Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An Admirer from the East

MWC Boise Blues

15 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

Only in your mind is this the case. 

Actually as correctly stated by @Fowl only in the actual agreement is it the case.   Currently we only have the term sheet unless Boise wants to release the actual agreement.  But no where in the term sheet are media rights referenced.  Broadcast Television Rights and Web Video rights are both specifically mentioned with distinctly different treatments.   

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

UConn leaving has been devastating for the prestige and income of the AAC.

Looks like ESPN is now lowering the AAC TV contract due to UConn bolting.  AAC is under extreme pressure to get back to 12 schools after a 2 year waiver expires.  Their plan was supposedly adding Air Force or Colorado State.  That looks like it isn't going anywhere and so the AAC is now looking at CUSA (traditional base).

whole lotta spin in that statement.

UConn's actions have devastated themselves by allowing Kevin Ollie to wreck the hoops program and making zero effort to truly invest in football. 

mem skyline sig.jpeg

28 minutes ago, JuwanHWolv said:

I don’t think anybody cares Shack. That being said, it all comes down to what ESPN wants.

You cared enough to respond.

And who's Shack?

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

4 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

Yep. Some donors got their panties in a wad and had access to Apsey. He's just trying to publically appease their ire while basically doing nothing for the moment about something seven years down the road.

Basically something I said last night. Hair may have prematurely revealed some discussions from behind closed doors that left BSU fans/donors upset.

Boise may have a reason to their benefit to make or agree to discuss changes to the agreement. But if it was not ready for release they now need to appease the fanbase until they can say what they get in return. Maybe there is something more going on.

18 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Big West would take Boise in a heartbeat.

Abe Jackson, your current color commentator, might be cool with that. 

AP01030801793.jpg?wm=api&ver=0

Abe!   Color commentator on Bronco hoops radio now. 

And for the record, this public comment didn't come from Apsey.  He doesn't speak for the university.  That was a Kustra-esque response from our newb president.  I was glad for it for that reason.

So, this whole thread cracks me up.  First of all Hair didn't say that Boise's deal would cease to be negotiated separately, he said it was likely.  Boise fans getting their undies in a bunch over something they have almost no information on.  It could be as simple as all parties including Boise agreeing that the conference needed to work towards a large enough contract that Boise wouldn't need an extra share.  It could be (as some have pointed out) that they're anticipating a fully digital platform for the next contract with no TV.  It might even be that the networks have indicated that they're no longer interested in paying Boise extra.  Who knows.  Hair should have kept his mouth shut, but Boise fans need to drop the 8th grade girl reactions.  12 pages of much ado about nothing.

12 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Hair should have kept his mouth shut, but Boise fans need to drop the 8th grade girl reactions. 

14 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Hair didn't say that Boise's deal would cease to be negotiated separately, he said it was likely.  

A statement such as the one made by Hair (regarding the Boise deal) is never a slip of the tongue.

Hair’s decision to put that out for public consumption was strategic. 

Just now, JuwanHWolv said:

A statement such as the one made by Hair (regarding the Boise deal) is never a slip of the tongue.

You give Hair a hell of a lot more credit than I do.

14 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

You give Hair a hell of a lot more credit than I do.

Not giving hair credit. He’s just very transparent. Hair’s statement was classic child psychology.

Its like when the Mom with the beehive hairdo turns to the little boy in the back seat of the station wagon and says “I bought you those short pants for your first day of school. If you rip them on the playground, you’re not getting another pair. You will have to wear them with the holes in them.”

Not giving hair credit. He’s just very transparent. Hair’s statement was classic child psychology.

Its like when the Mom with the beehive hairdo turns to the little boy in the back seat of the station wagon and says “I bought you those short pants for your first day of school. If you rip them on the playground, you’re not getting another pair. You will have to wear them with the holes in them.”

:shrug:

37 minutes ago, JuwanHWolv said:

Dude fell asleep every night for years trying to scheme how to screw those bastaads in Boise.