sits right now.  12 years for only 6.9 plus productions costs is an atrocious deal.

'only 6.9'

you can tell Boise didn't have to wallow in CUSA for 15 years like we did. 6.94 is damn good money for Memphis.

as for these production costs that keep being brought up 1) it'll be like 335-350k per year...that's nothing 2) UConn's 17 million dollar exit fee will cover production costs for the first few years anyway.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

Just now, Wyovanian said:

Your "national relevancy" is probably very overestimated, same as byu*'s. In fact, I would believe byu* has a broader market and fan base.

No, it really is not.  We have more top 25 finishes in the "new MWC than any other two schools combined.  The color of our Turf adds more value to this conference than Wyoming's entire AD.

1 minute ago, Ibanez said:

$6.94 million for 12 years is good money?  $3.9 in 6 years is a better deal. And BSU $5.6 for 6 years is even better.

6.94>3.9

It's all going to blow up in 5 years away so our deal could be for a million years for all I care.

mem skyline sig.jpeg