Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An Admirer from the East

MWC Boise Blues

Just now, tailingpermit said:

I’m disappointed that we are no longer with ESPN.  Bars around the country aren’t going to switch to FS-1, but they always have ESPN and ESPN 2 on the tube.  

When most BSU games start the people in the bars in the central and eastern time zones are either passed out, face to face with a hook up or heading home - No one east of the Rockies gives a crap about BSU 

I’m disappointed that we are no longer with ESPN.  Bars around the country aren’t going to switch to FS-1, but they always have ESPN and ESPN 2 on the tube.  

Being disappointed makes sense.  Folks stomping their feet and threatening to quit without any knowledge of what actually happened in the negotiations is ridiculous.

Is it possible that Boise is on FS-1 because they offered more money?

2 hours ago, Headbutt said:

So, this whole thread cracks me up.  First of all Hair didn't say that Boise's deal would cease to be negotiated separately, he said it was likely.  Boise fans getting their undies in a bunch over something they have almost no information on.  It could be as simple as all parties including Boise agreeing that the conference needed to work towards a large enough contract that Boise wouldn't need an extra share.  It could be (as some have pointed out) that they're anticipating a fully digital platform for the next contract with no TV.  It might even be that the networks have indicated that they're no longer interested in paying Boise extra.  Who knows.  Hair should have kept his mouth shut, but Boise fans need to drop the 8th grade girl reactions.  12 pages of much ado about nothing.

Maybe it is even something like Boise wanting its own streaming Bronco Network (they already think they are like Texas :rimshot1: ).

The MWC controls streaming rights. To get its own streaming channel separate from the conference Boise would have to give something back in return.

All of the schools were probably discussing something, who knows what it was that Thompson screwed up.

10 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

When most BSU games start the people in the bars in the central and eastern time zones are either passed out, face to face with a hook up or heading home - No one east of the Rockies gives a crap about BSU 

Not the case, before enrolling at BSU - I was living in Key West.  Whether the patrons cared or not the game was always on the TV’s - won’t be the case with Fox. 

1 minute ago, tailingpermit said:

Laughing at the current state of your football program?

First off boise isn't a state and bsu isn't bigger than a conference, you're glorified community college.

Our current state is on the rise and we'll be whipping you guys down the road so enjoy your advatages now because they will come to an end.

Just now, Lobo Amor said:

First off boise isn't a state and bsu isn't bigger than a conference, you're glorified community college.

Our current state is on the rise and we'll be whipping you guys down the road so enjoy your advatages now because they will come to an end.

Oh +++++ off. Just because an individual fan has an opinion you don’t have to attack the school. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Not the case, before enrolling at BSU - I was living in Key West.  Whether the patrons cared or not the game was always on the TV’s - won’t be the case with Fox. 

Some bars close at 12:30 ET and BSU games will be at halftime - regardless your playing to nobody east of the Rockies in the CT & ET = If BSU wants a global live presence get a deal to steam all games via BSU website or some outlet 

14 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Being disappointed makes sense.  Folks stomping their feet and threatening to quit without any knowledge of what actually happened in the negotiations is ridiculous.

Is it possible that Boise is on FS-1 because they offered more money?

Absolutely, but in my opinion I’d rather take less money and still be on the ESPN network.  I guess we at least still get one ESPN game every other year playing BYU. 

3 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

In what?  Mid distance running?  Certainly not football.

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Oh +++++ off. Just because an individual fan has an opinion you don’t have to attack the school. 

Well he attacked mine and also said that bsu would only leave for a p5 invite, like if that wouod ever happen. So don't get all hurt.

4 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

yes we do. It is the way.

Well he attacked mine and also said that bsu would only leave for a p5 invite, like if that wouod ever happen. So don't get all hurt.

Well, not to stick my nose in, but he did say it would never happen.

5 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

Ugh, you’re quite the dumb fck.  Aren’t you?

I made a comment about your football program.  

I also said the P5 invite would never happen, go back and reread. 

As for the “glorified community college” comment...

https://collegegazette.com/top-10-public-universities-on-the-rise/2/

That's true but boy did they get their feelers hurt. 

Yep.  I wouldn't use too broad of a brush, but a few BSU fans need talked off the ledge right now.  They've got a few years to figure it out.  I think most of the fan base and administration see just how stupid it would be to have a knee jerk reaction and cut their nose off to spite their face.