Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An Admirer from the East

MWC Boise Blues

22 hours ago, sactowndog said:

True though ESPN might want the 7:30 time slot.   The question is who in the west wants to watch Boise play Tulane.   

Boise fans will watch and fill the stadium. Just like they do when they play UNLV.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

BSU top cut was setup by the bonus system in the term sheet.  If we want to go by the letter of the term sheet, then no team including Boise, would get a bonus because the broadcast of the games are under 90 million households.  

2 hours ago, MWC Tex said:

BSU top cut was setup by the bonus system in the term sheet.  If we want to go by the letter of the term sheet, then no team including Boise, would get a bonus because the broadcast of the games are under 90 million households.  

The bonus system was changed beginning in the 2017 season. The conference went to equal distribution with Boise getting an extra $1.8 million.

The Term Sheet also says in relation to the bonus system "4. Division of Conference Revenue. The MWC Bylaws will be amended to provide that all members (except football-only members, which shall receive a percentage of a full share) shall receive equal distributions of conference revenue from all sources except as follows:" The next section is the language about 90 million households, how much is paid to teams in bonus, etc.

But none of that language about the bonus system is in the Bylaws. All I can find is the section below about 3/4 votes to determine distribution and the Conference Office keeping revenue distribution parameters on file.

Distributions. Each Member Institution will share equally in all of the Conference’s net revenues, except for revenues which the Board of Directors determines (by the affirmative vote of three-fourths (3/4) of the members of the Board of Directors) will be  distributed on a performance basis and/or other criteria established by the Board of Directors. A copy of the Conference revenue distribution parameters shall be kept on file in the Conference office. (Revised January2013)

https://themw.com/documents/2020/1/8//MW_Composite_2019_2020_Handbook.pdf?id=5130

The Term Sheet does say it takes precedence over the Bylaws. But since the above bylaw was revised in January 2013 after Boise and the MWC signed the term sheet, it would seem that Boise agreed with the language in the Bylaws and has never objected to it as inaccurate.

It makes for interesting discussion and money for the lawyers.

4 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Cinci is a great BBQ and rib town.

Good Lord, i feel bad for you.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

53 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Cinci only has good spaghetti chili.

th?id=OIP.xlefvVv6frvuco8PxkNE4QHaEK%26p

They dont have chili.  Chili does not have beans.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

6 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

One could argue that Laramie has more in common with FoCo than Logan and one coukd even argue that Logan and FoCo are more similar to each other than Laramie. Except you can't smell Greeley from Laramie or Logan...

No you couldn't. They are not similar in any regard 

As much as I dislike the unequal distribution, we still need Bosie. The new cbs fox deal probably has a provision allowing them to re-negotiate (or even cancel) the agreement if the conference membership changes. I seriously doubt they would just reduce the overall contract  by Boise’s cut. The 10 or so Bosie games they get to show are worth allot more than 10 games from any other team. If deal remained after a Boise departure, I could see each school getting a substantial reduction.

At the same time, I don’t think moving to the AAC helps Bosie. This year they would have been lucky to win 9 games there. They would go from being the dominant team to one of the three or four top teams in their conference. Far better to be the big swinging dick IMO, than one of the top teams in a G 5 conference. The move to a P5 conference would make that ok, but not the AAC. MWC and Boise need to make up before the media spins stuff too much and more feelings get hurt. Nothing makes a College football reporters dick harder than conference realignment. 

18 hours ago, BSUFan said:

Interesting point of view from a former writer for Fox Sports and NFL.com that oversees the news coverage for Saturday Down South, and SEC site.

"Considering the value of its football program, Boise State may soon be the most valuable “free agent” in college football"

Michael Wayne Bratton

The only true free agent in football right now is UConn....so.....yeah...

On 1/18/2020 at 12:53 PM, #1Stunner said:

UConn leaving has been devastating for the prestige and income of the AAC.

Looks like ESPN is now lowering the AAC TV contract due to UConn bolting.  AAC is under extreme pressure to get back to 12 schools after a 2 year waiver expires.  Their plan was supposedly adding Air Force or Colorado State.  That looks like it isn't going anywhere and so the AAC is now looking at CUSA (traditional base).

Your trolling needs work.  You just look like you don’t know what you’re talking about, not even Ibanez can latch onto this.

This is the first time that the MW had to renegotiate with a new TV contract with BSU home games.  I think when it came time to go to market it was a mess to have to do 2 deals.  It’s probably why it took so long to get a deal done.
I don’t think the rest of the members want to go through that again in 5 years. Hence the comment by Craig.  
It doesn’t mean BSU won’t get a bigger cut just that the conference will have 1 package to go to market with and not 2.

2 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

The only true free agent in football right now is UConn....so.....yeah...

Really? I haven't seen the news for a bit but when didn Notre Dame and BYU join a conference?

9 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Cinci is a great BBQ and rib town.

Damn fine chili too.

On 1/18/2020 at 12:48 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah.  +++++ going to Memphis or Cincinnati.  Disgusting cities with gross people.  I guess Memphis has good BBQ.  I would rather stay a weekend in Fresno. 

Memphis has amazing BBQ along with Beale St, Graceland, the Grizz, St Jude, the Civil Rights Museum, Sun Studios, Stax Records, the list goes on...folks love to talk crap about Detroit but when I visited in 2005 for the Motor City Bowl I had a lot of fun. Don't judge a city based on hearsay...go see for yourself and you might be surprised.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

2 minutes ago, CV147 said:

I moved from Idaho to Kentucky and everyone here has not eaten chili without noodles. It is strange.

That’s some strange shit.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Southern food is overrated (except Cajun).

Give me Tex-Mex, anything Mexican over Southern food. I realized last week that most of my at-home lunch food is Mexican. The restaurant here I go to most is Mexican. Tonight for dinner I had taquitos. LOL

On 1/19/2020 at 6:37 PM, UofMTigers said:

Memphis has amazing BBQ along with Beale St, Graceland, the Grizz, St Jude, the Civil Rights Museum, Sun Studios, Stax Records, the list goes on...folks love to talk crap about Detroit but when I visited in 2005 for the Motor City Bowl I had a lot of fun. Don't judge a city based on hearsay...go see for yourself and you might be surprised.

Stationed at the old Naval Air Station Memphis, now NSA Mid-South. Beale Street was a run down dump at the time but you sure could hear some damn good blues if you were adventurous enough to enter one of those old little dives. I was privileged enough to hear the likes of Muddy Waters, B.B. King and Rufus King among others in those run down juke joints.

It was nothing like the polish.and pomp or modern Beale Street. But it's a hell of a lot cleaner, safer, and more expensive today.